Giggleswick Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

I have to convert you to Porcupine Tree too?

I've managed to get some of the Melbourne group to come to PT's gig here on 25/04!

Of course, I'm also seeing them in Sydney and Brisbane ...

Try me :evil: I'm open to anything new. My purity rating is testament to that...

Axver said:
My favourite verse of And The Swallows Dance Above The Sun:

Every time I turn around, there's another face watching me
Every time I turn around, there's another voice calling me
Every time I turn around, there's another fool reading me
Every time I turn around, there's another silence drowning me

Ooh that reads nice.....Where can I hear them?

gluey said:

:eyebrow: You think? I dunno about that one....

I know it works for pancakes!

But I honestly can't even recall the difference between pancakes and omelettes.

gluey said:

Ooh that reads nice.....Where can I hear them?

What's your e-mail address?

I can e-mail you songs, but describe them here in order to help out the postwhorage.

gluey said:

:lmao: Oh yeah, that's right

Random question, since the mention of the eighties reminded me of it: did you happen to see U2 on Lovetown?

Duuuude. I'm assuming Vazza went to bed, but I just saw that FYM demotivational poster, and yeah, I don't go in FYM so I hadn't seen that poll before. But that alongside his stupid Gone thread and I see it... Diamond has an ego bigger than Bono's.

Where's the :killintheface: smilie when you need it?

Axver said:

I know it works for pancakes!

But I honestly can't even recall the difference between pancakes and omelettes.

Well an omelette is basically all egg....and a pancake isn't.

Dalton said:
So, I was out at the bar tonight with some friends. It was a quiet little place off the beaten path and all the regulars looked like they were one or two drinks away from complete liver failure. One of the guys starts slurring words towards us, so we engage him in a little friendly banter. We asked him where all the women were and he said he hadn't seen a woman in the establishment ("this fuckin' place") in over three years. Then he proceeded to tell us how women were overrated anyways. A few years ago he bought a puppy and taught it to like licking his balls. So, he's got that.

:lmao:

gluey said:

Well an omelette is basically all egg....and a pancake isn't.

A pancake's still mostly egg, isn't it?

(I obviously don't know much about such foods. All I know is that if I ate either an omelette or a pancake, I'd redecorate the walls!)

An omelette is eggs cooked in a circle (with other ingredients, like peppers or cheese or stuff added) then folded over in half and served.

A pancake is a flat fried cake made of batter and is served with butter and syrup mm.

How can you confuse the two? :eyebrow:

Axver said:

Random question, since the mention of the eighties reminded me of it: did you happen to see U2 on Lovetown?

No, but my older sister did :love: She introduced me to U2 music.

I was in intermediate if I remember rightly at that stage.....ZOOTV was my first taste.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Duuuude. I'm assuming Vazza went to bed, but I just saw that FYM demotivational poster, and yeah, I don't go in FYM so I hadn't seen that poll before. But that alongside his stupid Gone thread and I see it... Diamond has an ego bigger than Bono's.

:lol:

diamond is a far right Mormon nutcase.

He has also jumped onstage at a U2 gig and picked up Bono. Every PLEBAn's dream, though perhaps not quite the same picking up ...

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Where's Lila and her smileys when you need them

DreamOutLoud13 said:
An omelette is eggs cooked in a circle (with other ingredients, like peppers or cheese or stuff added) then folded over in half and served.

A pancake is a flat fried cake made of batter and is served with butter and syrup mm.

confusion is not an option with these two.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

They look fairly similar in the end, and when you're allergic to egg, you aren't exactly looking at the recipe!

And the eggless mix I use to make pancakes, you just pour into the pan and cook, I don't think you need to add anything more, so I have no idea about the process of making an egg pancake.

Axver said:

:lol:

He has also jumped onstage at a U2 gig and picked up Bono. Every PLEBAn's dream, though perhaps not quite the same picking up ...

What? To be picked up by Diamond? :yikes: No thank you.

Axver said:
Freaking Mormons. Last time they came around here, I informed them of the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. They were not really impressed, but I had fun arguing with them anyway. And I quoted scripture that they didn't even know, so HA, I win.

Incidentally, my oldest sister is a Mormon, but she still has a brain and is going to vote for Barack Obama, so she's not completely gone. She wears the magical Mormon underwear though, which is hilarious.

Total Posts: 326
User Posts
gluey 100
Axver 62
major_panic 59
Dalton 27
the tourist 24
phillyfan26 23
U2democrat 16
coolian2 10
DreamOutLoud13 2
COBL_04 1