Golden Boot winner predictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2@NYC said:
If Klose wins, as mediocre a player he is, it will basically prove that this World Cup was mediocre at best.

thats bullshit.

Just proves paper means nothing. If the world cup was based on paper alone who would watch it ? me for one wouldnt.

the rockin edge said:

ok..

are you telling me you think Klose is actually the best striker at the WC?

you telling me he hasnt been the best striker at this WC ?

vaz02 said:

you telling me he hasnt been the best striker at this WC ?

yes.

just because he can score 4 against Costa Rica and the Ecuador reserve team doesn't mean he is the best striker.

great strikers dominate games, he hasn't...but then no one has done much of that, which goes back to Pablo's point about this world cup being mediocre.

can't agree with you edge. great strikers can be great without dominating.

look at rooney... he's a fantastic, world-class talent but he never dominated... and it wasn't his fault. he had no support whatsoever.

it's all about taking your opportunities and making the best of them.

which brings me to good ol' frank lampard.

i know he's not a striker, but noone in the tournament had more chances to score than he did through the quarters. he didn't take advantage of his chances, whereas klose did. he scored when he had the opportunity to - what more can you ask of a player? i don't care if it's against canada or china, a goal is a goal.

i have no idea why i feel the need to defend klose, but i am. :angry: :angry:

It's a shame that Rooney didn't stick to using his talent in a positive way.

Klose has scored the most goals; that doesn't make him the best striker in the tournament, though. Seriously, cannot we all agree that Henry, Ronaldinho and Gilardino are better players?

U2Man said:
It's a shame that Rooney didn't stick to using his talent in a positive way.

Klose has scored the most goals; that doesn't make him the best striker in the tournament, though. Seriously, cannot we all agree that Henry, Ronaldinho and Gilardino are better players?

sure cos Ronaldinho set the WC on fire :uhoh:

Henry and Ronaldinho are better players but they havent really shown it this WC, and henry left it late.

My point was that you cannot look at the World Cup isolatedly when judging who's the better player. Just as you cannot look at their number of goals alone.

Only a freak of a manager would pick Klose over Ronaldinho or Henry for his team, if he had the choice.

U2Man said:
Only a freak of a manager would pick Klose over Ronaldinho or Henry for his team, if he had the choice.

Exactly. :up:

The fact that stars like Ronaldinho, Henry or Van Nisterooy have not done well and an average striker like Klose has tells you that this World Cup has been mediocre, as those players are the ones that make the game exciting and fun to watch. Klose doesnt.

back to my point.
i dont watch the world cup to see exciting players , i watch it so see good honest football , and that klose has provided me with.

I have no compalints with this WC apart from the ref's

Just because a player doesn't get all the publicity and sponsorship deals as the "stars" do, you can't rule out their talent. Real Madrid for instance, is full of supposedly "world class" players, but that means nothing if the team doesn't work together.

Zoomerang96 said:
can't agree with you edge. great strikers can be great without dominating.

look at rooney... he's a fantastic, world-class talent but he never dominated... and it wasn't his fault. he had no support whatsoever.

well sure, no matter how good anyone is they need support. i'm not gonna argue with that. but Rooney has dominated games, maybe not in this world cup, but he does dominate games, he has that capability. does Klose?

Klose played today, but if i didnt know who he was i wouldn't have known...did he even have 1 shot?

Zoomerang96 said:
it's all about taking your opportunities and making the best of them.

which brings me to good ol' frank lampard.

i know he's not a striker, but noone in the tournament had more chances to score than he did through the quarters. he didn't take advantage of his chances, whereas klose did. he scored when he had the opportunity to - what more can you ask of a player? i don't care if it's against canada or china, a goal is a goal.

taking chances is key, but real top strikers score against the best in the big games, in addition to scoring agains the weak teams. wasn't Klose's goal against Argentina his first world cup goal outside of the group stage & against a top side?

but then Klose basicly represents Germany this time (and last time really, although it took until the final then), looking great against low quality but when they come up against the top teams they fall flat.

Germany this world cup:

10 goals in the first 360 minutes, never trailed in a game.

1 goal in the last 240 minutes, never lead in a game.

Maybe Zidane will win, what will all the "last game before he retires" hype. :shrug:

I think none of the overhyped stars did great on this WC - Figo, Beckham, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Raul, Henry, Ballack, Shevchenko...even Zidane, up until the games with Spain, Portugal and Brazil.

The Golden Ball winner is Zidane. What a fucking joke. He did nothing aside from the Spain and Brazil games. He did nothing in the final apart from acting like a dick. Hell, Thuram deserves it more than he does. Funny, cause the whole world have been singing praises for the solid work done by Buffon and Cannavaro. Oh wait, FIFA is a French organization and their hero is done so let's give the award to him :madspit: :madspit: :madspit:

Scored 3 goals against Spain, Portugal and Italy and made two passes for the goal. Made a fool out of world champions and showed his bag of tricks against Brazil.

A red card and a bad ending of his career doesn't mean he's not a great player.

edit: apparently he didn't come to collect the trophy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom