goodbye summer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
goodbye you sticky, sweaty, panting, uncomfortable summer

HELLO brisk fall with the nice sweaters and jeckets

I :heart: sweaters

I hate Autumn, it means its nearly winter & going to get really cold.

I like layers

sweaters and coats and the whole bit.

in the summer you can strip down until you're naked and you'll still feel like dying from heat stroke

What 'Goodbye summer'?

After two weeks of heavy rainfall the Indian Summer has started here. :hyper: Beautiful weather (around 25 degrees Celcius), sun, etc. I had my lunch outside today, sitting in the sun etc.

No, autumn can wait for a while... :)

C ya!

Marty

Basstrap said:
I like layers

sweaters and coats and the whole bit.

in the summer you can strip down until you're naked and you'll still feel like dying from heat stroke

Layers are good you can put on weight and hide it all in winter

But its cold and there is ice and when it snows we get snowed in :mad: And it makes my skin all dry and sore :down:

it's getting hot in here

you're welcome

I prefer the cooler months myself:cool:
we're in for a long dry hot one methinks....hot as a handbag with a can of deodorant...

enjoy the snow...you lucky bunnies

Popmartijn said:
After two weeks of heavy rainfall the Indian Summer has started here. :hyper: Beautiful weather (around 25 degrees Celcius), sun, etc. I had my lunch outside today, sitting in the sun etc.
to lose along the way
the spark that set the flame
to flicker and to fade
on this the longest day

:wink:

i converted the temperature, it's even cooler here...it's about 20 degrees celcius right now. but we've got a cold front right now. :D

I freaking hate fall and winter more than any other human being in the world.

boooo for fall haters

;)

it's more beautiful than the summer too. Especially if live live in a wooded area. the trees are inspiring!

I like fall because my birthday's in that season...coming up next month. :D.

That, and it's a pretty season.

It was cold this morning in my town-we had a low of 43 degrees and a wind chill of 38 degrees. But it bounced back up into the upper 60s this afternoon-it was a lovely day.

And then comes my favorite season...winter.

I can only hope that this winter is a lot less pathetic than last winter was. I want a good, old-fashioned, constantly snowy winter.

And I want snow on Christmas Day, damnit!

So ta-ta to summer...now it's time for my two favorite seasons to start. :).

Angela

Autumn is so crispy though, and overall crunchy underfoot. And everything starts getting all grey and depressing. Dont even get me started on winter when everything has either hybernated or died off....
Give me sunshine, give me heat so intense I can feel it right through to my core...Give me long warm nights at the end of an even longer day...Give me 45+ and remind me I'm still alive...:love:

Angela Harlem said:
Autumn is so crispy though, and overall crunchy underfoot. And everything starts getting all grey and depressing.

your trees turn grey? mine turn red, yellow, brown, and orange

don't get me wrong. I like the summer a lot.
but there's only so many nights I can take waking up in a sweat at 4 am

haha well we have an awful lot of gum trees here and they're pretty much greyish blue to start with - all year round. once trees die though, they look really sad. its kinda depressing seeing trees without leaves! summer is cheery.
i agree with you about some nights though. waking at 4am to find its still 35 outside is a lot to handle. you guys dont get long summers do you?

no...it's getting cold now. I have my sweater on

I guess I've always been a morbid person in some respects. I love the look of a dead leafless tree against a clear blue sky. I remember drawing that when I was very little.

heh

It's actually too blasted hot here in Alabama. I turned on the air conditioning for the first time in three weeks after finding out the temperature had gone up to 92 yesterday. Ugh! There's nothing you can do about heat. When it's cold.........just put something on!

Basstrap said:
boooo for fall haters

;)

it's more beautiful than the summer too. Especially if live live in a wooded area. the trees are inspiring!

I second the motion.

Here in Barcelona it is still hot, not quite like August though.

I am from Toronto and I can safely say they really don't have a fall. There are no colours! By December it hits 10? (celicius) and it stays there until march....don't even get me started on winter. :(

When I left Toronto, I didn't think I'd miss the seasons so much. I miss the seasons more than some of my family!

I love wool sweaters and a hot coffee in my cold hands. Bright, crisp fall and winter mornings... :sad:

I am going to shed a tear....

Basstrap said:
your trees turn grey? mine turn red, yellow, brown, and orange

Mine do, too.

And I'm gonna like it when the leaves start changing colors this fall in my town-we have TONS of trees in this town, and I just know there's gonna be some picture-perfect days going through town as the leaves change.

Originally posted by Basstrap
don't get me wrong. I like the summer a lot.
but there's only so many nights I can take waking up in a sweat at 4 am

Exactly. Even on nights when it gets down to 60 some degrees in the summer, the humidity makes it feel worse.

And then there've been summers where it doesn't get into even the lower 70s at night. Blech.

Besides, I also like fall and winter because the tornado threat calms down a lot. Yes, we can, and have gotten, tornadoes in the fall in this area of the country, but it's not nearly as common as it is in the spring and summer. And then once winter comes around, we're good for the next few months.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom