Gofuku, Japan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, none of my top ten artists are women. I'm clearly just perpetuating the Western patriarchy with my imperial gaze and I need to have my musical discourse destabilised. :(

Guys, none of my top ten artists are women. I'm clearly just perpetuating the Western patriarchy with my imperial gaze and I need to have my musical discourse destabilised. :(

I couple probably name 100 male fronted bands that I like better than anything female fronted. :shrug:

"Moreover, you're a fucking idiot who needs to get his head out of his ass."

I used to dislike solo females, but now I think there'd be at least 2 in my top 10 - if I were inclined to do a top 10.

Just call me Bonnie, I hate my screenname. It makes people think that I'm actually a punk, when I just stole it from a Pixies song. :up:

You really should get your username changed to Inthistowntastic. It makes so much sense. That is, if such things were allowed here...for everyone.

I used to dislike solo females, but now I think there'd be at least 2 in my top 10 - if I were inclined to do a top 10.

Oh, actually, I just realised, there is a woman in my top ten! Chloe, vocalist/bassist for Pure Reason Revolution. I'm tearing down the walls of the patriarchy and embracing the feminine mystique!

But it just seems men are far more active in the genres I listen to in the first place.

You really should get your username changed to Inthistowntastic. It makes so much sense. That is, if such things were allowed here...for everyone.

I agree with this. It'd be a rockin' screen name.

See you later, Bonnie! And hey, Kim! :wave:

Just call me Bonnie, I hate my screenname. It makes people think that I'm actually a punk, when I just stole it from a Pixies song. :up:

Bonnie it is. I've called you Punk a lot... I think it was because I never know if people get irritated if you address them by their real names online when they may feel you don't know them well enough to be so familiar. Ya know? And by people I meant you, and by you I meant me.
:shifty:

Oh, actually, I just realised, there is a woman in my top ten! Chloe, vocalist/bassist for Pure Reason Revolution. I'm tearing down the walls of the patriarchy and embracing the feminine mystique!

But it just seems men are far more active in the genres I listen to in the first place.

Well, Smashing Pumpkins are probably in my top 25 and they had a female bassist on their good albums.

I think it was because I never know if people get irritated if you address them by their real names online when they may feel you don't know them well enough to be so familiar. Ya know?

I love being called Traiiux, Traviud, and so on. It's the perfect mixture of friendly nickname and my actual name. Plus, it stemmed from Axver drunkposting. That's more unusual than someone catching lightning in a bottle.

Gonna go up and get some booze. I'm a bad driver so this might be the end. See you in the next life, crew! :wave:

Later, Bonnie!

I think I have 3, on further pondering. Possibly a lot more, actually. My original point may have been that I used to dislike female soloists, equating them with Whitney, Celine and Mariah, etc, when there's so much more on offer. Natalie Merchant, Tori Amos, Suzanne Vega.. Maybe it's an era thing. When I declared women on their own sucked balls it might have been because the pickings were so slim.
:hmm:

I love being called Traiiux, Traviud, and so on. It's the perfect mixture of friendly nickname and my actual name. Plus, it stemmed from Axver drunkposting. That's more unusual than someone catching lightning in a bottle.

If you're ever online when I get turpsed, you'll end up with even more variations. I don't know if there's anyone I know on a conversational basis who gets their real name. Even my parents are not mum and dad, but Homie and Vaughn and their names are not Homie/Homer or Vaughn.

:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom