Guys, Tennessee Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, damn. I'm already going to a concert tonight! A much cheaper one that involves real rather than tribute bands. :wink:

Well somehow I don't think the real floyd is coming back. I knew you were already going to another show, but yeah. I hope Danny finds someone. I just didn't have enough time to give work some notice that I wanted a few hours off.

U2 tribute bands: a good excuse to go out to some pub, buy a couple of beers, and hear songs U2 themselves are too slack to play live.

I probably still will! :lol: She grew up in the town where I currently reside (I refuse to call it my hometown!)

I can't find words to tell you how jealous I am :| She's my ABSOLUTE idol, I hope you've absorbed a few intelligent vibes from walking the same streets and breathing the same (probably quite stale by now) air :drool:

Well somehow I don't think the real floyd is coming back. I knew you were already going to another show, but yeah. I hope Danny finds someone. I just didn't have enough time to give work some notice that I wanted a few hours off.

Yeah, as much as a Floyd tribute would be good, especially this week of all weeks, I'd rather go to the gig I'm already attending. There'll be plenty of other PF tributes in the future, I'm sure. Hope Danny's ticket doesn't go to waste ...

I can never imagine sitting down and thinking 'I'm going to start a tribute band!' ...I'd find it far too weird/embarrising/ridiculous to pose as someone else like that, and admire the nerve of people who can.

Yeah, as much as a Floyd tribute would be good, especially this week of all weeks, I'd rather go to the gig I'm already attending. There'll be plenty of other PF tributes in the future, I'm sure. Hope Danny's ticket doesn't go to waste ...

Plus $80 to see a tribute band is a little expensive.

Plus $80 to see a tribute band is a little expensive.

YIKES!!!!!!!

I can't find words to tell you how jealous I am :| She's my ABSOLUTE idol, I hope you've absorbed a few intelligent vibes from walking the same streets and breathing the same (probably quite stale by now) air :drool:

Yeah, quite a few interesting/intelligent people have spent some time here. Of course, the really interesting/intelligent ones LEAVE!!

I can never imagine sitting down and thinking 'I'm going to start a tribute band!' ...I'd find it far too weird/embarrising/ridiculous to pose as someone else like that, and admire the nerve of people who can.

If I started a band, I'd want to start, you know, my own band. But clearly there's a niche in the market for tribute bands, so good on the people who fill it. The Australian U2 Show do a damn good job too. I doubt I'd see them if they charged money, but as it stands, if it's for free in a local pub, I'm down with that if it means good company and a steady supply of drinks.

If I started a band, I'd want to start, you know, my own band. But clearly there's a niche in the market for tribute bands, so good on the people who fill it. The Australian U2 Show do a damn good job too. I doubt I'd see them if they charged money, but as it stands, if it's for free in a local pub, I'm down with that if it means good company and a steady supply of drinks.

If you're going to start a band for the sake of the money then you shouldn't be allowed to start a band at all in my opinion :| I completely agree, you'd actually have to have SOME musical talent to be in a tribute band, and it's all being wasted and seems like quite a stagnant working environment. I'd much rather see a UK U2 tribute band for free - the atmosphere would be far better and less 'just get on and be like Bono, now :madwife' Nope, no more U2 tribute bands for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom