Germany vs. USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so amazed and proud that our boys have gotten this far, I couldn't care less how the game goes. It's incredible for them to just be there. So if we lose, tis quite alright.

However, Germany has everything to lose in this game. USA has absolutely nothing to lose. We've already had our best showing at the Cup ever. So I'm still going to cast my vote for the US to pull a freak win. ;) (well that and I've got a bet running with someone from this forum:eek: )

sulawesigirl4 said:
However, Germany has everything to lose in this game. USA has absolutely nothing to lose. We've already had our best showing at the Cup ever. So I'm still going to cast my vote for the US to pull a freak win.

I totally agree Sula ... I think we might win. :yes:

Last I checked, Germany was ranked 11, USA 13. Why do so many people think it will be a blowout?

follower said:
Dunno. Maybe USA will keep on its trend. Personally I think Germany is pure boredom. :D

Spot on! About the boring Germans I mean. I can't really complain as I'm a Liverpool fan and they cleaned up using the ever so cautious approach 2 seasons ago. But if England and Germany get to the final by playing ultra bore tactics, then feck soccer!

Kinda want the States to lose for the simple fact that their country doesn't care about soccer, but saying that is a bit harsh. It's up to the team, and they're doing a great job!

May the best team win!

c'mon guys play nice!

anyone who watches futbol understands that 'anything is possible', a perfect example Senegal (world rank 42) defeated France (world rank 1). enough said.

USA!USA!USA!USA!

Attachments

• unst001.gif
    unst001.gif
    7.1 KB · Views: 69
speedracer said:
Last I checked, Germany was ranked 11, USA 13. Why do so many people think it will be a blowout?

One think every Football fan most know....

Never! never trust FIFA qualifications, those are trasvesty.

You will find out with time how silly they are.

:scratch: hmmm, france were ranked in first place even before zidane got injured.

the rankings will probably change after this wc, but we can discuss that later, after the fact. :)

i agree with you rafmed, for the most part the fifa rankings are not as accurate as they could be. i don't agree with their first or second placed teams! if you know what i mean!

Last edited:
Germany will probably win, but I'll cheer for my boys! Stars and Stripes! :)

USA should be proud that they got this far. They've done a great job.

I cant see Germany losing this, especially seeing as USA having played at all well in the world cup.
3-0

1-0 phew!

This USA team deserve to be honored when they go back home, what a way to fight, Germany played as though as them. We may should expect more from a team like Germany, but USA make them bleed for this one.

argh! and that almost goal by the US at the very end was soooooo close. oh well. I'm proud of my boys. The US team did a great job this year and I can't wait to see what happens in four years. As for the World Cup itself, I think there are alot of Americans-- myself included-- that are finally started to figure out how cool this soccer thing is.

rafmed said:

*Sees Mani sleeping in the bathroom*

huh?
oh
that was "havent played at all well..."

USA were a bit better and Germany comewhat negative in the 2nd half.
Have to say though, US are one of the dirtiest teams I've seen in the world cup. Reyna shouldve been sent off, and some of the americans seem to have chosen the wrong sport judging by the way they threw the Germans off the ball...

Not the best game of the world cup...

The US dirty? Not more than most teams.

And for a team that was supposedly bigger, stronger and physically superior, the Germans seemed to go down awfully easily after contact...

Not exactly the "blowout" everyone was expecting was it???

Way to go USA!!! I'm really proud of our team. Look out world. :D

Back
Top Bottom