Guilty Pleasures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She ls Raging said:
My biggest would be Mariah.... mostly the old stuff before she got all skanky. Her voice still amazes me.
:yes: i have all her older cd's ... basically all her stuff up until before she got divorced (the last one i bought was daydream)

btw, cute avatar! :D

I kinda like Janet Jackson's older shit. Like 1998 and before. I used to even like Micheal Jackson. His last good album was 1991's Dangerous. Now he's just plain sad. Bryan Adams' Reckless was probably his best album and one of the better albums in rock/pop history.

Bryan Adams - Yep, I still have my cassette tape of "Reckless" around the house somewhere. I also have a weak spot for Duran Duran and a lot of other '80s pop.

Since when is classical music considered a guilty pleasure?

ElegantlyWasted said:
I like the following...shame free.... :yes:

Poison
Bon Jovi
Motley Crue
Guns N Roses
Def Leppard
Skid Row
Billy Idol

:p

I so agree!!! I actually saw Billy Idol in concert last year (a birthday present from my brother) and it was just so much fun! I'm all for music being serious, having a message, trying to save the world and all that but sometimes you've just got to jump around and have fun, which is why pop music will always be around.
Some other guilty pleasures -- Spice Girls, Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson, Kylie Minogue (she does seem to be genuinely talented, though, so I'm not sure if I should feel guilty about completely digging "Fever.")

u2popmofo -- I adore the Stray Cats! Don't ever feel guilty about liking the Stray Cats -- great, fun music and Brian Setzer is a ridiculously talented guitar player.

well I feel a little bit better since i saw a few people listed Mariah Carey. She used to be my favorite singer before I got into U2 *hides face* (although I wasn't obsessed like I am with U2). I don't really listen to her anymore though.
My other guilty pleasure : BAD 80s music, I mean really bad (although not quite to the level of NKOTB or Debbie Gibson)

Back
Top Bottom