Gross, Nebraska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Relationships. :sigh:

I don't know how people can just "pick up". I couldn't do that. I feel uncomfortable enough just with friends in pubs, and I've never been into a club in my life. I need to know somebody first.

I should probably just stop even thinking about it. I thought I was getting comfortable with being single late last year, but I know I'd be happier with someone. Oh well. At this rate, nothing will happen in a hurry so I better at least get used to it.

That is how I want all nights to be. Nights get worse if picking up is the sole goal.

Ah okay, nice story :up: I might go there.. but yeah getting past my own stigma might be a little tough. I'm not even 19 yet though :lol:

You'll be right, give it time (probably sick of hearing that).....Enjoy the single life!

Yeah Dad drove an Astra around from work for about a week and he was getting like 4km per 100 litres. Didn't fill up for the week, and he did a lot of kms.

Only thing is a diesel engine sounds very strange in such a small car :lol:

That's what I want, although I suppose once you fork out the $30,000 or whatever...it takes a lot to save back that cost in petrol.

Really?....I guess it would be a bit different.

I'll keep plugging along, smiling politely.

Some people find it so easy Ax, I know where you're coming from. Anyway, next topic :lol:

Like, this post I made in Confesh. Sorry, don't know how to do "view single post".

I hate ferals. I hate the way they speak. I hate the way they dress. I hate they way they slaughter our language. I hate how 'th' becomes 'f'. I hate how they have no consideration for those around them. Example.

I took a train from Werribee to Aircraft the other day, which is like 8, 9 minutes tops. Anyway this bloke gets on the train. Feral. Two others sitting further down, ferals too. Conversation went as follows:

"Oi Sarah!"
"'n who are you? (in a very Roberta-Williams-from-Underbelly-tone)"
"It's Steve/Glenn/whoever from the caravan park!" --> no inside voice.
At this point I was just texting, taking no real notice. They must have met each other at the park on holidays and hit it off or something.
"Oh yeah, ya still livin' there?"
"Nah, we pissed off, got robbed in the end."
"Yeah, I know, I stole off ya remember?"
"Yeah."
"Yeah sorry Steve/Glenn/etc, it was your Mum's watch. I was on ice at the time."

They proceeded to talk about various stabbings, knife crime, syringe-pullings, drug runs, teenage pregnancy, dealing...

all in the space of five minutes.

/rant

That's what I want, although I suppose once you fork out the $30,000 or whatever...it takes a lot to save back that cost in petrol.

Really?....I guess it would be a bit different.

Wow are they that much?? I'll always be buying cheap cars. Hopefully I'll be a Holden man always :D

Just 'cos I'm so used to hearing them in trucks and the like, and not in tiny cars.

I don't know how people can just "pick up". I couldn't do that. I feel uncomfortable enough just with friends in pubs, and I've never been into a club in my life. I need to know somebody first.

I should probably just stop even thinking about it. I thought I was getting comfortable with being single late last year, but I know I'd be happier with someone. Oh well. At this rate, nothing will happen in a hurry so I better at least get used to it.

Meh, I got over the whole going out thing not long after I turned 19. It turned out we had more fun listening to music we actually liked at someones house, or we could play PlayStation, whatever. The Alco-ma-hole was cheaper...and if we did end up going out on one of these nights, more often than not, we'd realise, we were having more fun back at the house!

Something will come up, for now If your enjoying the single life...stick with it!

(epic phail with words of encouragement, bono_man2002!)

I met her on a dating site, and we exchange e-mail for a few days, and after a few more days we both exchanged e-mails and started chatting on MSN for...make a month or so? before decideding to meet in person. The rest is history I suppose, 21 months ago....far out, that's gone quick...The only problem that's getting harder is the two hour distance between us.
Wow that's nice! I'm glad it worked out for you! :up:

I'd say probably 90% are auto :lol: Well, maybe a little less. But most are.

:lol: I'm supposed to I know but I get a little.. edgy. That's why I will try not to drive with my mates, who prefer to hoon a bit, cos they'll just either laugh or fall asleep.

Haha thanks :D
There are some seriously seedy blokes that kick around in those clubs.
:lol: Well that would be scary for me then! I've no clue how to drive an auto!

Well if they fall asleep they can't complain. :wink: So that'd be good.

diesels FTW!

If I ever have enough spare cash for a car, its going to be little Astra or a Corolla or something. I'd prefer the Astra, you can get them i Diesel, about 1,000km to the tank :dance:

I learned to drive in a diesel. First a Volkswagen Golf and then an Astra. :up: They're easy cars. Now I'm driving in a Ford Focus station wagon. I HATE parking! :lol:

Wow are they that much?? I'll always be buying cheap cars. Hopefully I'll be a Holden man always :D

Just 'cos I'm so used to hearing them in trucks and the like, and not in tiny cars.

I'm heading to Toyota, I drove my girlfriends mum's 2004 Corolla Altise.....really smooth drive, can't tell it's running, excellent on regular unleaded!

Ah ok!

Some people find it so easy Ax, I know where you're coming from. Anyway, next topic :lol:

Like, this post I made in Confesh. Sorry, don't know how to do "view single post".

I figure I'm doomed to the single life and that's that.

And what the fuck. Well, there's why the Werribee/Geelong line has such a bad reputation! Though I've heard unpleasant stuff right around the city. Not quite on that level, mind you ...

Public transport will never take off and truly succeed in this country while it has a reputation for carting the ferals around.

:lol: Well that would be scary for me then! I've no clue how to drive an auto!

Well if they fall asleep they can't complain. :wink: So that'd be good.

I learned to drive in a diesel. First a Volkswagen Golf and then an Astra. :up: They're easy cars. Now I'm driving in a Ford Focus station wagon. I HATE parking! :lol:

Autos are very, very easy. Just imagine driving a manual, but never having to use the gears. Ever. Just accelerator and brake.

Haha didn't think of that! Good point :wink:

I was surprised how easy I found reverse parking..

Aw:hug:
Well it seems like the braindead idiots always manage to pick up girls there. But if you look further and see what type of girls they usually get, be glad you're not getting them! (Or in my case, be one of them!)

:hug: I'm sure you'll find a girl one day that loves you for who you are, and probably goes all nerdy about trains too. :tongue:

Otherwise, you just gotta pimp it up in Dublin. I mean, what is our posse now? Two guys and, let's see, Ali, Kim, Charlotte, me,did I forget anyone? that's 2 females for each of you guys. :wink:

You see, on the right part of the post on top, there's a postcount right? #199 or so. Click on that, you'll get a popup with the single post. Copypaste the link in there and voila.

I'm heading to Toyota, I drove my girlfriends mum's 2004 Corolla Altise.....really smooth drive, can't tell it's running, excellent on regular unleaded!

Ah ok!

Can't go wrong with Toyotas, they are smooth as.

I figure I'm doomed to the single life and that's that.

And what the fuck. Well, there's why the Werribee/Geelong line has such a bad reputation! Though I've heard unpleasant stuff right around the city. Not quite on that level, mind you ...

Public transport will never take off and truly succeed in this country while it has a reputation for carting the ferals around.

We have faith!

Exactly. THis was a five minute train ride! It was shocking. People who aren't used to it would have a heart attack.

If they got proper jobs they could afford cars and it would be better..

Thanks!, The last couple of weeks have been tough with me starting Tafe and her looking for work down in Melbourne. Tomorrow she's coming up, and I haven't seen her for two long weeks.....as much as I don't mind a few days apart, and we've spent longer apart, but this has felt like an eternity, the last few days.

Nice! Hahah...Yeah we have a station wagon at work, its a nightmare to reverse park!

Meh, I got over the whole going out thing not long after I turned 19. It turned out we had more fun listening to music we actually liked at someones house, or we could play PlayStation, whatever. The Alco-ma-hole was cheaper...and if we did end up going out on one of these nights, more often than not, we'd realise, we were having more fun back at the house!

Something will come up, for now If your enjoying the single life...stick with it!

Yeah, exactly. Whenever Alison and I go to see the Aussie U2 Show, one of our big complaints is the crap music played between sets! I don't know how people could really hang out in a pub on a Friday night. And I'd certainly rather buy a bottle of wine for $15 than just two glasses of the stuff ...

The single life blows.

:lol: I'm liking you more and more with every post! I totally agree with everything you said, minus the playstation thing. Wii >>>>> Ps.:wink:
I usually go to my (male) friend and we play with two of his friends on the wii all night, guitar hero or soul calibur or so, or play on the ds wireless. That kinda stuff I like way more than going out.
In fact, I'm going over there later today to play a game. :lol:

Autos are very, very easy. Just imagine driving a manual, but never having to use the gears. Ever. Just accelerator and brake.

Haha didn't think of that! Good point :wink:

I was surprised how easy I found reverse parking..

sounds easy yeah, but I'd most likely be desperately trying to push in the clutch and wonder where the heck the gearstick is and then crash into a tree or so. :lol:

Reverse parking is easy peasy, for some reason most women park frontal, I've NO CLUE how they do that. :huh: Reverse is so much easier cause you can use your mirrors!

Yeah, exactly. Whenever Alison and I go to see the Aussie U2 Show, one of our big complaints is the crap music played between sets! I don't know how people could really hang out in a pub on a Friday night. And I'd certainly rather buy a bottle of wine for $15 than just two glasses of the stuff ...

The single life blows.

I think that's part of the reason I got sick of it. Why go out when you can sit at home, have some music up at a reasonable listening level, and still hold a good conversation, or at least some form of conversation, without having to yell out all the time.

Well, like I said, EPIC PHAIL man:hug:

:lol: I'm liking you more and more with every post! I totally agree with everything you said, minus the playstation thing. Wii >>>>> Ps.:wink:
I usually go to my (male) friend and we play with two of his friends on the wii all night, guitar hero or soul calibur or so, or play on the ds wireless. That kinda stuff I like way more than going out.

sounds easy yeah, but I'd most likely be desperately trying to push in the clutch and wonder where the heck the gearstick is and then crash into a tree or so. :lol:

Reverse parking is easy peasy, for some reason most women park frontal, I've NO CLUE how they do that. :huh: Reverse is so much easier cause you can use your mirrors!

I'd love friends that'd prefer that! Sounds like heaps more fun than going to a crappy club and not being able to speak!

:lol: be funny to watch.

Parking frontal's a nightmare for me!!

Thanks!, The last couple of weeks have been tough with me starting Tafe and her looking for work down in Melbourne. Tomorrow she's coming up, and I haven't seen her for two long weeks.....as much as I don't mind a few days apart, and we've spent longer apart, but this has felt like an eternity, the last few days.

Nice! Hahah...Yeah we have a station wagon at work, its a nightmare to reverse park!
It'll always seem longer than it actually is I guess, heard many people complain about that. What's Tafe?
We'll probably won't see you here tomorrow then I guess. :wink:

Well, if you've a neighbour well in his 70s that has a big ass car and can't park for shite, it's tough yeah! :lol: I try to put the car next to his, but if he's taking up two spots it's kinda hard!

The single life blows.

Agreed, and wtf, a bottle of wine is 15$ there? :uhoh: that sounds pretty expensive in my ears! Here you can get a decent one for like, 5 euros or so.

Aw:hug:
Well it seems like the braindead idiots always manage to pick up girls there. But if you look further and see what type of girls they usually get, be glad you're not getting them! (Or in my case, be one of them!)

:hug: I'm sure you'll find a girl one day that loves you for who you are, and probably goes all nerdy about trains too. :tongue:

Otherwise, you just gotta pimp it up in Dublin. I mean, what is our posse now? Two guys and, let's see, Ali, Kim, Charlotte, me,did I forget anyone? that's 2 females for each of you guys. :wink:

Haha, true. Nobody wants to be with a bimbo. I've always said that if I finally get another girlfriend, it will have to be somebody I consider on my intellectual level. It stuns me that some guys seem to prefer dumb girls ... if you need somebody to make you feel smart, then 1. you're an insecure twat and 2. you aren't actually smart at all.

:lmao: I even have a cane for pimpin'. Unfortunately for me, I think all those people fall into the categories of "taken" or "would never be interested in me".

:) Oh we have a Wii at home, thats good for a bit of fun, but if I'm playing FIFA or Action games, the PS3 takes the cake, cause its in High Def :drool: Plus it plays Blu-Ray!

That's the perfect mix, for a perfect night in. Add some food, background music, beverages, your all set :)

Exactly. THis was a five minute train ride! It was shocking. People who aren't used to it would have a heart attack.

If they got proper jobs they could afford cars and it would be better..

I think the solution is to out-price them. If they can't afford the train fare, and if the trains were properly policed so that they couldn't easily fare evade, the feral component would be swiftly eliminated and a better class of passenger would be attracted. The heightened revenue would also help improve the standard of the service ...

Well, if you've a neighbour well in his 70s that has a big ass car and can't park for shite, it's tough yeah! :lol: I try to put the car next to his, but if he's taking up two spots it's kinda hard!

My druggo neighbours have like five cars, all of which they enjoy parking in the bowl of the court so it's basically impossible to manovuer (sp?) in :doh:

:lmao: I even have a cane for pimpin'. Unfortunately for me, I think all those people fall into the categories of "taken" or "would never be interested in me".

Never underestimate the cane.

I've really gotta boot. I have uni tomorrow. goodnight.

It'll always seem longer than it actually is I guess, heard many people complain about that. What's Tafe?
We'll probably won't see you here tomorrow then I guess. :wink:

Tafe is like Uni, just sotra, I suppose the learning isn't as high-level as University.

It keeps me busy for two days a week (I usually work 5 day working week, now its 2 at Tafe, 3 at work).....then I spend the weekend in Melbourne (why I'm not usually online during the weekend :lol:)

Hopefully you won't, :sexywink: I'd like to plan a night out for dinner ect, but I think She won't be getting in till late.

Agreed, and wtf, a bottle of wine is 15$ there? :uhoh: that sounds pretty expensive in my ears! Here you can get a decent one for like, 5 euros or so.

5 Euro is about AUS$10. I can pick up a decent Aussie wine for $10-15, imports are more like $15-25.

But I'm sure you already know how expensive truly exceptional wine is.

:lol: You guys are posting too fast! I can't keep up.

I'd love friends that'd prefer that! Sounds like heaps more fun than going to a crappy club and not being able to speak!

:lol be funny to watch.

Parking frontal's a nightmare for me!!
Yeah it is a lot more fun, and a LOT cheaper. And I don't need alcohol to have fun.

yeah, you laugh. I'd love to see you drive this car then! :p

I barely remember how to do it. :reject: I've never done it since I got my license.

Haha, true. Nobody wants to be with a bimbo. I've always said that if I finally get another girlfriend, it will have to be somebody I consider on my intellectual level. It stuns me that some guys seem to prefer dumb girls ... if you need somebody to make you feel smart, then 1. you're an insecure twat and 2. you aren't actually smart at all.

Well these dumb twats prefer dumb girls, because, she might actually outsmart them otherwise! And remember mr Stormierziggy? If there's one thing he taught us is that it's all about the oral benefits mate.

Well, you never know. :shifty: :sexywink:

:) Oh we have a Wii at home, thats good for a bit of fun, but if I'm playing FIFA or Action games, the PS3 takes the cake, cause its in High Def :drool: Plus it plays Blu-Ray!

That's the perfect mix, for a perfect night in. Add some food, background music, beverages, your all set :)

:up: That's good then. The sports game is so simple, yet it provides hours of fun. I'm not really into football games, but I can see why you'd prefer high def. :lol: I remember some fifa game for the N64 and I hated it cause I could barely see the players!

mm food. Yep, that sounds like the perfect plan! :up:

Man I totally should hang out with you guys some day!

Back
Top Bottom