Guillemots - 'Through the Windowpane'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
So has anyone heard this? I think some of the songs are really awesome but a lot of the slower numbers (and this is most of the album) just seem to plod and plod. When they break loose with the trumpets adn stuff they sound wonderful though.

I just missed them at the Lowlands festival (only caught their final 2 songs), but I'm definitely interested. I might check them out soon.

yertle-the-turtle said:
When they break loose with the trumpets adn stuff they sound wonderful though.
:yes:

Trains To Brazil is one of my favorite tracks.

It's 1 o'clock on a Friday morning. I'm trying to keep my back from the wall. :love:

This song is great, i saw them at reading festival and all of their songs were brilliant. But this is the best :heart:

Great album :up:. Trains to Brazil and the title track are my favorite tracks.

yertle-the-turtle said:
I think some of the songs are really awesome but a lot of the slower numbers (and this is most of the album) just seem to plod and plod. When they break loose with the trumpets adn stuff they sound wonderful though.

I agree. I think that works the best on Sao Paulo. I'm not big on the lyrics, but I adore the outro. The culmination of all the instruments leading to the big finale is fantastic. Definitely something to hear on headphones to appreciate the production of the song. I got chills the first time I listened to it.

Back
Top Bottom