GUILTY - Todd Bertuzzi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This was hardly reported on in the States at all.

I'm kind of surprised, actually, that he pled guilty. At least he admitted he was an asshole. :|

Gotta feel bad for Moore.

It's sad, too, that Bertuzzi had to let his temper get the better of him and do such a nasty thing. He could have had quite the career in front of him. I don't know what the status of his contract was before the lockout, but does anyone else think this will be like Marty McSorley (i.e. who is going to try to sign him after this?).

In October 2003 Todd Bertuzzi re-signed/negotiated with the Canucks. It was a 4 year deal worth almost 28 million (US dollars). Marty Mcsorley was near the end of his career but I think Bertuzzi is still very much in his prime. So yeah, I think he is still a marketable player.

On a side note, a few weeks ago there was a charity hockey game in town that was organized by Brad May (Vancouver Canuck). The game was sold out and there were lots of Canucks playing including Markus Naslund and Todd Bertuzzi. Bertuzzi got the biggest/loudest/longest ovation from the crowd. :|

Another side note:

Today is day 112 of the lockout :sad:

Back
Top Bottom