"Gimme Sympathy" CSGWs! (Creepers Unite Edition)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so annoying, this guy needs to label diagrams better, I think I understand but...what you wrote could mean two things! :scream:

Someone tell me if the way I understood this makes sense

When wages in a Unionised sector of an economy increase, the numbers employed in that sector decrease, this leads to the non-unionised sector being flooded with more people thus driving down the wage rate but increasing the numbers employed in that sector. However if there is a minimum wage law and the non-unionised sector can't cut wages then the number employed in that sector remain constant but the number employed in the unionised sector still decreases, leading to increased unemployment

yeah, about the hip-hop I can understand that, that I can :wink:. As for Okkervil, Travis told me I should've posted them in the "Bands I used to listen to" thread to see how much controversy that brought about. I mean. Honestly, I REALLY loved them for a while there, but...I can hardly stand them these days.

My biggest problem is that I can not find an example of a set of office furniture from the 80s. The set i'm doing is the psychiatrists office, and I'm just trying but the best I can do is some mix-match stuff. That's sorta ok though, because in film, if you at least find sorta what you want, you have the means of which to paint it, refabric it, or whatever is necessary to make it look the way you want. But that requires me finding an example of the fabric I WANT to use, and we're back to square one :banghead:. IF I could just get all the materials together, this would pretty much all come together. Writing about the office would be Heaven right about now :lol:

Ben Harper and...oh what is there name...It'll come to me...they will always be "Those Quiznos People" --THE DANDY WARHOLS. I told you it would come to me.

:lol: Actually, that could cause quite the amusing uproar in B&C. :hmm:

Man, that sounds like a real pain. :lol: I've never enjoyed making stuff like that though, I'm a far better paper writer. :wink: So, how big does this set have to be? :lol: Yeah, I'm actually kind of looking forward to that paper, since the Office is my absolute favorite show. :D

:laugh: Luckily, I've never been into the Dandy Warhols, so I don't have to talk about how awesome they are. :wink:

Someone tell me if the way I understood this makes sense

When wages in a Unionised sector of an economy increase, the numbers employed in that sector decrease, this leads to the non-unionised sector being flooded with more people thus driving down the wage rate but increasing the numbers employed in that sector. However if there is a minimum wage law and the non-unionised sector can't cut wages then the number employed in that sector remain constant but the number employed in the unionised sector still decreases, leading to increased unemployment

That makes sense...how did you understand it though?

:lol: Actually, that could cause quite the amusing uproar in B&C. :hmm:

Man, that sounds like a real pain. :lol: I've never enjoyed making stuff like that though, I'm a far better paper writer. :wink: So, how big does this set have to be? :lol: Yeah, I'm actually kind of looking forward to that paper, since the Office is my absolute favorite show. :D

:laugh: Luckily, I've never been into the Dandy Warhols, so I don't have to talk about how awesome they are. :wink:

Yeah, I almost did it, but, I'm a love not a fighter :lol:

It really is. I'm honestly getting a headache now because i'm just not finding anything. papers are my forte, fact. The set is going to be about half the size of a shoebox, I suspect. The office, I need to get more into that show, I've really begun to enjoy it.

The Dandy Warhols are actually pretty good, honestly. They're a crazy band, I don't think any two songs of theirs are the same genre, but the ONE song, their "big hit" drives me up the wall.

:lol: No I'm looking at my notes and I'm probably going to be fine. Thanks though. :)

Yeah, no problem. Until this year I was a double major; Film and History. I took a lot of classes on Early Modern Europe, so really, if you need help...

Yeah, I almost did it, but, I'm a love not a fighter :lol:

It really is. I'm honestly getting a headache now because i'm just not finding anything. papers are my forte, fact. The set is going to be about half the size of a shoebox, I suspect. The office, I need to get more into that show, I've really begun to enjoy it.

The Dandy Warhols are actually pretty good, honestly. They're a crazy band, I don't think any two songs of theirs are the same genre, but the ONE song, their "big hit" drives me up the wall.

:hi5: Go paper writers! :lol: That's very tiny, I don't think I'd have the patience to make itty bitty furniture pieces. :lol:

:yes: You should definitely get into the Office. It's the only show where I think I've seen every episode several times, and there's still parts in each that I forget about, and so, I can watch them over and over, and they're still hilarious. :up:

:hmm: Intriguing. Which album would be a good place to start, in your opinion?

:hi5: Go paper writers! :lol: That's very tiny, I don't think I'd have the patience to make itty bitty furniture pieces. :lol:

:yes: You should definitely get into the Office. It's the only show where I think I've seen every episode several times, and there's still parts in each that I forget about, and so, I can watch them over and over, and they're still hilarious. :up:

:hmm: Intriguing. Which album would be a good place to start, in your opinion?

Well THAT is the good news, I don't actually have to "build" the set. I just have to draw the furniture to scale on the walls :lmao:

What I've discovered over time is that i like individual segments of the Office over the show as a whole.

I've only heard one album (and I only heard it once) "Thirteen Tales from Urban Bohemia". It has the song "Bohemian Like You" on it, which you might know. It was decent, I admit, though I still hate BLY

Yeah, no problem. Until this year I was a double major; Film and History. I took a lot of classes on Early Modern Europe, so really, if you need help...

:up: that's really cool, my exam's on Thursday, if I need any help i'll holla at yo.

Well THAT is the good news, I don't actually have to "build" the set. I just have to draw the furniture to scale on the walls :lmao:

What I've discovered over time is that i like individual segments of the Office over the show as a whole.

I've only heard one album (and I only heard it once) "Thirteen Tales from Urban Bohemia". It has the song "Bohemian Like You" on it, which you might know. It was decent, I admit, though I still hate BLY

Oh! Well, that IS good then. :lol: Much less difficult sounding than building it all. But, you still have to have the fabric and stuff on them? If I'm understanding it correctly...:lol:

Yeah, I love it as a whole, but I can see where you'd feel that way. Some of the stuff is hard to get into.

:up: Good to know, I'll get around to it eventually, I'm sure, whenever my massive list of albums to listen to dwindles a bit. :lol:

:up: that's really cool, my exam's on Thursday, if I need any help i'll holla at yo.

Not a problem ;)

Oh! Well, that IS good then. :lol: Much less difficult sounding than building it all. But, you still have to have the fabric and stuff on them? If I'm understanding it correctly...:lol:

Yeah, I love it as a whole, but I can see where you'd feel that way. Some of the stuff is hard to get into.

:up: Good to know, I'll get around to it eventually, I'm sure, whenever my massive list of albums to listen to dwindles a bit. :lol:

No, I'm not explaining this well, lol. What I need to do is make a Production Notebook, and in it, I have to have examples of fabric, paint, carpeting, etc, that would be used on the set. The idea of the production notebook, and the model, is that someone who has no idea what I want the set to look like, could pick up these two things and build it without me there.

I tend very much to like the short bits right before the show starts, the most.

Exactly, I wouldn't rush it myself :lol:

No, I'm not explaining this well, lol. What I need to do is make a Production Notebook, and in it, I have to have examples of fabric, paint, carpeting, etc, that would be used on the set. The idea of the production notebook, and the model, is that someone who has no idea what I want the set to look like, could pick up these two things and build it without me there.

I tend very much to like the short bits right before the show starts, the most.

Exactly, I wouldn't rush it myself :lol:

Ohhhhhh, okay, got it. :up:

The cold opens? They're the best! :yes:

:lol: That doesn't give me much faith in the album. :wink:

Ohhhhhh, okay, got it. :up:

The cold opens? They're the best! :yes:

:lol: That doesn't give me much faith in the album. :wink:

Yeah...I'm scouring Craigslist right now.

Yes...The Fire Drill...oh.my.God. The Fire Drill.

:lol:, Yeah, I know. I just hate that one song so much. But I do recall really liking the rest of it. I heard it sometime last school year while I was building a set actually.

Yeah...I'm scouring Craigslist right now.

Yes...The Fire Drill...oh.my.God. The Fire Drill.

:lol:, Yeah, I know. I just hate that one song so much. But I do recall really liking the rest of it. I heard it sometime last school year while I was building a set actually.

:lmao: OMFG! The Fire Drill!!! BEST COLD OPEN EVERRRRRRRR! :lol:

:lol: Okay, so just the one song is annoying...that makes me feel better about it. :up:

:lmao: OMFG! The Fire Drill!!! BEST COLD OPEN EVERRRRRRRR! :lol:

:lol: Okay, so just the one song is annoying...that makes me feel better about it. :up:

The Fire Drill was the funniest AND most disappointing thing ever. I don't know if I'll ever forgive them for advertising it and only it during the Super Bowl, making me think that was going to be the entire episode. That was SUCH a disappointing episode.

"Dear Lecturer

Less is not spelled as Lass, please stop doing this over and over and over again

Regards,
An annoyed student"

"Dear Lecturer

Less is not spelled as Lass, please stop doing this over and over and over again

Regards,
An annoyed student"

Please tell me MULTIPLE awkward occurrences have been the result of this frequent misspelling.

The Fire Drill was the funniest AND most disappointing thing ever. I don't know if I'll ever forgive them for advertising it and only it during the Super Bowl, making me think that was going to be the entire episode. That was SUCH a disappointing episode.

Oh man, really?? That's one of my favorite episodes of the entire series. It's soooo insane, and the fire drill starts it out perfectly. Dwight putting on the dummy's face like Silence of the Lambs? Brilliant. :lmao: The roast of Michael, with Pam's "If it were an iPod, it would be a Shuffle." Also fantastic. :lol: There were so many great one-liners in there. :up:

Oh man, really?? That's one of my favorite episodes of the entire series. It's soooo insane, and the fire drill starts it out perfectly. Dwight putting on the dummy's face like Silence of the Lambs? Brilliant. :lmao: The roast of Michael, with Pam's "If it were an iPod, it would be a Shuffle." Also fantastic. :lol: There were so many great one-liners in there. :up:

I didn't even get through the whole episode cause my uncle got bored and turned on a re-run of House :)love: ), but I heard the roast was brilliant :(.

I didn't even get through the whole episode cause my uncle got bored and turned on a re-run of House :)love: ), but I heard the roast was brilliant :(.

House :heart: Such a great show too! You should really watch the whole episode sometime, it's fantastic, especially the roast, which even Angela gets in on. :yes: :lol:

House :heart: Such a great show too! You should really watch the whole episode sometime, it's fantastic, especially the roast, which even Angela gets in on. :yes: :lol:

As soon as I'm done with school, you remind me, and I'll watch it :lol:

:lol: That's classy.

I'd like to think so. If I had a spare $50 I think I'd buy it :lmao:.

Ugh, this is frustrating, I found the desk I want, but there's no PICTURE or model number for me to try and track it down :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom