Golden Globe Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I skipped the Warren Beatty part, he bores me no end. What was the last movie he was ever in?

And Leonardo DiCaprio is so damn cute and hot, I have impure thoughts about him :wink: especially since he looks like such a boy..wrong, just wrong :tsk:

:eek:

people.com

Justin Timberlake and Cameron Diaz, who announced last week that they'd split up, got into a heated argument at Prince's Golden Globes afterparty early Tuesday morning.

The exes, who'd chatted politely during the awards ceremony and even shared laughs at InStyle's annual afterparty, hit the rough patch in their officially amicable breakup at a wee-hours bash hosted by the singer at the Beverly Wilshire hotel.

According to witnesses, Timberlake was chatting with actress Jessica Biel when Diaz approached. Biel stepped away, and the former couple had a serious exchange.

Diaz walked away, Timberlake followed, and the two were soon spotted engaged in an intense 40-minute face-off in a side room.

Diaz reemerged looking composed, but not before Timberlake held his head in his hands and, says a witness, "slammed his fist (down) into a cabinet."

(The New York Post's Page Six also reports on their Globes run-in)

January 17, 2007 -- Cameron Diaz is not over Justin Timberlake just yet, and things got heated when she saw her ex chatting up Jessica Biel in L.A. after the Golden Globes. Sources say the temperamental star "blew up" at Biel after she saw Timberlake flirting with her. Diaz followed Timberlake to the In Style party at the Hilton Oasis, where "they had an awkward conversation." The "Charlie's Angels" star then trailed Timberlake to the Beverly Hilton rooftop for the Universal party, where she found him chatting up Biel - and screamed at the "Illusionist" star. "If that's how she wants to get him back, it won't work," said our insider. "She's desperate." Reps for Diaz did not return our call.

0116_pitt_jolie_kiss__retna.jpg

Zootlesque said:
Seriously! :lol:

Actually, I'm used to hearing him speak in the most British of accents on TV comedies like BlackAdder and Jeeves And Wooster. The first time I heard his American accent on House, I found it very weird.

See I dont know what rock I've been under but the first time I saw him acting was on House, so when I heard him talk in real life I was like HUH??? :ohmy:

And then last night I swear saw him on an episode of Friends! On a plane, with Rachel?

My Timberlake hate increased by about 1,000 percent when he made fun of Prince's height. Prince has more talent in his pinky finger than Justin will ever have in his entire life. And he's a hell of a lot sexier too - even when wearing a weird golden suit or whatever it was he had on.

My squeals of joy were so loud when Ugly Betty and America Ferrera won that I think the neighbors heard me. The director/producer guy who accepted the award for the show was adorable. "Te quero, Mami." Awwwww!

I turned the channel when the whole Warren Beatty thing came on. I switched back about 20 minutes later and it was STILL going on. I never understood why everyone thinks he's so great.

Sascha Baron Cohen is hot. I can't believe I just typed that sentence.

I can't wait to see The Queen and The Last King of Scotland.

Sicy said:

See I dont know what rock I've been under but the first time I saw him acting was on House, so when I heard him talk in real life I was like HUH??? :ohmy:

And then last night I swear saw him on an episode of Friends! On a plane, with Rachel?

*clings*:bow: I'm not the only one who's brain short-circuited when I first heard him in an interview, I remember saying "Why is House talking in a British accent? It sounds unnatural.":ohmy: I usually love British accents :drool: but I definitely prefer him with the American one. It's strangely more authenic:huh: And yes, I saw that episode of "Friends" yesterday too. I was like "House?" :ohmy: That was great!

I still think the nominations were a bit whack for the film section.

Toni Collette for Little Miss Sunshine?
I still think Abigail Breslin should've been there.

Leo DiCaprio twice?
He's a great actor and all, but how 'bout Ryan Gosling getting a nom?

No Children of Men at all.
That was disgusting.

Evangeline Lilly over Kristin Bell?

No Hugh Jackman for anything?
He was amazing in The Fountain, an otherwise average film without him.

I'm sorry if I'm spoiling the Golden Globe fun times, but I really did not agree with some of the nominations, and a little less than half of the winners.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Leo DiCaprio twice?
He's a great actor and all, but how 'bout Ryan Gosling getting a nom?

Yeah, I agree with you on Leo getting two noms. That's pretty weak.

Entertainment Weekly is gunning for Ryan Gosling and the movie ("Half Nelson") to get nominated. I'd really like to see that.

Aw, warm fuzzies and all that..

imdb.com

Jennifer Aniston's best friend Courteney Cox and her ex-husband Brad Pitt have called a truce after speaking at the Golden Globe Awards on Monday night. Cox and her husband David Arquette were close friends with the former couple and Arquette spoke about Pitt on the Howard Stern radio show last week. Arquette said at the time, "When the marriage ended, it was sad. I love Brad, he's a great guy. He did some stuff that hurt our friend, but you know..." Cox and Arquette approached Pitt on a balcony designated for smokers at the awards show and Pitt responded by giving Cox a bear hug and saying, "Hello, sweetheart. It is so great to see you!" The group chatted about their children, with Pitt quipping, "We did Finding Nemo, but they've been off that for a while. We have a five-year-old!" Jolie, who was standing a few steps away, eventually came over and said an awkward hello, before leading Pitt back to the party.

I thought Beyonce was nominated

starpulse.com

Beyoncé Knowles' father Matthew is furious the superstar was overlooked at the Golden Globe Awards, accusing the film industry of discriminating against blacks. The singer-turned-actress failed to pick up a single nomination for her role in Dreamgirls, and - despite Golden Globe wins for African-Americans Forest Whitaker, Eddie Murphy, Prince, Jennifer Hudson and the movie itself - Knowles blames his daughter's omission on racism.

He told reporters after the ceremony on Monday, "Today is MLK's (Martin Luther King's) birthday and it saddens me to say that things have not changed for blacks. Working class blacks and blacks in Hollywood are still being discriminated against. We still have a long way to go."

I don't know if he necessarily said that regarding Beyonce and the Golden Globes, there's no context given on that site.

Yeah, Beyonce was nominated. If he did indeed say all that, what a clueless jerk.

Those racists, awarding Forest Whitaker the best actor GG! And Jennifer Hudson! And Eddie Murphy! And Prince! Why, god, why?

:rolleyes:

corianderstem said:

Yeah, I agree with you on Leo getting two noms. That's pretty weak.

Entertainment Weekly is gunning for Ryan Gosling and the movie ("Half Nelson") to get nominated. I'd really like to see that.

I don't know about "The Departed"...it was good, and he was good, but award worthy? I don't agree with that. However, I was upset that he didn't win for "Blood Diamond." That movie was amazing, and he gave, I think, the best performance so far of his career. If he doesn't win The Oscar I'll be extremely disappointed. He should've won without a doubt for "The Aviator" He was robbed that year. I don't know much about the other performances for the 97 (98?) Oscars because I'm too young to really remember, but he was brilliant in "Titanic".

Who was on the best dressed lists? I missed my trashy mags this week. :wink:

I just got back from (finally) seeing "The Departed," and I thought his performance was very award-worthy. I haven't seen "Blood Diamond," so I'll have to take your word for it on that one. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom