"Gimme Sympathy" CSGWs! (Creepers Unite Edition)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great I'm trying to start studying and the part of the college website with the past exam papers is offline, terr-if-ic

Meh! I've been up for four hours and haven't touched my homework

:lol: I'm debating whether to keep working on a paper about Okkervil River or start writing a paper about Talib Kweli and dead prez/revolutionary violence in hip-hop, but I don't really feel like doing either at the moment. I've only been up for an hour and a half though. What all do you have to do?

Great I'm trying to start studying and the part of the college website with the past exam papers is offline, terr-if-ic

:down:

Now you can spend all sorts of time chatting with the awesome CSGW group though. :wink:

:down:

Now you can spend all sorts of time chatting with the awesome CSGW group though. :wink:

Oh I'm sure the lecturer will understand or as he says "but whatever", a 60 year old saying whatever a lot sounds weird, but he does it. Then again his spelling and grammar are like a 12 year old's so...

How are you guys?

Oh man, that happened to me last semester.

:lol: I'm debating whether to keep working on a paper about Okkervil River or start writing a paper about Talib Kweli and dead prez/revolutionary violence in hip-hop, but I don't really feel like doing either at the moment. I've only been up for an hour and a half though. What all do you have to do?

Oh wow, what kind of class are you writing those papers for :ohmy:

I have to design a set for the movie Donnie Darko, it's not allowed to look like the original set, it has to be my own spin on it. I know what I want it to look like, the thing is I have to make this huge production book on it, and it's a pain in the ass because my friend and I have not yet gone to the Home Depot or Lowes or something to get fabric swatches and stuff to prove that the colors we're using or whatever exist. Also we have to buy foam core in order to build a model of the set. :crack:

Ben Harper's new album leaked today! :yippie: That makes my day a bit brighter. :D

Ben Harper :shudder:

Oh I'm sure the lecturer will understand or as he says "but whatever", a 60 year old saying whatever a lot sounds weird, but he does it. Then again his spelling and grammar are like a 12 year old's so...

How are you guys?

:lol: Old professors like that are hilarious...sometimes. I had one last year who was like 75 years old and could barely walk, but was up in front of the class swearing up a storm. He also couldn't really hold together a coherent thought anymore. Yay for tenure in the educational system! :wink:

I'm great, since that album leaked :D, and procrastinating always makes me feel good too, in the moment, until I realize I have to do stuff for real. :lol:

Oh man, that happened to me last semester.

Oh wow, what kind of class are you writing those papers for :ohmy:

I have to design a set for the movie Donnie Darko, it's not allowed to look like the original set, it has to be my own spin on it. I know what I want it to look like, the thing is I have to make this huge production book on it, and it's a pain in the ass because my friend and I have not yet gone to the Home Depot or Lowes or something to get fabric swatches and stuff to prove that the colors we're using or whatever exist. Also we have to buy foam core in order to build a model of the set. :crack:

Ben Harper :shudder:

The Okkervil River one is for an independent study project (I've been working on the damn thing for an entire semester...:lol: ) and the Talib Kweli one is for an introductory cultural studies class, where we're doing a hip-hop unit. :up:

Cool! What class is that for? Donnie Darko's an amazing movie. :yes:

:madwife: I've been through this with a couple friends of mine...Ben Harper's great. Jack Johnson sucks, and it's awful that Ben Harper discovered him, but listen to Both Sides of the Gun (the second disc specifically) and tell me that Ben Harper isn't an extremely talented musician. :wink: Plus, the dude plays a pedal steel guitar! Like two people do that and do it well. :lol:

She wore an itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka dot bikini....... :dance:

:laugh: :wave: How's it going?

The Okkervil River one is for an independent study project (I've been working on the damn thing for an entire semester...:lol: ) and the Talib Kweli one is for an introductory cultural studies class, where we're doing a hip-hop unit. :up:

Cool! What class is that for? Donnie Darko's an amazing movie. :yes:

:madwife: I've been through this with a couple friends of mine...Ben Harper's great. Jack Johnson sucks, and it's awful that Ben Harper discovered him, but listen to Both Sides of the Gun (the second disc specifically) and tell me that Ben Harper isn't an extremely talented musician. :wink: Plus, the dude plays a pedal steel guitar! Like two people do that and do it well. :lol:

That's a lot of work over Okkervil :lol:. And I would dread a unit on hip-hop but you seem to enjoy it ;) lol.

Lighting and Design. It WOULD be cool if A) I had any interest in production design and B) The professor actually explained the assignment to us. oh and C) Didn't have the assignment due two days after the final exam!

Ok ok, my Ben Harper dislike has a reason! There was always at least one song by him on the cds at work, and the cds at work were only 4 hours long, and we had to listen to the same one for 2 months. It was awful.

That's a lot of work over Okkervil :lol:. And I would dread a unit on hip-hop but you seem to enjoy it ;) lol.

Lighting and Design. It WOULD be cool if A) I had any interest in production design and B) The professor actually explained the assignment to us. oh and C) Didn't have the assignment due two days after the final exam!

Ok ok, my Ben Harper dislike has a reason! There was always at least one song by him on the cds at work, and the cds at work were only 4 hours long, and we had to listen to the same one for 2 months. It was awful.

:lol: I know...it's been fun and worth it though. Diving into the lyrics, music, and insane amount of references in The Stage Names and The Stand Ins takes a long, long time. :wink: Yeah, I love, love, love hip-hop. It holds a soft spot in my heart, since it was the majority of what I listened to during my middle school years. :lol:

Aww, that's too bad! I hate it when professors do that. One of my classes has an in-class essay test, then two days later we have a 6-8 page final paper due. :down: That's on postmodern tv though, so I think I'm going to write about The Office. :lol:

Ok, I can accept that. :lol: Because when I worked in retail, "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" was that song, and I can't listen to it to this day, even though it was the U2 version. :lol:

Look folks, one of the Claw's feet:

593_23apr09_118s_640.jpg

"The political, social, and economic life of medieval Western Europe rested on the twin pillars of feudalism and manoralism. Explain how these medieval -isms shaped medieval life and address some of the new forces that arose to undermine feudalism and manorialism in the fourteenth century."

Anyone? :hyper:

"The political, social, and economic life of medieval Western Europe rested on the twin pillars of feudalism and manoralism. Explain how these medieval -isms shaped medieval life and address some of the new forces that arose to undermine feudalism and manorialism in the fourteenth century."

:yuck: I've always avoided medieval history, actually. :lol:

All I remember from the lectures is our prof comparing knights to biker gangs. :lol: I'm screwed.

:laugh: That sounds like a random fact/comparison that I'd remember from lectures. Like when my music professor called Beethoven's scherzo form "a minuet on steroids." :lol:

:lol: I know...it's been fun and worth it though. Diving into the lyrics, music, and insane amount of references in The Stage Names and The Stand Ins takes a long, long time. :wink: Yeah, I love, love, love hip-hop. It holds a soft spot in my heart, since it was the majority of what I listened to during my middle school years. :lol:

Aww, that's too bad! I hate it when professors do that. One of my classes has an in-class essay test, then two days later we have a 6-8 page final paper due. :down: That's on postmodern tv though, so I think I'm going to write about The Office. :lol:

Ok, I can accept that. :lol: Because when I worked in retail, "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" was that song, and I can't listen to it to this day, even though it was the U2 version. :lol:

yeah, about the hip-hop I can understand that, that I can :wink:. As for Okkervil, Travis told me I should've posted them in the "Bands I used to listen to" thread to see how much controversy that brought about. I mean. Honestly, I REALLY loved them for a while there, but...I can hardly stand them these days.

My biggest problem is that I can not find an example of a set of office furniture from the 80s. The set i'm doing is the psychiatrists office, and I'm just trying but the best I can do is some mix-match stuff. That's sorta ok though, because in film, if you at least find sorta what you want, you have the means of which to paint it, refabric it, or whatever is necessary to make it look the way you want. But that requires me finding an example of the fabric I WANT to use, and we're back to square one :banghead:. IF I could just get all the materials together, this would pretty much all come together. Writing about the office would be Heaven right about now :lol:

Ben Harper and...oh what is there name...It'll come to me...they will always be "Those Quiznos People" --THE DANDY WARHOLS. I told you it would come to me.

Do you need help with this seriously? Cause I might be able to offer some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom