Go Horsie!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WAR EMBLEM!

Itd be perfect if it happened!
We have no living Triple Crown winners for the first time in many many years. We need this!
Itd be like Fate, a fitting tribute to Seattle Slew.
And a legacy continued for Man O War!
We're gonna be glued to the TV all day!

I'm praying for his win,lol! If he does it, no joke, i'm gonna be litterally crying - just bawling - my eyes out!
Itll be SO emotional for me, i've never seen a Triple Crown winner, i'd lost hope that there will ever be another.
He renews my hope, and win or lose, he is still the first Great horse we've had in a longtime!

He's OUR Man O War :heart:

Go horsie indeed.
Please come back and give a description of the race.
You described him in the other thread I think. I must go find it. A black thoroughbred?
Funny to see a horse topic today. I got a big hug from my cowgirl friend's grandmother yesterday. It's good sometimes to take the time to say "good on you " to people. Everyone wins.They are still fundraising for her trip to Texas.

GO War Emblem....U little beauty:)

Blaaaaah. Well, he didn't win. But it was an exciting race. War Emblem broke very badly. They showed the replay and he almost fell down coming out of the gate, literally, he went on his knees for a moment. It was scary to look at, though I didn't see it happening at the time. He made a strong move around the two-thirds point but then he totally faded and finished eighth. In fact, everyone faded except the two horses who battled to the end, Sarava and Medaglia d'Oro. It was a close finish and Sarava won. They were saying it was the biggest upset in Belmont history because Sarava was one of the longest shots in the field. Well done for him, but it's a pity. I dunno, I don't think I will every be a true horse racing person. There's too much I don't like about it and I spend a lot of time worrying about the welfare of the horses and hoping no one breaks their leg. Proud Citizen did get taken off in an ambulance but apparently it was just precautionary because he had a bit of swelling and he should be ok.

THIS SUCKS!

I guess its just an impssible feat for todays racehorses. There is just no real greatness left, it wouldve been almost perfect if he had won, but i guess everything just has to click and be totally perfect or there will not be a Triple Crown winner. :(
It is fate, and for some reason, we just cant have one.
He's still an almost great horse though! The best ive seen in a longtime.
As for the welfare of the horses, yeah, i agree with you. My friend wanted to be a jockey till she saw how corrupt the business is. She has a horror story to tell...
Anyway, modern racehorses are too weak. They have too little stamina. In the old days, horses were so strong many of them could run all day. And run frequently.
Oh well, at least i dont have to cry now! Gives me a terrible headache :D

btw, Surava payed $140!!!! :eek:

As a native Kentuckian, I have to say that I have grown up with horse racing and have always found it both thrilling and frightening to watch. I must admit that this is the first horse I have ever followed a horse from the Derby all the way to the Belmont. I really thought he had potential, and admittedly it would have been nice to have a new Triple Crown winner, but oh well. Perhaps we can blame the decline in thoroughbred racing competecy on insest or something like that. Even so, I love watching horses run. I love riding horses. Unfortunately they were not created as one of the most sturdy animals, but that makes their power so magical. Maybe this will teach Baffert a lesson and make himtrain his next Triple Crown comptetitor for all the ups an downs f racing.

And now for something completely different..........
It's just not football.............

Turned the computer on and found this as the background on June 22nd. Hub put it there, and I asked why....cause it's half a year until we can see Lord of The Rings Part 2:D

Beautiful light.
Go Horsie.....I want to find a pic of Shadowfax now.

Attachments

• gandalf&horse.jpg
    gandalf&horse.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 22
well, I didn't find a very good painting of THE Shadowfax using Google, but I did find this.

www.cobras.org/shadow.htm
Pure black, beautiful. I just briefly looked at the site. It seems his owner is involved with the fire department in Colorado. I hope they get good soaking rain soon.

I have a pic of an albino horse I had the loan of for a while. I'll have to scan it asap. He was lovely, ablue-eyed horse, but his muzzle was so pink and easily sun-burned, I felt sorry for him and his soft feet. Gentle giant, Lightening.

I found this one too......Vamos Diablo. I loved that horse.

Attachments

• cisco.jpg
    cisco.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom