Girls & Boys & Communist Sun God Worshippers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bonosi5.jpg

Bono wants peace; we must obey him and his awful taste in clothes :wink:

No one knocks Bono in this thread! Ever!

The Amy Winehouse stuff just gets me in general. She's like the one female artist in music (barring patti smith :wink: ) who doesn't pander to the whole image thing. She looks like how she wants to look, not what looks 'the most fuckable' and I respect that. And she goes out and gets wasted, of course she's going to look awful! Don't we all?! But it's great when men do that, isn't it? Ridiculous.

... Bono looks daft in that picture, but that doesn't make people hate him does it? The levels of hate I experienced at V this year for Amy Winehouse was awful. People shouting out just DISGUSTING things based on what she looks like. Bah :down:

Ok ok... the shoes and the tie are just... wrong.

There, happy? :wink:

I saw that picture in a thread on a Verve forum which was a U2 was The Verve thing, it made me laugh. They started arguing what was worse, Bono's outfit or Richard Ashcroft's red suit

I saw that picture in a thread on a Verve forum which was a U2 was The Verve thing, it made me laugh. They started arguing what was worse, Bono's outfit or Richard Ashcroft's red suit

Anything Richard Ashcroft wears is :drool: worthy... he's one of my exceptions :shifty:

The Amy Winehouse stuff just gets me in general. She's like the one female artist in music (barring patti smith :wink: ) who doesn't pander to the whole image thing. She looks like how she wants to look, not what looks 'the most fuckable' and I respect that. And she goes out and gets wasted, of course she's going to look awful! Don't we all?! But it's great when men do that, isn't it? Ridiculous.

... Bono looks daft in that picture, but that doesn't make people hate him does it? The levels of hate I experienced at V this year for Amy Winehouse was awful. People shouting out just DISGUSTING things based on what she looks like. Bah :down:

Hey don't forget Amanda Palmer; I don't know what she panders to but she does it really well :lol:

The only reason so many Amy pictures get used is because she is the biggest name in music, any bad picture of her will sell millions of papers

... Bono looks daft in that picture, but that doesn't make people hate him does it? The levels of hate I experienced at V this year was awful. People shouting out just DISGUSTING things based on what she looks like. Bah :down:

I think no one will remember how she looked in the future but people will still love her music. Your experience at V sounds terrible. That's uncalled for. :down: You can bash her but let her have her art and others share in it.

I find it hard to judge that Zee, because I love the man indiscriminately and his appearance matters very little :up:

I think no one will remember how she looked in the future but people will still love her music. Your experience at V sounds terrible. That's uncalled for. :down: You can bash her but let her have her art and others share in it.

:yes: But that's just the feminist thing, isn't it, women will never escape that expectation that they're supposed to just look pretty for men. In whatever we do. It's so god damn frustrating :|

Hey don't forget Amanda Palmer; I don't know what she panders to but she does it really well :lol:

The only reason so many Amy pictures get used is because she is the biggest name in music, any bad picture of her will sell millions of papers

Did you hear recently about her record company asking her to drop shots out of the Leeds United video because she looked to 'fat' in some of them?! Read that the other day, totally forgot about it. As if Amanda Palmer is fat! And as if any of her fans would care anyway! They're MUSIC fans :eyeroll:

I find it hard to judge that Zee, because I love the man indiscriminately and his appearance matters very little :up:

Yeah that's how I feel too - no matter what he looks like, I'll still love him. But in regards to Amy Winehouse, I do not know her as well as I do Bono ( as a fan I mean!); I've only seen her pics, that's it.

Hey Cassie :wave:

One thing that can be said about Amy is that although she looks bad, she looks like herself. Unlike those other pop stars who dress awful and look terrible despite spending millions on their wardrobe.

Emma do you have VH1? There's an Amy concert on now

:yes: But that's just the feminist thing, isn't it, women will never escape that expectation that they're supposed to just look pretty for men. In whatever we do. It's so god damn frustrating :|

One interesting fact though I've noticed: Women look at each other's breasts A LOT MORE than men look at us.

Did you hear recently about her record company asking her to drop shots out of the Leeds United video because she looked to 'fat' in some of them?! Read that the other day, totally forgot about it. As if Amanda Palmer is fat! And as if any of her fans would care anyway! They're MUSIC fans :eyeroll:

Her fans have started the Rebellyon, were they send pictures of there bellies to Roadrunner

slipknot-02.jpg

I vote these guys get a make-over before Amanda though, they need it much more :wink:

It is a real shame. Women deserve SO much better than that pathetic expectation. Fashion and beauty are things lost in time but art isn't. Amy will have the last laugh.

John told me about that. Ridiculous. :down: Amanda has been doing yoga for years and seems like someone who takes great care of her body! Live I said, art lives on where tiny things like this don't.

It is a real shame. Women deserve SO much better than that pathetic expectation. Fashion and beauty are things lost in time but art isn't. Amy will have the last laugh.

John told me about that. Ridiculous. :down: Amanda has been doing yoga for years and seems like someone who takes great care of her body! Live I said, art lives on where tiny things like this don't.

I hope so :up:

Hey Cassie :wave:

One thing that can be said about Amy is that although she looks bad, she looks like herself. Unlike those other pop stars who dress awful and look terrible despite spending millions on their wardrobe.

Emma do you have VH1? There's an Amy concert on now

I do have VH1, and I'll be running off to watch that now :wink:

She has some personality, which I think is cool, and I really do love her music. I just don't see why her appearance should come into anything really :shrug:

Yeah that's how I feel too - no matter what he looks like, I'll still love him. But in regards to Amy Winehouse, I do not know her as well as I do Bono ( as a fan I mean!); I've only seen her pics, that's it.

I just find it weird how people expect someone in the media to look amazing, and all of the time. Yeah, some people (i.e. models) are paid to do that but apart from them... should everyone go to great extremes to look like society's idea of 'beautiful' all of the time? :huh: Is it not a little facist?

Man I HATE the image obsessed age we live in :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom