Gosh, doesnt it suck sometimes, to be a woman?????!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Im talking about the days when:

*Ur make-up doesnt go on right, esp if your rushing and without it, you 'dont seem to pull' or pple tell you you just plaster it on more (ur mum) when thats NOT what you want!

*Your skin can still be shitty on those shitty times and moments, and u wanna cry!

*trying to find the right stylish clothes to wear or fit - something you know you would suit and its never out there, or its shit material that hangs! And we all cant afford expansive tings daaaaarling!

*HAIR!!! the biggest hassle to women ever!
I HATE it when you walk out of hairdressers with it perfect, not a hair sticking out, and they do it sooooo prefessionally and when you try yourself u feel like uve slid trought a mudhole backwards and ran trough a furnace and it wont sit styled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

So u tink, fuk it!!!!!

*Boobs bums and legs - We are never satisfied are we? My bum looks to big! My legs are not long enough! Urgh, I hear it all the time.....shame only some of us accept ourselves and stuff any men who are fussy after perfection..........lets give them a perfect blow-up doll for their 'oh so perfect' lives....
biggrin.gif

*WRINKLES!!! do u run at the sight of one? I know at 25 I do, but they're laughter wrinkles.........
biggrin.gif

and finally *MEN!!!!!!!!!! who needs em? WE spend more time in the kitchen CLEANING while they sit sloppy on the couch, scratchin their little James while hogging the damn remote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

ok Im not speaking for everyone here, I am speaking for my sufferin!!!!!
frown.gif

its been 3 bad weeks for me, what else can go wrong eh??????? Will a big dark stranger capture me in the night and lock me in his coal hole for 90 days while he stands outside flashing his bits and being a dirty pervert in general??????? Ugh! No...I dont tink Diamond Bruno would do that, do u?????

biggrin.gif

just kidded D....
tongue.gif

anyone else wanna let off steam?????

[This message has been edited by mad1 (edited 12-11-2001).]

Mad1 dont worry im sure you look great, anyway you think 3 weks is bad, ive looked a mess al my life
biggrin.gif

And if the hair is a problem, wear a hat, its winter
biggrin.gif

Make-up, nah, do without

Or if alle lse fails put a paper bag over your head..hehe im only kidding im sure you look fine
biggrin.gif

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

Maddie...you look great today (as always), and you have the uncanny ability to put smiles on peoples faces...not even DB9 would lock away someone with that attribute.

Actually, I'm happy to be a woman. Especially during this season with all the parties and men tripping over themselves to score. You can string them along all night and then let them go home alone. I like feeling superior. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Hewson:
Maddie...you look great today (as always), and you have the uncanny ability to put smiles on peoples faces

I'll have to agree with this.
smile.gif

But I know just what you're saying Maddie-my hair is driving me INSANE right now.
mad.gif

And I never think I look good enough.
frown.gif

I fear posting in a thread like this, just cuz i have a proverbial shovel, which likes digging me into holes that I cannot possibly recover from... But, on that same hand, Im obligated to speak my mind... LOL

ugh... aiight here goes...

My personal opinion is that women judge themselves to look approximately 40x less fantastic than they truely do. My friends, are always saying 'ooh im so fat', and I end up replying no you arent hun just look in the mirror. This of course never goes over too well, women, when told they look good, I feel, fish for more compliments just to make sure you arent bluffing, cuz I swear I end up talkin for 15 minutes about how good they look just cuz they keep arguing. And when its all said and done, theyre still like well thanks but I still look like crap. Then, other friends, and also evident from my mom, clothes.... Ok clothes are just evil alright? You spend hour upon hour trying to match white shirt with black pants and then you can't decide on style and then it all jsut goes to hell. What ends up happening, is that you end up complaining about the littlest things, you cant believe how much it drives us guys nuts. We sit here like police diplomats trying to prevent you from jumpin aff a feckin building. Its like 'ooh well maybe I should change, I dont like this' or 'this makes my ass look big' -> when in fact it doesnt.

So, all that bein said, Maddie, others, just lighten up alright? Always with the complaining and such, it just shouldnt be happening, go easy on yourselves, all youre doing is drivin yourself nuts, and in the process drivin ppl like me nuts. So y'all just shush eh?? aiight... nuff said.

Well as FoxyFire says, I guess some women can be a pain in the butt with men just as much as men are a pain in the butt with women!!!!

Ok sorry for honking my tits here...but surely.....u all would understand, being a person comparing herself is stupid, but I only do in when Im weally weally down......
frown.gif

BESIDES!!!!!! UNFORGETTABLEFIREFOX promised us a strip later girls, so gather round!!!!!!!!!!!!

and no, ya dont need a magnifying glass....
biggrin.gif
(maddie has prob just made UFF's day...
wink.gif
)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry,

cannie help it!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Yes, I agree, being female is not the most fun at times. However:

My legs are too long. I have nightmares finding pants long enough.

I think my arse is too big too, but it's not. But I'm too lazy/lacking in time to go to the gym and fix it.

Hair is NOT *my* biggest hassle (not since I chopped most of it off anyway)... hormones SUCK. BIG TIME.

I can't decide if not having a man is a hassle or a blessing. Considering I probably don't know what I'm missing anyway, I'm happy enough without, although when a guy goes after me I tend to freak out completely and run screaming in the other direction. This is not easliy explained as I am not (to my knowledge) a lesbian.
I say again, hormones suck. Bring on the cyborgs!

It's not winter here. I hate that everyone one (including myself, shame) is conditioned into finding leg hair on females as so unattractive. To say nothing of perfectly natural hair in other places. I also hate that I got suckered into buying hair-removal gunk off TV that is next to useless... oh it takes the hair off all right, along with several layers of dermis and epidermis. Ow. And it stinks... "fresh citrus fragrance" my arse.

I really need to get some sleep. Sorry.

As a professional in the computer industry - that hardest thing about being a woman for me is that I don't get the professional respect I deserve. When at computer trade shows, visitors to our booth will look straight past me to find a man to talk to, assuming I am a "booth bunny" or that because I am a woman, I cannot possibly be competent and educated enough to hang with the big boys. It's aggravating because of all the intellect and knowledge I possess, the fact that I am not bad-looking works against me, and I refuse to be sorry about being a mildly-attractive (it's subjective) executive in the computer industry.
mad.gif

That, and when I receive email regarding my company - all letters from all men start out with "Dear Sir," or "Gentlemen" - as if it could not possibly be a woman receiving the email, and I do not fit into the Sir or Gentlemen category.

To add insult to injury during the holidays - I just read that only female reindeer have antlers in the winter - which would render Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer a girl, and not a boy, as always referred to.

------------------
No alarms and no surprises, please.

Good girls!!!!!!!!

This is what I like to see!!!

U all come on and have ur say about what U dislike about being female!!!!
mad.gif

mad.gif

LET IT GO!!!

mad.gif

COME ON!!!!

OPEN UR CHESTS UP AND SPILL IT ALL OUT ON THE TABLE!!!!
HAVE U SAY!!!!!!!!!

EXPRESS URSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strip show eh? Well... ya know Im only 17... Or I will be in 7 days... but still... If you say I agreed, better get it over wtih... LOL

I agree, there are a few things that suck about being female. But i wouldnt trade it for anything!! I mean, all the hot guys we get to choose from, and PLEBA!
biggrin.gif

Plus I never get PMS - I'm just a bitch all month long!
tongue.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

If I may get a bit *explicit* here...girls, would any of you really enjoy having a penis? Come on now. I like male genitalia as much as the next straight girl, but I would never, ever want to actually have one attached to my body. I think the female body is ever so much nicer than the male one, to walk around in at least.

And for as, um, *messy* as being a woman can be, at least we don't have...

~all together now!~

Nocturnal emissions.
smile.gif

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Originally posted by mad1:
Sorry Hewson, its just hard to be me I think...
frown.gif

I dislike my image and feel unattractive towards guys just......
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

im a sad lass, such a sad lonely lass...........
biggrin.gif

I know how you feel maddie. Sometimes it's hard to be me...for all the same reasons that you've said. But luckily we have U2 and wonderful people here to help us out sometimes. E-mail me if you wanna rant some more : hippyactress@hotmail.com

I really do understand EXACTLY how you feel., been going through that a bit myself lately.

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Bono: I don't walk, I swagger! I sashayed once, but just once. It wasn't for me.

Maddie, you forgot to mention tits. I could really do without them. They just hang there like the big useless mammary glands that they are. And they get in the way. My only consolation is they are not as ugly as the average penis.

Yay maddie!!! Too bad we don't live around the corner from each other, I'd buy you a few pints just for this thread!!
biggrin.gif

I am having a bad hair day, PMS is setting in (and being out of work is adding to my bitchiness), I get looks from guys but still am left to wonder do I really look so mean no one can approach me? Ugh, there is so much pressure for us females to look good it drives me crazy.
mad.gif

UUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! *screams and bangs pots and pans around in frustration*

------------------
"I sometimes get the odd twinge that I wouldn't mind playing lead guitar, just like a couple of notes, but that's about as near as I would want to get to the front." -Larry

Maddi you're singin my tune....for at least one week a month I almost want to jump off a cliff, and talk the world with me (DAMN that Eve...I'm gonna have a serious talk with her when I get up there).

I'm not happy with my weight.

I'm not happy with my hair.

I HAVE NO JOB!!!
frown.gif

I want Lipo, Lasik and some Lovin....

Money can't buy happiness??? I beg to differ...cos I obviously DON'T HAVE ANY!!!!

Grrrr...
mad.gif

Disco

Originally posted by Discoteque:
I'm not happy with my weight.

I'm not happy with my hair.

I HAVE NO JOB!!!
frown.gif

I want Lipo, Lasik and some Lovin....

((({{{Disco}}})))

Disco, you're a great gal! It'll all come together for you soon!

Are you gonna meet up with us in Dallas if we come to visit?

[This message has been edited by Like O2 (edited 12-11-2001).]

bwahahahahaa I love this thread!
You guys are cracking me up
I Loooovee being a girl, but at the same time I hate it. Im one of those girls who loves being girly and feminine but at the same time sometimes its just far too much of a frigging hassle to be bothered u know?

Our bodies are far TOO HIGH MAINTENANCE. It makes me insane!!!
MAddie, i totally hear ya!
I struggle, really struggle to find things about myself that I like. Im not even sure where it comes from, this feeling of low self esteem.

I hate my hair, its unbeleivably THICK and is a bugger to look after. Every hair dresser ive ever been to has said "Ive never seen such thick hair"

I hate my legs
I hate my butt
I hate my not so flat tummy
I hate my not so silky soft skin
I hate my chin
I hate my profile- cant stand it in fact, cringe when i see myself side on in a mirror
I hate my ankles!!
I hate that my boobs arent as perky as they used to be
I hate my dark circles under my eyes and cant get rid of them
I hate how my eyes look sad - Im told this all the time "whats wrong, you look sad?" ugh its the frigging shape of my eyes!
I hate my period because I get major cramps like someone is hammering my knees to my waist witha meat cleaver for 2 days straight.
I hate hair removal and Im paranoid about it
I hate looking in the mirror and feeling wrong

I like...
hmmm
the colour of my eyes
I am lucky to have good skin on my face. I get one pimple during that time of the month and thats it.
I am lucky that with not being a skinny waif atleast I actually have a chest.
I like my eyebrows
I like wearing girlie clothes. We rock as far as fashion goes.
I like feeling like a princess.
I love the strength of being a woman.
I like sexy eyeshadow and smelling yummy.
I like the sweetness of being a girl but at the same time, I like being tuff and a smart arse. We can do both, guys cant really.
hmm..

helloangel, that absolutely sucks. Next time those men do that, tell them off and u should address your emails as Dear Madam!

Women, girls, chicks, hot mammas, babes, united we stand!
and Men adore us...
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
Maddie, you forgot to mention tits. I could really do without them. They just hang there like the big useless mammary glands that they are. And they get in the way. My only consolation is they are not as ugly as the average penis.
Mine look really nice. *flashes Angela*

Really, what's wrong with you all? Being a woman rules!

Oh god this thread is a hoot! I've found myself agreeing with most of whats been posted so far.
wink.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

i also have thick curly hair,everytime i go to the har dressers they say sorry but your hair is just to thick for that style,so im stuck with the same hair style ive had since i was a kid.
we have to go through pregnancy (which i hate),we have periods,pms,and there is so much pressure from society for us to be thin,i cant even look through magizines without seeing women with lovely figures,no wonder ppl turn anorexic.
men see us as their mothers,all we are good for is cleaning,ironing and washing!!!(although my hubby denies this)
all men have to put up with is the occasional wet dream!!!!!!!

mmmmmmmm ok think i better stop there

------------------
a vampire or a victim it depends on whos around

Dont let the Bastards grind you down

Let's see...

I never had PMS..don't really notice my periods...
I don't look at women's magazines so the thin models don't bother me...
Labor and delivery lasted about three hours...per kid.
Husband likes to cook...has a turn washing the dishes..
I wash my hair and blow it dry and forget about it..
I don't shave my legs in the winter...

Life is good...although I agree about the boobs...They get in the way...I wish we could just grow them long enough to feed the kids...and then they would shrink until the next kid or something...

don't hate me because I'm ok with most of it...

dream wanderer

Back
Top Bottom