Gaylord, Kansas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think I'm bad, you should meet this guy I had tutorials with. He sounds like he never actually grew up, and is trying to project this nerdy 12 year old's voice out of a 21 year old's body. It's fucking classic, especially when he gets excitable and know-it-allish. Makes me look comparatively mild! Always a welcome thing for me.

Haha! No, you weren't that bad. That guy sounds like a class act, though.

Uh, I think Bonnie wins here. :uhoh: seeing as I just got a Macbook my funds are a bit low atm.
and the passport thing is easy, get Bono and his private jet and he'll pay people to shut up about your passports.

srsly, why don't you have one? :scratch:
Because I live smack in the middle of a big country and have never had the funds or occasion to leave. So thus, no reason to need a passport.

America's too self contained :sigh: Europe is so awesome with its bunched up countries and trains to take you through them all.

Fathers are assholes. It's the only realistic conclusion.

What does a voice matter? It's not about the voice, it's about the gesture.
Find a girl who isn't interested in that either. Like, if anyone tried to do that shit with me I'd punch them in the face and told them to get a life. I HATE that kinda shit. And I'm not the only one.
And the last one, well, can't do anything about that!

This leads to a further conclusion that I should never have children. Oh, wait, I'm already an arsehole. Model father then?

I think my problem is that if I tried to take a girl out on a really romantic dinner, I'd stop on the way to photograph an unusual tram that I spotted out of the corner of my eye, then the romantic dinner will turn into some highly detailed political discussion that puts us in the mood for revolution, not romance.

No, I've sort of been referring to the situation every now and again today, but I don't know how to actually say it, and I'd rather it not be in a public forum.

Do you still want to talk on AIM or anything? I'm around if you'd like to.

Naw, I just think romance is totally overrated, because if you do it even slightly wrong everything goes out of wack.

Well, I think romance is great when people stop caring so fucking much about it. When it's forced, it's fucked. If someone isn't spontaneously romantic, fuck it. Look at it a different way, people don't have to do the stereotypes to be romantic! They have their own ways of showing you they love you.

Naw, I just think romance is totally overrated, because if you do it even slightly wrong everything goes out of wack.

This is why I say that any relationship I have would be nothing more than friendship + sex + more cooking. No need to put things out of whack.

No, I've sort of been referring to the situation every now and again today, but I don't know how to actually say it, and I'd rather it not be in a public forum.

Ah, well, there's always pms... or you could post it and after people read it delete/clear the post? That's what I've done in the past.. usually when posting pics of the guy I fancy, since I do NOT want him to find them here...

... I hope Ax isn't having a cry about what I said how he talks. It was a joke! Really, he has a French accent and his voice is as deep as the ocean.

Damn, I think we really made Axver emo. Is he cutting himself in the corner of his room?

:lol:

I was actually doing work on my take home exam. It's a third done, hurrah. I'd like it at least half done before I go to bed. But I aim to be asleep within two hours, so ...

Well, I think romance is great when people stop caring so fucking much about it. When it's forced, it's fucked. If someone isn't spontaneously romantic, fuck it. Look at it a different way, people don't have to do the stereotypes to be romantic! They have their own ways of showing you they love you.

This is a really good point. I remember just how forced the last couple of significant days Kate and I shared were. Ugh. The earlier ones just ... happened of themselves, really, and were quite good. Even if looking back on it inspires much nausea.

Because I live smack in the middle of a big country and have never had the funds or occasion to leave. So thus, no reason to need a passport.

America's too self contained :sigh: Europe is so awesome with its bunched up countries and trains to take you through them all.

Ah. Well here you're always supposed to have something to identify yourself with you. Wether it's ID, license or passport. So everyone has a passport here, or at least an ID. With the ID we can travel trough the European Union, so I got a passport last year since my ID was outdated.
Now I have a driver's license for inside the country :D

This leads to a further conclusion that I should never have children. Oh, wait, I'm already an arsehole. Model father then?

I think my problem is that if I tried to take a girl out on a really romantic dinner, I'd stop on the way to photograph an unusual tram that I spotted out of the corner of my eye, then the romantic dinner will turn into some highly detailed political discussion that puts us in the mood for revolution, not romance.

If braindead idiots can have children, so can you. Seriously I don't get why people get kids if they're totally whack and go insane. I pity those kids.

:lol: well, that's just you then. Who knows, you might run into a girl with the same obsession you have, and who gets turned on by politics..

Ah. Well here you're always supposed to have something to identify yourself with you. Wether it's ID, license or passport. So everyone has a passport here, or at least an ID. With the ID we can travel trough the European Union, so I got a passport last year since my ID was outdated.
I have an ID so I can buy booze and get into R rated movies (though I only got carded for that once), but it's really not worth anything aside from that.

I think you can probably get into Canada without a passport though. The Canadians like everybody.

I often use my passport as ID in Australia and NZ, since I never know if I'll get my Queensland 18+ card (now lost) or my student ID knocked back as "not good enough", and I obviously can't get a driver's licence. But I always feel conspicuous about it, since nobody else uses passports for anything but international travel.

:crack: oh crap I'm so slow!

This is a really good point. I remember just how forced the last couple of significant days Kate and I shared were. Ugh. The earlier ones just ... happened of themselves, really, and were quite good. Even if looking back on it inspires much nausea.

Well yea, if it's forced, that's not a good thing. It just has to come out of yourself. Ofcourse in a relationship you need to compromise every now and then, and do something for the other rather than yourself, but it shouldn't ALWAYS be so. You should always stay true to yourself.

I have an ID so I can buy booze and get into R rated movies (though I only got carded for that once), but it's really not worth anything aside from that.

I think you can probably get into Canada without a passport though. The Canadians like everybody.

Daamn, you need ID to get in a freakin' MOVIE??? :crack: What on earth?

I often use my passport as ID in Australia and NZ, since I never know if I'll get my Queensland 18+ card (now lost) or my student ID knocked back as "not good enough", and I obviously can't get a driver's licence. But I always feel conspicuous about it, since nobody else uses passports for anything but international travel.

Well for official identification here you can't use a student card and such, so you need an ID or passport or driver's license. for other things it's good enough.

Daamn, you need ID to get in a freakin' MOVIE??? :crack: What on earth?
Can't have the wee babbies (teenagers) sneaking in to see the blood and violence and boobies and F-bombs. Gotta be 17 to get in, though they don't card you unless you really look young.

It's all so they don't get sued by uptight parents for selling tickets to underaged kids.

Well for official identification here you can't use a student card and such, so you need an ID or passport or driver's license. for other things it's good enough.

Oh, I'm just talking about getting into concerts and things. They always specify that you need a driver's licence for 18+ shows and I've no idea if they'd take student ID. I don't think they would, since I'm pretty sure it doesn't have my age on it. I know passports trump anything, so I carry that.

Can't have the wee babbies (teenagers) sneaking in to see the blood and violence and boobies and F-bombs. Gotta be 17 to get in, though they don't card you unless you really look young.

It's all so they don't get sued by uptight parents for selling tickets to underaged kids.
Ah, well here they've advisory ratings for kids, 16+ and 18+ but there's not really any checking on that... and if you're with a parent you get in anywhere too.. only in pubs and clubs you need id. Well, unless you're a girl ofcourse. You just need boobies in that case.

Oh, I'm just talking about getting into concerts and things. They always specify that you need a driver's licence for 18+ shows and I've no idea if they'd take student ID. I don't think they would, since I'm pretty sure it doesn't have my age on it. I know passports trump anything, so I carry that.

:scratch: 18+ concerts? What's that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom