Guitar lessons......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
...I'm thinking of taking some lessons...... :hmm:

I have this idea of learning a specific song for my wife and play it for her on her Birthday...without her knowing that I've learned how to play.

Any suggestions or Ideas on how to get started?....i'm buying the guitar next week, probably.

Thanks guys!
RR

when is her birthday?

get an acoustic gutiar, learn to play All I Want is You. its u2, its a great song, 3 chords, very simple.

Pick a song that has the A chord in it a lot :wink: Its the easiest chord.
Dont expect to be a good guitarist very quickly, otherwise you will be pretty disappointed.
Oh, and be prepared for some sore fingertips.
Just dont complain about it in front of your wife or she'll want to know why your fingers hurt :p

the chords for All I Want is You are A, D, and F#m. . . you'll have the hardest time with that chord, but get it done man. she'll love it.

and if you want to learn how to play guitar without her knowing, heres a tip. before you buy your guitar, just go to guitar center every day and practice there! then buy a guitar on her birthday.

I just started getting lessons.
I've had my guitar for about a year and half and decided to get some lessons.

Good luck with learing.....I'm not usually good at anything, but i've picked up well from my lessons.

I don't have the patience for guitar...I'm alright I guess. I'm taking guitar as an elective next semester so hopefully that'll help.

Anyway, All I Want Is You would be perfect...it's really easy to learn (if I can do it, so can you)...and it's such a sweet song. :heart:

Good luck!

u2bonogirl said:
Pick a song that has the A chord in it a lot :wink: Its the easiest chord.
Dont expect to be a good guitarist very quickly, otherwise you will be pretty disappointed.
Oh, and be prepared for some sore fingertips.
Just dont complain about it in front of your wife or she'll want to know why your fingers hurt :p

Also make sure your fingernails are well trimmed...
hold the guitar pick correctly
left hand hold must be proper as well
choose a comfortable guitar strap
choose the appropriate guitar pick...size and thickness are important
make sure the guitar is properly tuned...
and voila...........you're set to go.....well almost

:wink:

:hmm: ........any volunteers on posting their rendition of "All I want Is You...."....come on I dare ya!

Musique13.gif

Re: reply

wizard2c said:

Also make sure your fingernails are well trimmed...
hold the guitar pick correctly
left hand hold must be proper as well
choose a comfortable guitar strap
choose the appropriate guitar pick...size and thickness are important
make sure the guitar is properly tuned...
and voila...........you're set to go.....well almost

:wink:

...finger nails trimmed? really?

I knew someone that played the guitar very well and he kept his nails long, so that he could use them as picks.....

Re: Re: reply

RedrocksU2 said:

...finger nails trimmed? really?

I knew someone that played the guitar very well and he kept his nails long, so that he could use them as picks.....

This sounds like a good PLEBA thread.......we need to check out Edge's finger nails....

:cool:

I suppose since I give guitar lessons I should post in this thread :wink:

All I Want Is You is a great choice: slow, 3 chords and romantic :sexywink:

as far as general playing goes, don't get mad that you don't play great to begin with. It takes a while :wink: And mainly, have fun with it :D

I'd say more but i'm sure you'll have a better teacher than me telling you much better stuff :lol:

VertigoGal said:
I think it was tre who posted his version of in a little while a few weeks ago...I never got to hear it...*coughcough*

:shifty: maybe

if you want to hear it i could upload it again

it's NOT utter shit/e:)wink: )...really, you're so talented. it sounds great. The music is better than on the album, no shit/e. Only disappointment was I was hoping to hear your imitation of Bono imitating a soul singer :wink:

:up:

I think I may start writing shit/e from now on, I like it...

Back
Top Bottom