Getting Into Heavier Sounds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Maybe this isn't true but I have listen to Metellica, Nickelback and Nirvana {I listen to them before} but not Metellica, I really like the heavy guitar sounds. I must have never realized that before. Just something small I wanted to share. The Edge is the best guitar player, though, to me!

I listen to alot of "heavy sounding" music still. I'm a big fan of "industrial" music and the whole goth thing. (I never grew out of all of it.)

while you're at it, you should listen to cannibal corpse and iced earth. slayer.

the old metallica songs are better, the last album is on a lower level, but they sound good, even though they're the most commercial heavy metal band i've ever heard in the world! nirvana are a bit too sad to me, too much desperation! nickelback is well rock band

I love Heavy metal!!! Nickelback is not heavy and Nirvana's first two albums have some heavier stuff but that?s most of it.

Metallica rules!!! The best heavy metal band in the world!!! Amazing catalogue of songs!! Master Of Puppets, Seek And Destroy, Creeping Death, The Four Horsemen, For Whom The Bell Tolls are just unbeatable, specially live!!

u2zoogirl knows what she's talking about, Black Sabbath is another great band with a great catalogue of songs!! The first three albums are the originators of heavy metal!! Kreator and Slayer are more trash metal and they kick ass too.

Another great metal band that doesn?t get much attention is Testament. They?re great too. Sepultura must be mentioned cause they?re a very important band for today?s heavy metal. There are others too like Anthrax, the almighty Motorhead (you?ll love them), Megadeth, Pantera, Mercyful Fate...

just don't check out coil...they sound like radio static :down:

or the guy with the 100 disc box sets...

Thanks guys! I think I like Tool and Nine Inch Nails! I don't like heavy medal bands like Poison of the Well {People say it's not heavy medal, but it is to me.} the screaming stuff isn't for me.

Last edited:
get some agnostic front. riot riot upstart since you're not into 'screamy' stuff.

Back
Top Bottom