Guilty pleasures, pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
I know I saw a thread like this 6 months ago, so I say it's time for a new one.

The game? Tell us what artists/albums/songs you listen to that would garner :eyebrow:s from other members of interference.

I'll start. :|

Artists:
Kanye West
Nelly Furtado :drool:
Maroon 5 :uhoh:
Aerosmith
Def Leppard

Albums:
Gwen Stefani - Love. Angel. Music. Baby.
Green Day - American Idiot

See, beneath my indietastic exterior, I actually am human. :(

Linkin Park--own a cd and on the iPod
Kelly Clarkson--on the iPod
Daughtry--on the iPod
Def Leppard--own and on the iPod
a few songs of Pink
a few Britney songs :shame:
Destiny's Child songs on my computer
Nelly songs on my computer
Bryan Adams--own and on the iPod

LemonMelon said:

The game? Tell us what artists/albums/songs you listen to that would garner :eyebrow:s from other members of interference.

For one, I really enjoy How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb.:wink:

Oh, and I also like X & Y.

Sugababes....though I don't really consider it a guilty pleasure, I actually think they have some great songwriters workin for them:wink:

Don't know if it's a guilty pleasure, but I really like Alanis Morrissette and The Corrs!

Yeah, it's pretty much a guilty pleasure :reject:

I've always liked a quote I heard once on a Word magazine podcast which said that there should be no quilty pleasures since being cool has long since become the new conformity since everyone is trying to be a certain way and to exhibit a certain taste in music. Even better, the podcast then proceeded to blame the whole nonsense on Noel Gallagher for defining what was cool to listen to.

Listen to whatever you want as long as you think it's good and don't expect other people to like it too!

I would say that Britney's Baby One More Time is a great pop song but then it's probably become cool to say that too so is it still a 'guilty pleasure'?!

PS I am in no way trying to knock LemonMelon for starting this thread, because I do think there are a lot of people here who would comment so on people's tastes, just making a comment.

Why would Green Day and Kanye West count as guilty pleasures?

Mine are cheesy pop stuff like Kylie Minogue, Sugababes, Kelly Clarkson, some of Britney Spears' stuff.

But I don't feel guilty about any of my pleasures. :wink:

The Game. His lyrics are terrible, but those beats are :drool: Church for Thugs and It's Okay (One Blood) are killin' it.

I love Linkin Park, but I don't really consider that a guilty pleasure. I like a lot of bands like that - Breaking Benjamin, Trust Company, Lostprophets, ect. Oh, and I love Alien Ant Farm. One of my favourite bands. Wouldn't normally be a guilty pleasure, but around here... they're really a great band; there's much more to them than their cover of Smooth Criminal.

I bought "Kiss Me Deadly" by Lita Ford on Itunes a couple of weeks ago after hearing it out at a dive bar... :reject: i also like a little Poison every once in a while- it brings me back to elementary school.

I hate hair metal in general, but I will cop to loving "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake and any number of Def Leppard songs.

A Flock of Seagulls (especially "Space Age Love Song")

Christina Aguilera (especially "Candyman.")

Madonna

Pink

Does No Doubt count as a guilty pleasure?

George Michael
Phil Collins/Genesis
Pet Shop Boys
(early pop/adult contemp) Mariah Carey
Def Leppard
Iron Maiden

But I'm not the least bit guilty about any of this. There's something to appreciate in all genres!

I :heart: Ludacris's "Move Bitch." "London Bridge" is like crack, and I have a secret place in my heart for Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone" and a few Justin Timberlake songs (I even had an NSync song at one point, but I had to preserve a shred of dignity and get rid of it).

I have a lot of strange things in my music collection, but not really anything beyond those that I'm embarrassed about.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
and I have a secret place in my heart for Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone"

:drool: I like Kelly.

There are a few other really good songs on that album besides Since U Been Gone, but I have never bought the album or anything...maybe I should. :huh:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Guilty pleasures, pt. 2

elevated_u2_fan said:

Hey! I'm tired of all the hatin' on X&Y, it's not that bad, really... :grumpy:

Well, you are sort of right. It's not as bad as some here say, but I don't really feel a great need to defend it either. :slant:

LemonMelon said:
There are a few other really good songs on that album besides Since U Been Gone, but I have never bought the album or anything...maybe I should.

You should. It's a very good pop record. :yes:

Crazy Internet Wankers Worship Arcade Fire????

:wink:

Tonight I listened to greatest hits collections by both Olivia Newton-John and Barbra Streisand.

It doesn't get more heinously guilty than that!

corianderstem said:
Tonight I listened to greatest hits collections by both Olivia Newton-John and Barbra Streisand.

It doesn't get more heinously guilty than that!

I confess that I recently put Prince of Tides on my Netflix list, then bumped it up relatively high on the list. I felt almost embarrassed over it, but then I remembered why I was renting it. You want to talk about guilty pleasures? Nick Nolte :drool:

annie_vox said:
The Sounds...

"I THINK I'M GONNA START A RIIIIIIOT!"

I would have to say:

No Doubt/Gwen (mainly her singles)
Rouge Traders

I can't really think of much, as my music taste has expanded so much over the last six months.

Recently added to my I-Pod in secret :

Lost Without U - Robin Thicke (even though it's a huge pet peeve of mine when people use U instead of you, 2 instead of to, etc.)

&

Candyman - Christina Aguilera (can't help it, I love this song)

Regina Filangie said:
Recently added to my I-Pod in secret :

Lost Without U - Robin Thicke (even though it's a huge pet peeve of mine when people use U instead of you, 2 instead of to, etc.)

&

Candyman - Christina Aguilera (can't help it, I love this song)

when people use "U" instead of "you" and "2" instead of "to"......

who does that?:hmm: no one I can think of.....:wink:

I'm just getting over the fact that Robin Thicke's dad is the guy from Growing Pains.:giggle:

Back
Top Bottom