Glad I wasnt at this, yikes:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
Tiger Mauls Magician Roy Horn in Las Vegas Show
Sat Oct 4, 7:09 AM ET Add Entertainment - Reuters to My Yahoo!

LAS VEGAS (Reuters) - A white tiger mauled famed Las Vegas illusionist Roy Horn during a performance by the "Siegfried and Roy" duo on Friday night, seriously injuring the magician on his 59th birthday.

Witnesses at the scene said the tiger, named Montecore, grabbed Horn's forearm. The magician hit him with his microphone and the tiger then lunged and bit him on the left side of the neck, causing profuse blood loss.

Horn was rushed to the University Medical Center, which said later he was out of surgery but still in critical condition.

The show has been canceled until further notice and the tiger, which was performing for the first time, is being quarantined at the hotel.

"The last place Roy would place blame would be with the animal," said Bernie Yuman, manager for "Siegfried and Roy."

White tigers and lions are a trademark of the German-born illusionists, who have been putting on one of the most famous shows in Las Vegas for 30 years.

Horn's partner in the show is Siegfried Fischbacher, 64.

This picture is too good not to post.

lthumb.sge.lfw01.041003175351.photo00.default-288x355.jpg

my local las vegas newspaper reports roy bashing the animal over the head repeatedly with the mic, causing very loud reverberations throughout the auditorium. i have no doubt that this must have terrified the animal. i probably would have bitten old roy, too. also, it was not the animal's first time onstage. it had been performing since it was six months old.

bonosgirl84 said:
my local las vegas newspaper reports roy bashing the animal over the head repeatedly with the mic, causing very loud reverberations throughout the auditorium. i have no doubt that this must have terrified the animal. i probably would have bitten old roy, too. also, it was not the animal's first time onstage. it had been performing since it was six months old.

didnt he start using the mic to bash him AFTER he was attacked? so i wouldnt think this would be the cause of the attack

the tiger only had him by the arm when roy bashed him.

i wonder if they had ever discussed the possibilty of being bitten. do you suppose that the best solution they could come up with was, "gee. i don't know...if one ever bites you, just bash it."

surely there must have been someone in the wings who could have pulled the tiger off of his arm.

exotic animals are not actors. :down:

:yikes:

i saw the Siegfried and Roy show a few years ago in vegas. the tigers really are beautiful animals. i think the work they are doing to help preserve the endangered tigers is great, and they are amazing creatures, but i also agree that they shouldn't be used as entertainment.

any time you work with wild animals in a show like that there's always a risk of injury. i'm sure they knew that.

i hope Roy will be ok.

Bono's American Wife said:
Animals should not be used as entertainment. :down:
I agree, I saw a guy at the circus get attacked by a tiger when I was about 8 - I still remember it - from that day onwards I have refused to see anything that involves wild animals being made to do tricks - it is un natural and cruel - no wonder the animals get pissed off from time to time and attack - wouldn't you???:mad:

I agree tigers and any animals shouldn't be used in entertainment. In Roy's defense though, I'm sure fear kicked well and truly in and he did it without a great deal of thought as to the ramifications.
Kinda backs up the thought that animals shouldn't be used for entertainment...
I hope the tiger is not destroyed as a result and Roy is ok.

Angela Harlem said:

I hope the tiger is not destroyed as a result and Roy is ok.

i don't think they'd destroy an animal that is an endangered species like that?

mandy1973 said:

I agree, I saw a guy at the circus get attacked by a tiger when I was about 8 - I still remember it - from that day onwards I have refused to see anything that involves wild animals being made to do tricks - it is un natural and cruel - no wonder the animals get pissed off from time to time and attack - wouldn't you???:mad:

About 10 years ago, my husband and I took our sons to a faily well known circus and we witnessed a so called "animal trainer" beating a lion with a broom though the bars in the lion cage. That really opened my eyes to what goes on with these poor animals.

What REALLY did it for me though was walking through a mall at the California/Nevada border and seeing a store where a bunch of sick looking, malnourished tigers were being kept in glass enclosures so people could pay to have their pictures taken with them. Tigers...IN A MALL :mad: :down:

They had everything from babies to old, sickly looking cats and the poor things were being kept indoors under florescents lights. Terrible. Sad to say, but I was secretly wishing the poor tigers would rebel and bite the idiots keeping them there.

the shocking video of this incident has finally be released

if you are squimish, please dont scroll down

Roytiger.gif

Back
Top Bottom