Going to see Pete Yorn!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
HOOOOOORAY FOR SISTERS!

....errr I mean being 18......yeah that's the ticket....

------------------
"Just tell 'em what they wanna hear & nobody will complain."

Email is fun and so am I. So put the two together and see what you get! LillyU2@hotmail.com

bwahahaha. oh dear. *wonders how many years we may be in prison for stolen identity*

Awesome! I get to see him at Atlanta's Music Midtown Festival in May.

My boyfriend and I booked ourselves at the Ritz-Carlton for 3 nights to up our chances of
meeting him, No Doubt, Bush, Garbage, etc.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
bwahahaha. oh dear. *wonders how many years we may be in prison for stolen identity*

*sob* it's not going to be stolen 'cos she GAVE IT AWAY *sob* I've no identity.....
frown.gif

------------------

I've heard he puts on a good live show. Anyone seen him?

I haven't seen Pete Yorn (though I do like him. Hopefully I'll get to see him in May.), but I HAVE seen Elbow, the opening act, and they are amazing. If you haven't heard them yet, you should definitely listen to some stuff on their site (elbow.co.uk). I wanted to go see them in PA, mostly for Elbow, but my dad is coming up that week, so I decided it probably wouldn't be a good idea to ditch him to go to a concert after he'd driven for fourteen hours.
smile.gif
Anyway, have fun, and let us know how the show was!

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

I'd encourage any Weezer fans to check out Yorn's tour dates as well, he is appearing with Weezer at many of the venues.

Yah... He's coming to the local 'Wannabe' Club here at ND, "HEARTLAND".. I'll be hitting that up.. I've heard things about his shows and they all say it's pretty good..
L.Unplugged

On April 15th here in Minneapolis. hehe. I totally was unaware that he was coming to town till today, but as I've gotten completely hooked on his debut album "musicforthemorningafter" I couldn't resist getting tix to see him live. Now to see if Lilly wants to come along....(hurry up and read your email, girl!
wink.gif
)

I've heard he puts on a good live show. Anyone seen him?

omc lemonite. i can't believe he's going to be at heartland. that place is so cheesy. pete yorn rocks though.

Originally posted by zonelistener:
That's a cool club name Lemonite (Heartland!!!).

I wanna go Sula! How much are tix? I guess I am going to see Dishwalla too on May and Beta Band. Got a busy concert schedule.

*sob* zone...you can *sob sob* take my ticket *sob* I can't go *sooooooob*
frown.gif

------------------

What happened????? *sob*

I MIGHT be back in tha game.....gotta work on the 'rents! I think I've got the 'not so 18' thing under control though.....I'll call ya

Pete Yorn is so much better live than on CD. I have seen him twice now. You will have a blast.

DC on May 24th. I will be hitting that up for the 3rd time.

Originally posted by DiGi:
Pete Yorn is so much better live than on CD. I have seen him twice now. You will have a blast.

DC on May 24th. I will be hitting that up for the 3rd time.

Is that the Chili Cook-off? I think I might go this year just for Pete Yorn and Remy Zero.

------------------
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

No actually he is at 9:30 club on the 24th. I am to this for going for sure.

I just looked, the Chilli Cook off is the 18th of May (I have never been) but if Remy Zero and PY are playing I will be going this year. I did not realize they were in the line up.

Let me know if you end up going.

Originally posted by DiGi:
No actually he is at 9:30 club on the 24th. I am to this for going for sure.

I just looked, the Chilli Cook off is the 18th of May (I have never been) but if Remy Zero and PY are playing I will be going this year. I did not realize they were in the line up.

Let me know if you end up going.

Wow! I didn't know he'd be at 9:30! Yay! I'll definitely make every effort to be there. I'll probably go to the chili cook-off too, because Remy Zero are really good live, and $15 is a pretty good price to see both them and Pete Yorn. I'm going to die of concert overload, though. Oh well. It's a good way to go.
smile.gif

------------------

I saw Pete when I was visiting friends down south in Atlanta back in November. He was terrific. Gives the songs a good workover so that they vary a bit from the album. He also played a couple new ones as well as a Springsteen cover and a Smiths song.

Tonite is the show!
biggrin.gif

*cries because Lilly couldn't come*
frown.gif
But
biggrin.gif
because Ali Rose could come. *sigh*

umm, so the show was really great! And the opening band "Elbow" was awesome too. Sorta Radiohead-esque band from Manchester who joked that they'd always wanted to play First Ave. since they saw "Purple Rain".
biggrin.gif

Pete and co. were rockin' and Ali Rose and I were right up front against the railing, so we had great spots. I almost brought my camera along, but chickened out at the last moment for fear it would get taken away. Should have done it tho...there were a few other cameras taking pics now and then. blah. Oh well. They played all my favorites from the album and some covers that I forget the name of (hey, Mr. DJ?). All in all, wonderful night although my feet are sore from standing for so long (the show was delayed till like 10
frown.gif
) and I'm sleepy from being out so late on a work night.
biggrin.gif

So definitely go see Pete live if you get the opportunity. Great show.

umm, so the show was really great! And the opening band "Elbow" was awesome too. Sorta Radiohead-esque band from Manchester who joked that they'd always wanted to play First Ave. since they saw "Purple Rain".
biggrin.gif

B]

I'm glad you liked Elbow. They're one of my favourite bands. I'm sad that I couldn't see them on this tour. They're incredible live, and very funny.

------------------

Originally posted by meegannie:
I'm glad you liked Elbow. They're one of my favourite bands. I'm sad that I couldn't see them on this tour. They're incredible live, and very funny.

Yeah, we had never heard about them and were really really impressed! I'd definitely go buy their music after having seen them. Actually, since we were standing right next to the speakers, an overabundance of bass prevented us from fully enjoying some of the songs, but they had a great vibe and the lead singer was feckin' hilarious! Also, their drummer was back in England waiting for his child to be born, so the stand-in was the drummer from the Stereo MCs. Definitely a band worth seeing. Do you have any links to mp3s or whatnot?

Yeah, we had never heard about them and were really really impressed! I'd definitely go buy their music after having seen them. Actually, since we were standing right next to the speakers, an overabundance of bass prevented us from fully enjoying some of the songs, but they had a great vibe and the lead singer was feckin' hilarious! Also, their drummer was back in England waiting for his child to be born, so the stand-in was the drummer from the Stereo MCs. Definitely a band worth seeing. Do you have any links to mp3s or whatnot?

Yay! I'm so happy. I CANNOT say enough good things about this band. When they played here in DC, the lead singer had the flu, but still sang anyway (and sounded perfect, actually), and the next night in Atlanta, he was too sick to sing, but instead of cancelling the show, they did Elbow karaoke with volunteers from the audience.

They have a little bit on their official site, http://www.elbow.co.uk/ . There's an acoustic session at http://www.getmusic.com/ecoustics/elbow.html , and a live session at http://www.virginradio.co.uk/music/artists/elbow/live.html . The best fansite is http://www.powderblue.fsnet.co.uk/frameset.htm .
You should also look at the new US site ( http://www.elbow.co.uk/usa/index.asp ). There's not much up yet, but I love this part:
"Guy wrote on 31 January 2002:
if anybody knows who the only person in hawaii to buy our album is,please get them to contact us at hawaii@elbow.co.uk so we can befriend and congratulate them in our own special way. love guy x x x" The tour diaries section is great too.

I highly recommend the whole album, though(and also those of their friends, Doves and Starsailor
smile.gif
).

Oh, also, they're coming back to the US in late summer.

------------------

sweet! Thanks for the links. I'm glad to see (reading the CD reviews) that I'm not the only one who thought they sounded a wee bit Radiohead. Now I'll have to keep a lookout for their stuff at the used CD stores I haunt. Which album is a must-have-first, d'ya think?

sweet! Thanks for the links. I'm glad to see (reading the CD reviews) that I'm not the only one who thought they sounded a wee bit Radiohead. Now I'll have to keep a lookout for their stuff at the used CD stores I haunt. Which album is a must-have-first, d'ya think?

In Q Magazine, they said they were "Radiohead for girls."
smile.gif
They only have one album out so far, "Asleep in the Back." It was just released a month or so ago.

------------------

smile.gif
They only have one album out so far, "Asleep in the Back." It was just released a month or so ago.

bwahaha. Well I dunno about "Radiohead for girls" cuz I love Radiohead and I'm a girl, but ok. The lead singer really fooled me...with his scruffy blue-collar look I was NOT expecting a voice like that. wow. I'll definitely go pick up the CD.

smile.gif

I just got Asleep in the Back yesterday. So far I like a lot of stuff on it.

Has anyone ever heard of Sloan, the band that is opening for PY in DC and some of the other shows he is doing?

Back
Top Bottom