Grey's Anatomy, Season Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hollywood Reporter

Updated: 8:10 p.m. ET Oct. 1, 2006

LOS ANGELES - Eric Dane has joined the cast of ABC’s hit medical drama “Grey’s Anatomy” as a regular.

Dane plays plastic surgeon Dr. Mark Sloan, a.k.a. “McSteamy,” a role he originated in a guest appearance last season. He returned to the series in the final scene of the Thursday episode.

“Grey’s” marks Dane’s second co-starring stint as a hot young doctor on an ABC medical drama. Several years ago, he played Dr. Wyatt Cooper on the network’s “Gideon’s Crossing.”

Dane most recently appeared in the blockbuster “X-Men: The Last Stand.” On television, he also had a recurring role on WB Network’s “Charmed.”

Gratuitous visual aid

061001_greysanatomy_hmed5p.hmedium.jpg

I knew McSteamy was staying around :happy:

If this show were a *bit* closer to real life, I don't think Addison would stay in Seattle now that the marriage is over once and for all. But it appears she and the plastic surgeon will be hanging around...:drool:

Man I skipped season 2 and rejoined season 3 and everyone's bangin' each other again.

Woo woo. I like how the show starts and ends in a sweet milk chocolate moral wrapper.

I don't watch the show, but they were filming in Seattle today. My bus went by, and you could tell they were filming something bigger than a local ad or whatever.

Got to work and a coworker said it was Grey's Anatomy. One of her friends stopped by on the way to work and took some pictures, including one blurry one of Patrick Dempsey. :wink:

She also said that when the fans were talking to him, he sang happy birthday to one of them. Awwww!

daygloeyes2 said:
I'm flying on Thursday night so I'll be missing Grey's this week. :sigh:

Then I'll just have to watch it extra-closely and summarize it for you, DG.

I wouldn't make this kind of sacrifice for just anyone, you know.

:drool:

Oh, I meant :wink:

jobob said:

Then I'll just have to watch it extra-closely and summarize it for you, DG.

I wouldn't make this kind of sacrifice for just anyone, you know.

:drool:

Oh, I meant :wink:

Make sure you analyze McDreamy extra closely. Especially if there are any bare-chested scenes. Because they might be essential to the plot line. :shifty: :drool:

By Ann Oldenburg, USA TODAY

Has everyone stopped drooling?

In the final seconds of last week's Grey's Anatomy, viewers gasped when Adonis-like actor Eric Dane walked out of a bathroom barely wearing a towel and aptly living up to his nickname "McSteamy."

The scene instantly turned Dane, who plays Dr. Mark Sloan on ABC's hit show, into the talk of television.

"The response has been overwhelming," says Dane, who is married to Rebecca Gayheart from Fox's Vanished. He adds, "My wife liked it."

Grey's is off to a strong third-season start. The premiere drew 25.4 million viewers, and last week's episode drew 23.3 million. The third installment, "Sometimes a Fantasy," airs tonight at 9 ET/PT with Dane now a regular cast member.

"I get to talk," he assures.

Most recently seen in X-Men: The Last Stand, Dane says it took six takes to get the sexy scene right. "I was there for like seven hours that day," he says. "It was a brand-new towel, and it did not want to stay."

Although he was afraid the towel would drop while the cameras were rolling, Dane says he wasn't actually naked. His underwear was cut and double-stuck to his skin to make it appear as though he had nothing on under the towel. He artfully showed some hip.

It was more than skin that caused viewers to catch a breath; the scene was another turn in a double love triangle. Dane emerged during an emotional moment between Dr. Derek "McDreamy" Shepherd (Patrick Dempsey) and wife Addison (Kate Walsh) discussing their crumbling marriage, a union doomed by his affair, prompted by her cheating some time ago — with Dane's character, Derek's former best friend.

Dempsey, who remained fully clothed in the scene, "was really funny," Dane says. "He kept asking me when my calendar was coming out."

To get those six-pack abs, Dane, 33, says he "eats right" and goes to the gym three or four times a week to work with a trainer.

"The scene was pretty jaw-dropping," says Sarah McLaughlin, a TV comedy writer and blogger at ivillage.com's TV Cocktail. "Everyone's talking about it."

McLaughlin's jaw isn't the only one that dropped. Even the writer responsible for the scene, Krista Vernoff, says on Grey Matter, the show's writers' blog at abc.com, that she, too, was surprised.

"I wrote it. And still, when I first watched the cut, my jaw dropped with giddy surprise when I saw him emerge from that bathroom. Love me my McSteamy."

More than 800 comments have been posted in response to Vernoff's blog posting. Words viewers often used: "loved" and "gasped," along with mentions of "yum" and "holy cow."

And some complained their DVRs cut off just as Dane entered, causing them to miss his hot scene. ABC says the episode officially was booked until 10:02 p.m., although some local cable carriers might not have updated the guide information from the usual 10:01.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom