Gnaw Bone, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still can't find my smokes. If I'm driving to Rotorua tomorrow I'm going to want them.

I won't call people out on most bad habits, because we all know I have my vices, but: fuck the smokes.

Apologies if it's already been discussed to death, but I'm too lazy to look. What would be your dream Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary Tour setlist? I have two different ideas that I'd do were I in the band. Night One and Night Two if you will. Night One would be to play the hits and The Joshua Tree in full. Night Two would be to pretend they're on the original Joshua Tree tour and not play anything that was written after the sessions for that album.

So. Bored. Sorry guys.

NIGHT ONE:
01. Desire (full band including Rock and Roll Star and Edge Shredding)
02. Even Better Than The Real Thing (drums played as they were for All Along The Watchtower)
03. Vertigo/Let Me In The Sound
04. Discotheque OR Last Night On Earth
05. Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me (strings section transforms into the outro from album All I Want Is You)
06. All I Want Is You
SHORT INTERMISSION
07. Mothers Of The Disappeared (full band, no glitchy loops, sparse as fuck)
08. Exit (no Gloria outro but jam on the ending when it's huge)
09. One Tree Hill
10. Trip Through Your Wires (no harmonica)
11. In God's Country
12. Red Hill Mining Town
13. Running To Stand Still (ZooTV style)
14. Bullet The Blue Sky
15. Until The End Of The World OR Raised By Wolves
16. New Year's Day OR Sunday Bloody Sunday
17. Beautiful Day OR One (some reimagined version with different chord voicings and syncopation)
18. Every Breaking Wave OR Sleep Like A Baby
19. Moment Of Surrender
20. Love Is Blindness
INTERMISSION
20. With Or Without You
21. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
22. Where The Streets Have No Name
23. 40

NIGHT TWO:
01. Gloria
02. 11 O' Clock Tick Tock OR The Electric Co
03. Out Of Control OR I Will Follow
04. Pride
05. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
06. Trip Through Your Wires
07. One Tree Hill
08. A Sort Of Homecoming
09. Surrender OR The Unforgettable Fire
10. Exit
11. Bullet The Blue Sky
12. Running To Stand Still
13. Sunday Bloody Sunday OR Like A Song
14. Tomorrow (full band, but starts with just Bono and a Rhodes) OR Drowning Man
15. Red Hill Mining Town
16. In God's Country
17. MLK OR Promenade
18. Bad
INTERMISSION
19. Mothers Of The Disappeared (reimagined like RTSS on ZooTV)
20. One Tree Hill
21. With Or Without You
22. Where The Streets Have No Name
23. 40

Last edited:
Lol for me they're a reason for me to get out and have a quick walk around rather than getting obsessed on doing a trip in a possibly poorly decided straight shot.

I'll probably go through 1, maybe 2 over the day.

I hear you but I stand behind what I said.

Apologies if it's already been discussed to death, but I'm too lazy to look. What would be your dream Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary Tour setlist? I have two different ideas that I'd do were I in the band. Night One and Night Two if you will. Night One would be to play the hits and The Joshua Tree in full. Night Two would be to pretend they're on the original Joshua Tree tour and not play anything that was written after the sessions for that album.

I could definitely enjoy the shit out of both of these. Interesting that even on "JT in full" night one you broke it up with some hits after Bullet, though the choices would largely work (I don't think MOS works in stadiums and that it was a poor closer on 360).

I posted a "realistic unrealistic" set here: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f324/your-ideal-jt30-setlist-220674.html

Alright yeah won't need the smokes now. It isn't a round trip tomorrow, down tomorrow morning, back when I feel like it on Sunday. That's a lot less stressful and now I don't mind going it in one straight shot.

The lake does enough smoking in Rotorua for you anyway.

Make sure to give my regards to the Huntly Deka sign though.

Okay, put my girlfriend's address on my car's GPS.

As in on a post-it tacked to the screen as the GPS/radio is all Japanese and I'm just not even a chance. I'll pull over and put it into Google Maps when I get into Vegas lol.

Heh one of my flatmates suggested someone was using their facewash (ps petty?)

Given it's Clean and Clear, I can assure I'm innocent. If I was using it I wouldn't have a rather noticeable whitehead by my nose :lol:

I won't call people out on most bad habits, because we all know I have my vices, but: fuck the smokes.
agreed. i do vape though, but i'm even more annoying because i use 0 mg nicotine juice, so it serves little purpose. it helps when i'm stressed out, which between grad school (seriously, fuck this semester) and work is pretty often.

I must admit, the pompous bastard in me would love somebody to buy me a pipe.

I'd probably just smoke weed in it.

I woke up really early too (before 5), but went back to bed after a couple of hours.

In the last couple of hours we've gotten the new bed support put together. It was slightly exhausting, but hey, now I can collapse into the bed without it going creeeeaaaak like it's about to break every time.

I've fallen into a bad sleeping habit at the moment, often getting to work around 11am. Everybody thinks I'm just lazy and enjoying this quiet spot before I take up the new job, but what those fuckers don't realise is that when they all piss off around 5pm, I'm still going to put in a good two hours at the office. My sleeping patterns may suck but my work ethic still lurks inside me somewhere.

Right now my school schedule has my first class at 12:30 PM and 8AM alternate days. I try to make myself get up early even on the days when I have to be there late, just so that I am able to get up early without trouble on the days I HAVE to.

My boyfriend works overnights, so we don't get to sleep together in the bed very often. I've gotten into a bad habit of taking an afternoon nap a few times a week just for the snuggles.

These days I basically make a choice each day. I will either have coffee or a nap. It is always one or the other.

Yeah schedules with really different start times like that can be a real pain. I did a similar thing a couple of semesters ago when I was basically just taking the tutes that didn't suit the other tutors' schedules, which meant my times were scattered all over the place. Much as it was very tempting to sleep in some mornings...

Speaking of which, I can't wait for a good sleep-in tomorrow.

I remember when I was up at 5:45am by choice when I was 17. I was nuts.

Back
Top Bottom