Golden Globe Nominations announced

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
To check them out, go here: http://www.hfpa.org/nominations2002.html

What do you all think?

Any surprises?
Any long-shots?
Any upsets?

Discuss
wink.gif

------------------
No alarms and no surprises, please.

I was hoping to see "Memento" and "Guy Pearce" on this list. Oh Well, there's always the Oscar's.

I got a chuckle out of Will Smith, even though it was expected. He will always be the Fresh Prince to me.

I really liked both "Mulhullond Drive", and "The Man who wasn't there", but I didn't expect GG nominations. They weren't really the type of movies that normally get awards. I would love to see Lynch walk away with a statue, even if that wasn't his best body of work.

Thanks for posting these. I couldn't decide if I should check interference, or the nominations first after lunch!!!

------------------
When you stop taking chances,
You stay where you sit,
You won't live any longer,
But it'll feel like it,
-Summer Rain, Bono

For Motion Picture Drama, I was very surprised to see both Man Who Wasn't There and Mulholland Drive - altho I've heard they're both great.

For Actor in a Drama - surprised at Denzel's nom - but have heard good things.

For Motion Picture Comedy - very pleased for Bridget Jones' Diary.

For Comedy Actress - very surprised at Thora Birch & Cate Blanchett (in Bandits.)

For Comedy Actor - shocked at Hugh Jackman

For Support. Actress - surprised by Cameron Diaz - I thought her strength was in the screenplay, not in her performance.

Support Actor - very happy for Steve Buscemi

Screenplay - very happy for Memento

That's all for now - it takes forever to look at the noms!
smile.gif

I'm surprised that Legally Blonde and Reese Witherspoon were nominated! It was a pretty funny movie, but it's suprising that something so teen-ish would be nominated.

I'm suprised to see LOTR so high, fantasy rarely gets that kind of attention, I mean literary minds always dismissed the books as "infantile escapism", but then again, who says they have to be right?

Back
Top Bottom