George Michael Fears for his life....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
Ok, read this....

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...&e=1&u=/nm/20020712/en_nm/people_michael_dc_1

HELLO!!! I am sorry, but I have been a long time fan of GM and this is really ridiculous! How important does he think he is? He's not the first to poke fun at Politics and he isn't the last. Who would want to kill him? :rolleyes: Give me a break, that's just ludicrous. Seems like a good excuse to never have to tour again, or release any material in NA. Nice work George... I am starting to think you really suck. :mad:

Last edited:
Re: oh please!

daisybean said:
Personally I think he is just trying to draw some publicity and increase sales here in America.

:yes:

He must provoke the people, because otherwise no one would speak about this hmmmm :eyebrow: "song". :huh:

Last edited:
but i hope he doesn't. personally.

if he ever does tour again i think he's gonna cover bowie's 'i'm afraid of american's'.

Re: but i hope he doesn't. personally.

kobayashi said:
if he ever does tour again i think he's gonna cover bowie's 'i'm afraid of american's'.

I had the same thought; of course, Mr. Bowie recently declared that he will never again live in the UK due to the tabloid photographers harassing him; he has lived in NYC for awhile now and appreicates the privacy he has here in the US.

~U2Alabama

Rono said:

Says it all ? There are many very good bands and artists without a record deal,....

Well, yes, there are many good bands and artists without record deals. George Michael, however, used to have an American record deal but no longer has one, which I take as a reflection of his relevancy (or lack thereof) in the music scene.

I guess what I should've said was....why on Earth should he fear for his life in America if A)he's not even on the radar of the American music scene and B)He apparently doesn't have any plans to be because he doesn't even have a record contract out here - music isn't released here, very little exposure (of the non-indecent public toilet kind) as a result.

It's just a way for him to gain publicity by hyping up that he has a song that's maybe a little controversial. If it wasn't for this story in the news, I doubt most people would even know he had a new album out.

Diemen said:

It's just a way for him to gain publicity by hyping up that he has a song that's maybe a little controversial. If it wasn't for this story in the news, I doubt most people would even know he had a new album out.

The funny thing is, he doesn't even have a new album out, it's just a single. Buddy hasn't written an original album in 6 years!

Back
Top Bottom