Gillard Street, Burwood, Victoria, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is the Jay-Z rumour true, then?

And good luck with that, PR ...! :slant:

I just want them to give local artists (of any genre) pretty much the biggest opportunity they could ever have, and open for U2. Kanye West was enough; do they have to import Jay-Z?

So jealous of everybody who got 3Ds as support at Auckland ZooTV. Wonder if we'll ever get a good local support down here again.

Fucking Jay Z. Just another bead on life's necklace of disappointments ... :sigh:

Not that it's a big surprise. I guess Australia and NZ are doomed to getting shitty hip-hip acts.

... yes, hip-hip.

Bono's just trying to be hip-hippin' with the kids these days.

I bet you that's what he REALLY had done earlier this year. Didn't injure his back at all! :wink:

So, what are you people more excited about?

1. Jay-Z guesting with U2 in SBS?
2. The 360 Tour debut of Stranded (Haiti Mon Amour) with Jay-Z.
3. The Brisbane crowd being as openly hostile towards Jay-Z as they were to Kanye.

:happy:

I wonder if Jay-Z will become the second opener I've ever sat down on, after Republic Of Loose's huge fail in Dublin?

Or the second opener I've made a point of walking out on, after I intentionally took forever to buy drinks during Kanye's set at Sydney III.

Everybody might've mistaken Sweet Disposition for Streets and got really excited. :wink:

Fucking Jay Z. Just another bead on life's necklace of disappointments ... :sigh:

Not that it's a big surprise. I guess Australia and NZ are doomed to getting shitty hip-hip acts.

... yes, hip-hip.

hip hip horray! :lol:

I tell you what, I'm gonna go fucking Stab Jay Z if he dare make sunday bloody sunday any worse!

WHAT THE FUCK JAY-ZED?!

So, last night I'm all miserable and depressed and stressed out, then today I manage to get positive enough to think about Brisbane, and now I'm just fucking pissed off.

Do they not like ANY Aussie or Kiwi acts? Were they all booked solid on the festival circuit? Has Muse pinched them all? Did they all politely decline, too embarrassed to be associated with U2? Is Bone-head THAT determined to force us to appreciate whatever sort of music you call that? Was he not paying attention last time??
(Of course not.)
Could they not have at least got the bloody Hilltop Hoods, if they must shove rip-rap down our throats???

Fuck's sake.

I know it's not Jay-Zed's fault, and he's going to have a pretty shit time. But I badly want to ask U2 (Bono), WHY?? It's frankly insulting.

WHAT THE FUCK JAY-ZED?!

So, last night I'm all miserable and depressed and stressed out, then today I manage to get positive enough to think about Brisbane, and now I'm just fucking pissed off.

Do they not like ANY Aussie or Kiwi acts? Were they all booked solid on the festival circuit? Has Muse pinched them all? Did they all politely decline, too embarrassed to be associated with U2? Is Bone-head THAT determined to force us to appreciate whatever sort of music you call that? Was he not paying attention last time??
(Of course not.)
Could they not have at least got the bloody
Hilltop Hoods, if the must shove rip-rap down our throats???

Fuck's sake.

I know it's not Jay-Zed's fault, and he's going to have a pretty shit time. But I badly want to ask U2 (Bono), WHY?? It's frankly insulting.

leave it to you to sum the situation up perfectly. thanks! :)

Pretty Much.

:lmao:

The support act in the end doesn't matter, I don't really approve of it, but if you were to cancel going to a show(s) then to be honest that would be soft.

Sorry for being blunt.

Well, let me put it this way.

I was already thinking I wouldn't travel beyond Melbourne; the timing's all wrong, I'm not sure I want to spend THAT much money on U2, and to be honest, the odds of them playing more than one or two songs in other cities that they don't play at 2 Melbourne shows will be pretty slim. And not wanting to sit through a crappy support slot just helps make that choice easier. It tempers the somewhat fiscally reckless "how can I make Perth work?" urge.

Anyway, I'm out for the night; it's getting late and I'm sick of sleeping in as badly as I have the past couple of weeks. :wave:

How to make Perth work you say?

It Falls on a weekend.

Its one of the most beautiful cities in the world

Umm....U2 are playing there.

You can fit me in your luggage.

Easy!

Back
Top Bottom