girls, I's got a question for you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Malone

The Fly
let's say - hypothetical situation - that some guy had two tickets to go see a "music show"
let's carry this hypothetical situation further and suppose the guy calls a hypothetical girl and say's something to the effect of, "hey, I'm going to go see so and so next week and I have an extra ticket. would you like to go?"

is that basically asking a girl out? will she take it as such? because, she must be thinking, "well, either this guy has no friends or he purposely bought a ticket so he could ask me"
what do you think of that whole hypothetical scenario?

like...what's the deal with that?

mm?

if it is just going to a show, then that's just hanging out. now if you end up picking her up and taking her out for dinner first, then yes, that would be a date.

also, if you bought the ticket because it's one of her favorite bands, then your busted .. you like her! :heart:

Too ambiguous. It could be a date, or it could be that he really just has an extra ticket and thought you might enjoy seeing the performance. You'd have to ask to find out, or just go and see what happens. Either way, the answer should be clear by the end of the night.

Depends on the relationship you already have with her. If you're friends that share the same interest in music it wouldn't seem as much like a date.

If it's more out of the blue then it would sound like you're asking her out.

Most people buy more than one ticket to a concert assuming they'll find someone to go with. So I wouldn't think too much of him having a spare.

This is interesting to me 'cos i was friends with this really nice guy a while back&he said he had bought 2 tickets for Tori Amos and he knew i really liked her, so he happen to mention it but he did say he did originally planned on taking his brother for his birthday but he said you can go if you really want to but i never did go and just never mentioned it again! :sigh: Everything was still cool between us afterwards tho' but it seems strange that someone would say that if it was meant for their brother?! :shrug: :confused:

Malone if that happened to me I'd be out buying the engagement ring before you'd even put the phone down.

Seriously though, redKat's right. It all depends on the relationship you already have with the other person.

Susan that does seem really, really weird. :huh:

Hi Quiet1 :wave: haven't seen you in a little while (pardon the pun! :lol: )

But you are right, it is weird but it really baffles me&makes me wonder did he fancy me or did he just think - well, she's really into Tori or whattever? I was never really sure how he thought of me but he must have liked me to offer the Tori ticket but i think it was just that i thought i can't take what's meant for some guy's birthday :huh: even tho' i hadn't seen her before, but i did get to see her finally last year! :love: :D

I'm a guy and I've known other guys who have said that because they wanted to ask the girl out. Believe me, he doesn't just have an extra ticket. There's more to it than that.

clifedge said:
I'm a guy and I've known other guys who have said that because they wanted to ask the girl out. Believe me, he doesn't just have an extra ticket. There's more to it than that.
Quite right. Guys and platonic intentions go together like chocolate and urine.

I was in a similar situation once with some U2 tickets. I didn't really consider it "asking her out" in the dating sense. I don't think she did either. Though all my friends and my Mom did...:shrug:

Canadiens1160 said:
Quite right. Guys and platonic intentions go together like chocolate and urine.

Amen to that!!:lol:
I have never been asked on a friendly date nor have I known a guy to want to spend time alone with a gal and just be "friends".

Maone - An alter is an alternative username a person has that they use here for different reasons! :wink:

ah, cool

anyway, hypothetically, if this scenario were to have played out, the guy would have heard said girl talking about hanging out with an girlfriend she hasn't seen in a while on the same night as the concert; the guy then chose not to even waste his time asking, since he knew she would be unavailable.

some hypothetical guys just can't catch a break
it's hypothetically dying alone for that poor guy

Carmelu2fan said:

Amen to that!!:lol:
I have never been asked on a friendly date nor have I known a guy to want to spend time alone with a gal and just be "friends".

Eh i ask my female friends out all the time, yes and that includes do you want to come over at 12 at night to watch a movie or something, or to go on walks or just out in general with them, and i don't fancy them...perfectly platonic:wink:

Aha......the key here is "some guy"......

some guy you never met
someone you already know
someone you are hoping to know

the second clue is......"why"

why does he have 2 tickets?
were they given to him?
did he buy them on eBay as a duo?
did he buy them with a motive in mind?

third point to ponder...

are the tickets for a U2 concert?
are the tickets of any interest to you?
would you just tag along because you felt obligated?

----------------
:eyebrow:

PS: Let us know what you decide......................:wink:

Back
Top Bottom