Grizzly, Oregon, United States, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If we'd eaten there, we might've been honest and taken it back, but we didn't find out until we got back to my place.

Woah, this is spacey. It sounds like what Time would be if the Floyd had recorded it about five years earlier ...

If we'd eaten there, we might've been honest and taken it back, but we didn't find out until we got back to my place.

Woah, this is spacey. It sounds like what Time would be if the Floyd had recorded it about five years earlier ...

Yeah, I guess it depends on if you are eating there or not. I mean usually I'd take free food as a good sign but being in that place would probably just cause me to feel guilty

I hope that means you're a fan of early Pink Floyd then right? :wink:

Once you've got home, going back just seems out of the question.

Piper is one of my top five favourite Floyd albums!

Yup, no point going out of your way for something like that.

Syd Barrett was one screwed up dude that's all I'll say in regards to early Floyd.

So I take it that's a thumbs up on our cover then? :wink:

God, we get some ridiculous reviews on U2gigs sometimes ... just approved one by some guy going on about how One should never be dropped because it is "a masterpiece like the Mona Lisa and you could never ever tire of it".

Pull the other one! The temptation not to approve it surfaced ... :wink:

Yup, no point going out of your way for something like that.

Syd Barrett was one screwed up dude that's all I'll say in regards to early Floyd.

So I take it that's a thumbs up on our cover then? :wink:

And it worked out to be a decent lunch. :up:

Syd Barrett was screwed up, but he was a screwed up genius.

Indeed, it was good that you didn't just replicate the original. Nice work on the clocks too.

And it worked out to be a decent lunch. :up:

Syd Barrett was screwed up, but he was a screwed up genius.

Indeed, it was good that you didn't just replicate the original. Nice work on the clocks too.

He indeed was quite the screwed up genius, drugs do that to people

That was the plan, I mean there's so much of the original that we knew we could never change without ruining the song. We didn't want to copy the song exactly or completely change it so that it was no longer Time, it was kinda about trying to find the balance that says yes this is Time but this is also our song to an extent :lol:

Someone compared One to the Mona Lisa? Seriously? Even I think that's taking it a bit far

Well, I honestly don't get the fuss about the Mona Lisa either, so it's a comparison that works for me, just not in the way the author intended. :wink:

The Mona Lisa is a masterpiece until you see it in person then it's just...a painting...a very small one :lol:

It was nice talking to you Ax, I'm gonna get some sleep before I collapse, later :wave:

He indeed was quite the screwed up genius, drugs do that to people

That was the plan, I mean there's so much of the original that we knew we could never change without ruining the song. We didn't want to copy the song exactly or completely change it so that it was no longer Time, it was kinda about trying to find the balance that says yes this is Time but this is also our song to an extent :lol:

I'm convinced that in the latter half of the 1960s, half of the drug intake in the entire UK could be attributed to Syd Barrett alone.

I think you did pretty well in achieving that balance. :up:

The Mona Lisa is a masterpiece until you see it in person then it's just...a painting...a very small one :lol:

It was nice talking to you Ax, I'm gonna get some sleep before I collapse, later :wave:

:laugh: I can't say I'd even bother seeing it, from what I hear about the epic queuing you need to do to get in.

Have a good night! :wave:

I'd love it if there were a band called The Disease with albums like Eighteen Minutes, Unbelief, and Modesty.

I'd love it if there were a band called The Disease with albums like Eighteen Minutes, Unbelief, and Modesty.

1.5 Tangible Girls
Girls Laugh
Eighteen Minutes
Unbelief
Modesty
The Bottom
Foot in the Window
Hit Me, Hit Me, Hit Me
Reassembling
Dread
Calm Attitude
Plasmaweeds
The Disease
8:26 Waking

(Not my best work)

I reckon Hit Me, Hit Me, Hit Me will be the title of a Britney Spears Best Of in a few years.

Yeah but everybody needs multiple Best Ofs! You can't have just ONE cash cow!

See: U2 18.

Yeah but everybody needs multiple Best Ofs! You can't have just ONE cash cow!

See: U2 18.

Oh, but that was the first all-purpose U2 comp. It's a lot like being the first-ever DVD rewinder; it may be completely useless, but it still has some inherent historical/comedic value.

Back
Top Bottom