Grizzly, Oregon, United States, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Being broadcast "Live"

OH REALLY!? This I did not know.

Oh wait, is this that Sheffield gig or whatever? I remember now (Where the fuck is Sheffield btw? I keep thinking of Australia and it's been fuking with my head)

Fuck, does nobody in Poland use a Mac or something?

Oh well, guess it's Q's delayed broadcast for me.

Well, this Q broadcast sounds pretty sweet, even if it's a good while behind the actual gig.

Being on a delay isn't all bad, though, since I know what snippets are coming and can check to confirm.

The other good thing about the delay: I can safely take a toilet break during Stuck and know I won't miss anything.

UF. :drool:

And Bono DOES say "stay tonight in a lie", just not properly.

Q: Is Redanka's Kick The Darkness mix the version that's being performed live? It sounds close to me, but the youtube vids sound too shitty to properly compare them.

Part of me always cringed a little to the crazy album version but the live version...I think it might make my next U2 top 50 :wink:

The album version had really been growing on me ... then U2 had to go and make it look pathetic with that SuperWin live mix.

Q: Is Redanka's Kick The Darkness mix the version that's being performed live? It sounds close to me, but the youtube vids sound too shitty to properly compare them.

I only heard one of the studio remixes, once, so I'm no help here. Bono does keep thanking Redanka live. The audio in Matt's videos has been pretty sweet - but not good enough to compare?

So, very safe set tonight, but at least it had MW after One this time.

Wish Stay rather than Stuck were the regular acoustic song. And funny how Desire, Angel, and IALW are now very much missing in action.

So, very safe set tonight, but at least it had MW after One this time.

Wish Stay rather than Stuck were the regular acoustic song. And funny how Desire, Angel, and IALW are now very much missing in action.

Stay is one of my all time favourites, I'm sad I missed it

U2 mastered how to use organs in their songs on NLOTH :drool:

I do wish Stay were done full band, though. I mean, it's OK acoustic this tour (I don't find it a snooze like I find the Elevation Tour versions), but it's simply fantastic full band.

Every song that's not originally acoustic should be performed electric. Acoustic has never once improved a U2 song.

As much as I wish U2 would play Acrobat live, the acoustic version rehearsed before ZooTV's third leg is laughable. What a crap idea; glad they ditched it.

Ugh, time for university readings before class today.

Fact: Homi K. Bhabha is the worst writer in the world.

I thought I'd read the last of him when I quit PolSci.

Then I went and picked what seems to be the wrong History course. This is barely History. Just pseudo-intellectual academic wank with nonsense theoretical jargon that means nothing and is completely divorced from any good historical practice. It's just people prattling on with anti-West assumptions, and while I've no problem with people taking it to the West (I sometimes join in!), I do have a problem when it's based on some theoretical notions that lack verifiable historical substantiation.

/rant

Back
Top Bottom