Geebung, Queensland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's ok to have a computer, internet connection, a car, a digital camera, etc. Yawn.
pretty much, i suppose. although i'm sure he'd say cars are a luxury. i dunno. this would probably fall into his "for health reasons it's okay" argument, but when i hear about elderly people dying in the summer because it's so hot and they don't have air or can't afford to turn it on...no i don't think it's a luxury, it's a necessity. it's great that so many can survive without it, but there are many who can't.

pretty much, i suppose. although i'm sure he'd say cars are a luxury. i dunno. this would probably fall into his "for health reasons it's okay" argument, but when i hear about elderly people dying in the summer because it's so hot and they don't have air or can't afford to turn it on...no i don't think it's a luxury, it's a necessity. it's great that so many can survive without it, but there are many who can't.

I knew I read something to that effect last night. Luxury, my ass.

I knew I read something to that effect last night. Luxury, my ass.
yeah. my argument last night was i get overheated and that causes migraines, which is true. and even with the air on, i still get more migraines in the summer than any other time of year. one year it was so bad, i was getting them literally every day all summer. i even felt like shit on my birthday which ticked me off. and that's with me being in cool buildings pretty much all day. :shrug:

Everyone's life/circumstances are different. Those that see things from the outside-in know that, and thus can understand things from other points of view. Those that see things from the inside-out have only their limited and myopic view to make judgments from. Few things are as deflating as someone whose purview is so severely limited in scope that it leads to their thinking that their way is clearly the only way. It takes one down a path of inflexibility, lack of imagination or creativity, and yields few unexpected experiences or pleasures.

Everyone's life/circumstances are different. Those that see things from the outside-in know that, and thus can understand things from other points of view. Those that see things from the inside-out have only their limited and myopic view to make judgments from. Few things are as deflating as someone whose purview is so severely limited in scope that it leads to their thinking that their way is clearly the only way. It takes one down a path of inflexibility, lack of imagination or creativity, and yields few unexpected experiences or pleasures.
i agree. in this instance, you never know what someone's circumstances are as to why they need the air come summertime. but it doesn't really matter. i think as long as you can afford it, use it, just don't be wasteful about it.

OMG Chris Brown's song that's out at the moment (fucked if I know the name of it)....the opening of it makes my hair stand on end.....it sounds like the horrendous mouth organ my mum and dad suggested I learn how to play (not harmonica....but a fucking mouth organ!!!).....it sounded like that. Even my cat hated it, biting my ankles whenever I was forced to practice.

I'm doing housework....can you tell? :shifty:

Weird, the sky is lighter but the rain is just pouring down. I haven't heard any tornado sirens which is good but this is taking everyone by surprise I guess, if you believe the news. :shrug:

I want to go outside right now. I know, I'm crazy... :drool:
nah, you're not crazy, i love the rain :drool:

OMG Chris Brown's song that's out at the moment (fucked if I know the name of it)....the opening of it makes my hair stand on end.....it sounds like the horrendous mouth organ my mum and dad suggested I learn how to play (not harmonica....but a fucking mouth organ!!!).....it sounded like that. Even my cat hated it, biting my ankles whenever I was forced to practice.

I'm doing housework....can you tell? :shifty:
heh...mouth organ :giggle:

Weird, the sky is lighter but the rain is just pouring down. I haven't heard any tornado sirens which is good but this is taking everyone by surprise I guess, if you believe the news. :shrug:

I want to go outside right now. I know, I'm crazy... :drool:

:love: I love going out in the rain....mum could never keep me inside as a kid.

:yikes: You get tornado's??? That's not something we really have to worry about in NZ. My sister is looking at a job in Kansas....Mum is FREAKING out about there being a tornado if my sister moves there.....

:love: I love going out in the rain....mum could never keep me inside as a kid.

:yikes: You get tornado's??? That's not something we really have to worry about in NZ. My sister is looking at a job in Kansas....Mum is FREAKING out about there being a tornado if my sister moves there.....
oh yes, especially in the middle of the country, like where kansas is! :lol: the tornadoes can be really bad. the only time anyone in my family has ever seen a tornado was when my dad was a kid and he was living in kansas.

oh yes, especially in the middle of the country, like where kansas is! :lol: the tornadoes can be really bad. the only time anyone in my family has ever seen a tornado was when my dad was a kid and he was living in kansas.

:uhoh: So what would Wichita be like then......:yikes:

:uhoh: So what would Wichita be like then......:yikes:
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

lol, serious answer: The area is vulnerable to severe weather, with often violent thunderstorms occurring mainly during the spring and summer months of March-June. These occasionally bring large hail as well as frequent lightning. Sometimes tornadoes occur. The outskirts of Wichita were affected during the Andover, Kansas Tornado Outbreak on April 26, 1991, which spawned an F5 tornado—the most violent of its kind. During the 1999 Oklahoma tornado outbreak, on May 3, 1999, an F4 tornado hit the town of Haysville, tracking then north and hitting the southwest edge of Wichita.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

lol, serious answer: The area is vulnerable to severe weather, with often violent thunderstorms occurring mainly during the spring and summer months of March-June. These occasionally bring large hail as well as frequent lightning. Sometimes tornadoes occur. The outskirts of Wichita were affected during the Andover, Kansas Tornado Outbreak on April 26, 1991, which spawned an F5 tornado—the most violent of its kind. During the 1999 Oklahoma tornado outbreak, on May 3, 1999, an F4 tornado hit the town of Haysville, tracking then north and hitting the southwest edge of Wichita.

:yikes: Fuck me! So I should blatantly discourage her :uhoh:??? We're so lucky not to have that to worry about here....

:yikes: Fuck me! So I should blatantly discourage her :uhoh:??? We're so lucky not to have that to worry about here....
well, i mean it depends. what you should really do is encourage her to move here :D

tornadoes always seem to fly right past us, so in terms of severe weather it's not that bad here. i guess it's because we're right on the mississippi. plus, then you'd have to come here to visit her! :giggle:

fuck me i need aircon. i just concluded the only thing i was fit for was a nap, which i woke up from covered in sweat. and i haven't donea bit on cleaning my room because i can't move. so at least with a more decent nap, i could hope to stay up all night and do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom