Green Day's American Idiot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nick_u2 said:
I like Green Day a lot and I like American Idiot but I don't necessarily agree with the politics of it. They can do whatever they want, I just want good music

it IS a catchy song...

actually,
I'm listening to Jesus of Suburbia now.
it's a very solid 9 minute song.

I may give this album a chance yet. Especially since I have heard some very credible people say it is a good record.

I'm going to see Greenday in Concert on the 7th of May, got 3 GA's, and I hear they kick some serious ass live. I LOVED their Grammy performance, and the American Idiot album is the only one I have in my truck that isn't U2. I figure if Bono can acknowledge them as a talented group (in his acceptance speech at the Grammys) I'm in good company when I say GREENDAY ROCKS!:rockon:

Sad_Girl said:
I'm going to see Greenday in Concert on the 7th of May, got 3 GA's, and I hear they kick some serious ass live. I LOVED their Grammy performance, and the American Idiot album is the only one I have in my truck that isn't U2. I figure if Bono can acknowledge them as a talented group (in his acceptance speech at the Grammys) I'm in good company when I say GREENDAY ROCKS!:rockon:

you will NOT be dissappointed... I saw them in November last year and Green Day put on one HELL of a show, and if you're expecting more of what you saw during the Grammy's you'll that and a LOT more... they're show is a lot more dynamic than what they showed at the grammy's

as for the album, it's phenomenal, it's something I definitely wasn't expecting from them.

Wasnt really much of a Fan before this album....
My Mums a bigger fan than I am...
I really do Like American Idiot though...And they are a great Live Act (saw them in Melbourne)

I'm very excited about the Greenday concert (even if it now falls under the shadow of the impending U2 concert I didn't expect to get tickets to) The LOUDER I listen to American Idiot the more I love it; I've got to be careful not to screw up my speaker system in the truck. Even worse, the louder I listen to it, the faster I drive... made a 45 minute drive in under 20 minutes the other day (Then I was sad that I only got to listen to 20 minutes worth of the CD)
I really loved Greenday around the time Dookie came out and then, to be honest I all but forgot about them. Then I caught that performance on the Grammy's and bought the CD the next day. I'm totally hooked.

The more I listen to this album the greater it gets. Anyone want to discuss the story of the rock opera? I'd love to hear analysis.

Oh man! American Idiot is fuckin' genius. Album of the year 2004, with respect to U2's HTDAAB. I'm getting really interested in The Who's Quadrophenia because of Green Day. Another album I've owned for ages and I prescribe whole-heartedly is Pink Floyd's The Wall. Genius!!!!!!!!!!!! Concept albums: :bow:

Can someone tell me if "Saint Jimmy" and "Jesus of Suburbia" are the same guy? :reject: If not, who is Jesus of Surburbia?

and zootlesque, is there a connection between the Jimmy in Quadrophenia and this Saint Jimmy?

U2Kitten said:
Can someone tell me if "Saint Jimmy" and "Jesus of Suburbia" are the same guy? :reject: If not, who is Jesus of Surburbia?

and zootlesque, is there a connection between the Jimmy in Quadrophenia and this Saint Jimmy?

um... I don't know much about Quadrophenia :reject: My interest has just been piqued, so I'm planning on buying it.

I haven't really analyzed American Idiot too much but my understanding is that St. Jimmy is the main running character who calls himself the jesus of suburbia.

I'm the son of rage and love
the jesus of suburbia...

IWasBored said:
did fat mike write that fucking piece of trash for them? sorry, i like some green day, but this is boring 'oooh i hate bush' bangwagon pop-punk SHIT. don't waste you money on these fucks.

that's my take on the song...as for the rest of the album, i can't comment as i plan to never hear the rest of it.

it all comes back to this post.

the thing is, i can't even see how boulevard could ever be a guilty pleasure of mine. it's not even catchy, nevermind good.

their popularity befuddles me.

~alan jamison

:laugh:

did fat mike write that fucking piece of trash for them? sorry, i like some green day, but this is boring 'oooh i hate bush' bangwagon pop-punk SHIT. don't waste you money on these fucks.

Horrible.

worst post ever. :down:

Zootlesque said:

Horrible.

worst post ever. :down:

this after you wrote that "your everyday with or without yous" in lemonade stand?

your credibility is at an alltime low.

At least mine was funny. This guy is an idiot, probably a republican who can't understand the genius of concept albums like American Idiot.

Zootlesque said:
At least mine was funny. This guy is an idiot, probably a republican who can't understand the genius of concept albums like American Idiot.

HA. HA. HA.

if only i could have a signature here, i'd throw that in there.

thank you for this. quite possibly, this is the most absurd comment i've read at interference since i read something by STING2.

at least when jick says things everyone knows he's kidding.

but maybe you are too? maybe i should be a bit more careful. you're just acting sarcastic aren't you?

Zootlesque said:
Bottom line is that you don't like Green Day and I do. How does that make my comment absurd? :coocoo:

Originally posted by Zootlesque At least mine was funny. This guy is an idiot, probably a republican who can't understand the genius of concept albums like American Idiot.

bad memory?

be patient; I think your right about the republican thing.

republicans have a real hard time accepting any kind of new concept, and just figure every body who doesn't agree with them is stupid or crazy

Jack In The Box said:
this thread turned hilarious for some reason

:lmao:

it certainly did.

and for the record, i thought what i said (which i don't even remember saying, although i still stand by it) was pretty funny even if zootlesque didn't.

i was accused of being an evil republican earlier in this thread. :rolleyes: is that all you got???

zootlesque, i see you're from jersey. if you want honest punk rock 'n roll with a left-leaning political slant, you really need to listen to the hudson falcons. they'll make you realize how ridiculous and contrived "american idiot" is.

Zootlesque said:

:hmm: I'll give them a try.

http://www.hudsonfalcons.com/music.htm

mark linskey's solo album is pretty decent too. i like the cover of springsteen's "this hard land" a lot (and he also steals the title of the album from the "stay hard, stay hungry, stay alive" line). plus the song "the right way" sounds awesome acoustic. but i'm a sucker for shit like that.

IWasBored said:
i was accused of being an evil republican earlier in this thread. :rolleyes: is that all you got???

No.
You were accused of being an evil republican GUY!

:tongue:

*doesn't own any Green Day*

IWasBored said:

http://www.hudsonfalcons.com/music.htm

mark linskey's solo album is pretty decent too. i like the cover of springsteen's "this hard land" a lot (and he also steals the title of the album from the "stay hard, stay hungry, stay alive" line). plus the song "the right way" sounds awesome acoustic. but i'm a sucker for shit like that.

Lyrics are cool, music sounds great, but that singer's voice sucks.

Back
Top Bottom