GNR Tour Cancelled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
one of the local dj's was at the Philly show were that riot took place. they played the audio this morning on the morning show and it was crazy. he was giving the blow by blow coverage. you could hear all the people screaming and crap like that. that is a shame that this concert sparked a senseless riot. :der:

what happened?

On the weekend here in Oz, my favourite TV show RAGE played Pearl Jam, RATM, Sound Garden, Audioslave , Midnight Oil and Guns n Roses film clips all night. I woke up about 3 am and started taping and caught the GNR set. I lost it at one stage, I was bopping around mum's lounge room with headphones and no sound in the room and then realised she has lace curtains. I seriously hope no one was watching. Paradise City really got me going. I'd forgotten about Axl's perm-phase..egad!!
My neice was a HUGE Axl fan back in the day..she lived in Doc Martins and what I affectionately call " Axl Rose bike shorts" Those were the days...she got to see them at the Big Day Out in Sydney.
I left the tape run and collected the whole Midnight Oil set and the tape just ran out as my new fave artist , Daniel Johns sang his beautiful song...he is so complex and sweet and talented.

What a shame for the GNR fans who missed out. They are a fond part of my musical memory. My bro-in -law once told me to "SHUDDUP!!" something he had never done before( it musta been bad) I'll never forget that. I was singing along to Sweet Child O' Mine with the headphones on. I haven't forgotten..I hope he has:eeklaugh:

the grass is green and the girls are pretty...........

i wish i could have seen GNR once in concert. i liked them alot. its too bad they cancelled the tour. its too bad riots had to go and spoil the whole thing.:tsk:

Ok, I apparently live under a rock. What happened?
I'm glad I got to see then in boston last week, even if I left early because they went on so damn late. :mad:

She ls Raging said:
Ok, I apparently live under a rock. What happened?
I'm glad I got to see then in boston last week, even if I left early because they went on so damn late. :mad:

I've heard everything from "bandmember illness" to "couldn't catch their plane in time," to whatever.

Who knows. Maybe Axl had the trots. :rolleyes:

Either way, I can't see them ever having a formidable career opportunity like this tour was, again.

Don't know if its true or not but an LA radio station said yesterday morning that Axl was checking himself into a psychiatric hospital.

Bono's American Wife said:
Don't know if its true or not but an LA radio station said yesterday morning that Axl was checking himself into a psychiatric hospital.

Wow. If that's true, I hope he gets the help he needs for whatever the problem might be.

Back
Top Bottom