Gaylord, Kansas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I'm sure it's been said, but Greetings, Gaylords! :wave:

2. Lo, I am summoned. *tempted to leave butt here and go to bed* :wink:

3. Your sig, Bonnie... :lmao:

Dystopian for the SuperWin.

I finally got around to reading Brave New World last December. Couldn't fucking put it down. Had to force myself so that I at least stretched out reading it over two days.
I haven't read Brave New World yet. I started it once, but then I got a new book I ordered in the mail, and put it down.

My absolute favourite book right now isn't dystopian though (though I think the sequel probably is, but I haven't read it yet.) It's a disaster story told in diary format. Basically the moon gets knocked out of alignment, which wreaks total havoc on the earth's weather. First the tides swell and obliterate coastal cities, and then there are volcanos, and a horrible harsh winter hits. Basically it chronicles this family trying to survive through it, and it gets horribly depressing.

Life as We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer. Check it out.

fail-owned-graffiti-wall-fail.jpg

And guys that's not all.
This was under the pic:
Submitted by Bono

» 69 Comments

My favourite sci-fi is probably anything that is overlong and character driven; give me a well written Space-Opera any day.

Dystopian is great too so much more interesting than your standard Utopian images. Utopia bore me unless contrasted much worse places; either on the same place or on a different planet.

I want to now go on a rant about how sci-fi is way too wide a genre, and should be broken up into at least two subcategories, because I have absolutely no taste for boring Star Trek type books, or ~ePiC~ stories about adventures on some fantastical far off planet, starring a buxom babe. Books like that are written for 35 year old men living in their moms' basements. And I have to wade through all of that shit to find the few decent books.

I would just like to take this moment to agree here entirely.

fail-owned-graffiti-wall-fail.jpg

And guys that's not all.
This was under the pic:
Submitted by Bono

» 69 Comments
:eyebrow: Bono's on failblog?

Also, this reminds me of some of the pictures my friend Annie took in Berlin. They walked along the remaining portion of the Berlin wall, which included such gems as:

"Can we have our ball back?"

and

"You're my wonderwall."

:eyebrow: Bono's on failblog?

Also, this reminds me of some of the pictures my friend Annie took in Berlin. They walked along the remaining portion of the Berlin wall, which included such gems as:

and

"You're my wonderwall."

Apparently!

:lmao: Wonderwall, bwhaha nice one!

and

"You're my wonderwall."

BRILLIANT. :lmao:

.... Is it wrong for me to be jealous of people who get tiny earthquakes? Don't want a big one, just a little one...

Anyway, I was going to bed too. :wave:

.... Is it wrong for me to be jealous of people who get tiny earthquakes? Don't want a big one, just a little one...

Anyway, I was going to bed too. :wave:

Hah, no, I'm with you there. I miss the little tremors in New Zealand. But nothing destructive, thanks. Could do without that.

G'night! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom