George Michael 25Live Tour!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
Laugh if you will but I would kill to see George Michael Live and so far there are only European dates :scream:

After years of rumour and speculation, legendary superstar George Michael has officially announced he will be touring for the first time since 1991." The tour is entitled 25Live and since on sale has been in huge demand at the box office. This promises to be an unprecedented celebration of George's 25 year career in music. George Michael will be performing a selection of songs taken from ALL of his albums, including some classic Wham! tracks. Just too good to miss - See you there....

Please Click on the Venue or On Sale date to book online
Date City Venue On Sale
6/10
Milan Milan Forum
3/5
9/10
Paris Omnisports De Bercy
10/5
10/10
Paris Omnisports De Bercy
10/5
20/10
Gothenburg Scandinavium
8/5
22/10
Stockholm The Globe
8/5
25/10
Frankfurt Festhalle
2/5
29/10
Munich Olympiahalle - Munich
2/5
4/11
Rotterdam Ahoy Arena
9/5
6/11
Berlin Velodrome
2/5
7/11
Hamburg Color Line Arena
2/5
9/11
Mannheim Mannheim SAP Arena
2/5
11/11
Copenhagen Parken
8/5
17/11
Manchester MEN Arena
23/4
18/11
Manchester MEN Arena
23/4
25/11
London Earls Court
25/4
26/11
London Earls Court
25/4
28/11
London Earls Court
25/4
29/11
London Earls Court
25/4
2/12
Birmingham NEC Arena
23/4
8/12
Dublin The Point
26/4
9/12
Dublin The Point
26/4
11/12
London Wembley Arena
23/4
12/12
London Wembley Arena
23/4
14/12
London Wembley Arena
23/4
15/12
London Wembley Arena
23/4

one4u2 said:
Laugh if you will but

:hug: :lol:

I don't care what anyone says but I have always liked his music... and his voice! His beautiful ballads like Cowboys And Angels & Praying For Time are so underrated, esp. here in the US.

if he still can sing after all the dope he´s been smokin..

would like to see him, but not trip to another town. to do half the concerts in england and call it a european tour...

I'd love to see him!! Great voice, great music. :up: I'm sure eventually he'll announce American dates...

And I don't care what anyone says or what gender he prefers, the guy is hot! :drool: :reject: :laugh:

Re: Re: George Michael 25Live Tour!!

Zootlesque said:

:hug: :lol:

I don't care what anyone says but I have always liked his music... and his voice! His beautiful ballads like Cowboys And Angels & Praying For Time are so underrated, esp. here in the US.

:kiss:

I hope he plays the US! It's a greatest hits tour :hyper:

I have always loved George's voice and I'd love to see him - never got a chance back in his heyday here. I highly doubt he'll be adding any US dates to that tour. I think he gave up on the states a while ago.

U2dork said:
I have always loved George's voice and I'd love to see him - never got a chance back in his heyday here. I highly doubt he'll be adding any US dates to that tour. I think he gave up on the states a while ago.

:|

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
If he plays here I see it being in small theatres - no way could he draw an arena crowd, IMO.

If I was 9, this might've been great news. :wink:

9? Boy you are young :wink:

and I could see an MSG show or 2 :drool:

The rich declare themselves poor
And most of us are not sure
If we have too much
But we'll take out chances
Cos God stopped keeping score
I guess somewhere along the way
He must have let us all out to play
Turned his back and all God's children
Crept out the back door

It is hard to love
There's so much to hate
Hanging on to hope
When there is no hope to speak of
And the wounded skies above
Say it's much too late
Well, maybe we should all be
Praying for time

:heart:

How fucking beautiful are these lyrics??? So what if it's the same guy that sang I Want Your Sex? :angry:

This song is even eerily perfect for the uneasy times we live in post 2001.

I think George is great - a brilliant singer/songwriter plus he's funny! :)

I missed the ticket sale, but am still hoping for ticket for Glasgow:(

I was lucky enough to meet him at the time of Wham!&he was so sweet to all the fans - signed ever person's autograph&there was about 50 of us! :ohmy: :happy:

I have considered myself a fan since the early Wham days. Saw him in Oakland not long after he went solo, and it was a great show. He had a LOT of energy and kept the audience on their toes. (He really is a wee little guy tho!) My favorite George Michael song is Praying for Time. I'd go see him again if he came to So. Calif.

:bump:
SQUEEEeeee***

I saw this on billboard.com and got a little over excited...I've never been so excited to think I might be wrong...

http://billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002690484

Promoters were correct to put their faith in George Michael's first European tour in 15 years. Since going on sale in April, Michael's 47-date 25 Live tour, which begins Sept. 23 in Barcelona, has moved close to 600,000 tickets, catching even Michael's handlers somewhat by surprise.

Michael's manager Michael Lippman calls the demand "over the top. It was beyond our expectations in terms of speed, but I never doubted we'd sell the tickets." The tour celebrates Michael's 25-year career.

Michael has never been known for extensive concert treks, having last toured in 1991 in support of his "Cover to Cover" album. "He did tour with Wham!, and he did tour on the 'Faith' album," Lippman says. "But there were only about 40 dates in America."

But 15 years is a long absence from the live market for any artist. Lippman says a series of personal and professional setbacks -- many of them well documented in the press, including suing Sony in 1993 -- kept Michael off the road.

"He just became a bit reclusive, not really wanting to go out and engage the public," Lippman says. "Now he's fit and ready to go and he wants to go out and play his music for people and interact with people."

Apparently, there was considerable pent-up demand to see Michael live. "I never take anything for granted -- it is dangerous to do so in this business," says tour producer Barrie Marshall of Marshall Arts. "However, people have been asking me every year for at least the last 10 years, 'When is George going to play dates?'"

Lippman says the set list will be a career retrospective, including hits from Wham! and Michael's solo career. "We've got a band, we've got a crew, we've got a set being built and designed, we're way ahead of the game," Lippman says. "We're all ready to go and can't wait for these dates to begin."

With overwhelming success of Europe, is there any chance Michael will test the waters in the United States? "I am very optimistic that we will," Lippman says. "Let's get up and running. We're all going to wear T-shirts saying, 'Let's make sure George has a good time.' I can't imagine it won't come to America."

:hyper:

Barcelona Set List :drool:

Waiting
Flawless
Fast love
Father figure
Star people
The first time ever I saw your face
Praying for time
Too funky
You have been loved
Everything she wants