Giggleswick Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Personally, I think it was only the third time I've had Tea in my life, and confirmed my initial impression of the stuff!

I'm good. FUCK IT'S RAINED A LOT TODAY. Actually, probably it's rained pathetically little compared to anywhere else in the world. But when I was waiting to cross Royal Parade earlier, the stuff was almost coming down in sheets. It's the heaviest rain I've seen in my entire 14 months in Melbourne!

Of course, it had nothing on a Queensland storm or just every second day in New Zealand, but given our drought situation, this felt genuinely exciting, novel, and new!

I wish it would rain here. I'm scared I'm going to fall into the cracks in the ground and hit China.

Hey Maj., wet much down your way? The central Melbourne station is reporting 25mm of rain since midnight! I'm fairly impressed.

And now the sun's out, of course. Typical Melbourne.

major_panic said:

poster89175245.jpg

:wink:

:applaud:

:lmao:

So, I was out at the bar tonight with some friends. It was a quiet little place off the beaten path and all the regulars looked like they were one or two drinks away from complete liver failure. One of the guys starts slurring words towards us, so we engage him in a little friendly banter. We asked him where all the women were and he said he hadn't seen a woman in the establishment ("this fuckin' place") in over three years. Then he proceeded to tell us how women were overrated anyways. A few years ago he bought a puppy and taught it to like licking his balls. So, he's got that.

And yes, I'll confirm the Maj. is awesome. Bloody awesome, in fact.

Axver said:
Hey Maj., wet much down your way? The central Melbourne station is reporting 25mm of rain since midnight! I'm fairly impressed.

And now the sun's out, of course. Typical Melbourne.

I'm sorta down Chadstone way, so I think we got the best of it. It's still drizzling very, very slightly here, too! :yay:

Dalton said:
So, I was out at the bar tonight with some friends. It was a quiet little place off the beaten path and all the regulars looked like they were one or two drinks away from complete liver failure. One of the guys starts slurring words towards us, so we engage him in a little friendly banter. We asked him where all the women were and he said he hadn't seen a woman in the establishment ("this fuckin' place") in over three years. Then he proceeded to tell us how women were overrated anyways. A few years ago he bought a puppy and taught it to like licking his balls. So, he's got that.

Yeah, he's got that going for him.

Which is nice.

carlspackler.jpg

Axver said:
And yes, I'll confirm the Maj. is awesome. Bloody awesome, in fact.

But Ax does NOT confirm that the photo is of the Maj.

Very telling.

Axver said:

I thought you had more, not less, of a life than me?

I do have more of a life. And I'm going to post more than you one day.

I'm that fucking awesome.

I'm like Diamond sans ineptitude. Word is bond. Sheeeeeeeeeeeet.

major_panic said:

I'm sorta down Chadstone way, so I think we got the best of it. It's still drizzling very, very slightly here, too! :yay:

Not sure whether that makes you closer to the central Melbourne station or one of the outlying ones like Scoresby (which recorded 19.8mm between 9am yesterday and 9am today and none since), or Moorabbin Airport (which has recorded only about 3mm since midnight).

But shit, it was POURING at uni around 10:30.

Well, at least it's a better temperature than this time a fortnight ago ...

I need to go to bed soon. I've got to get up and go to a funeral in the morning.

Dalton said:
Maj, you should make that guy your avatar.

:laugh: I love it how nobody actually thinks it's me...

C'mon Ax, go ahead and confirm it. Although I think I look older now (damn I hope so!)

Total Posts: 84
User Posts
gluey 25
phillyfan26 19
major_panic 17
Dalton 13
Axver 9
RavenBlue 1

:rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back