Gamers Zone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea SE needs to lay off the Final Fantasy franchise for a while. They have milked this fanboy's wet dream long enough. Hell, the Dirge Of Cerberus game is about Vincent, not Cloud.

But then again, lots of games are being rehashed. So we'll always have to put up with sub-par sequels to great games.

News:

*Lumines 2 has been announced for the PSP
(if anyone even cares)

Damn right i'm dominating.

I'm gonna keep this thread up as much as I can. It's the only game thread I've ever seen here! :drool:

News:

*Media Create Software Sales have been released for this week:

1. GBA Mother 3 205,914
2. PS2 DQ Yangus 127,502
3. PS2 FFXI Aht Urghan expansion 75,983
4. DS More Brain Training 70,831 (1,957,633)
5. PSP Dragonball Z 70,559
6. PS2 Okami 60,161
7. DS Brain Training 48,493 (1,977,999)
8. DS Animal Crossing 42,994 (2,505,056)
9. DS Eigo zuke 39,757 (886,471)
10. DS Pokemon Ranger 31,640 (390,641

PS2 and DS have a stranglehold on the chart once again. A great showing for Mother 3, which would be better known under its US name, Earthbound 3 (obviously a Japanese exclusive) Other interesting notes, both Brain Trainings will be reaching the 2million mark by the end of this week. Amazing Nintendo! Way to go Sony for still having huge PS2 numbers! :up:

I heard they aren't actually as boring as one may think a brain "Training" game may be. They give you an age your brain is by calculating your performance in the game. I guess it's supposed to help you exercise the mind.

*News

Tales of the Abyss, which has done well on the PS2 in Japan, is making its way to the States! Like always, the new version will have added content, so high-five gaming pals!
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/talesoftheabyss/news.html?sid=6148428

KhanadaRhodes said:
But knowing you, just getting it out of the plastic shrink wrap would be too much Brain Training. OH SNAP! :wink:

*News

Seeing as posting only Japanese numbers all the time is kinda misleading, here are some French numbers too :tongue:

1. Animal Crossing: Wild World (DS)
2. Dragon Quest VIII (PS2)
3. Tomb Raider: Legend (PS2)
4. FIFA Street 2 (PS2)
5. Nintendogs: Labrador (DS)
6. Tomb Raider: Legend (Xbox 360)
7. Nintendogs: Dachshund (DS)
8. Ice Age 2: The Meltdown (DS)
9. Tomb Raider: Legend (Xbox)
10. Mario Kart DS (DS)

Unfortunately they are only the positions and not actual sales. Animal Crossing: Wild World is a monster. If you don't own a DS and this game, you're missing out on playing a very addictive game with millions of people!

hey, I got a Nintendo DS, I love it! I just have Mario Kart DS and Metroid Prime: Hunters, both are addictive... but I need more, what games do you recommend me?

I'm pretty faithful to Sony, but the PSP was more expensive XD anyway, I'm looking forward PS3 of course! I've heard comments about Xbox 360 and its disappointing results

Well Xbox360 has done pretty ok in America. Which one would expect. However, in Japan and Europe, not so much. The monthly hardware sales put it barely abovethe Gamecube which is Nintendo's current console, that's pretty sad for a "next-gen" console. Plus with overheating, and other issues, the 360 is off to a rocky start.

As for the DS? Well it really depends on what types of games you like to play.
In my opinion though, any DS library would be well-off if it included these titles:

Animal Crossing:Wild World
Nintendogs (somewhat a hit and miss for most people, can get dull if you aren't into the game)
Kirby's Canvas Curse
Trauma Center: Under The Knife (another hit and miss)
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Braing Age (huge Japanese craze)
Tetris DS
Advanced Wars: Duel Strike (real-time strategy game, great reviews)
Castlevania: Dawn Of Souls
Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time
Meteos

Last edited:
thanks, all gamers I know love Nintendogs, I will buy it :up:

and I'll check the other titles as well

my favorite kind of games are fighting games but... I really don't see the point of buy this kind of games for the NDS, I wanna use and enjoy all the possibilities of this portable console

talking about fighting titles... my current addiction is Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (for PS2) :drool:

Last edited:
catlhere said:
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Braing Age (huge Japanese craze)

I cannot find Phoenix Wright anywhere. Apparently it's been discontinued. I'll probably break down and get it on ebay.

I'm playing Brain Age now. It's like having little homework problems. I think it's great. If you like crosswords and number games, it's well worth it. Very unique. And the little guy that guides you along kills me. What a freak.

catlhere said:
I heard they aren't actually as boring as one may think a brain "Training" game may be. They give you an age your brain is by calculating your performance in the game. I guess it's supposed to help you exercise the mind.

*News

Tales of the Abyss, which has done well on the PS2 in Japan, is making its way to the States! Like always, the new version will have added content, so high-five gaming pals!
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/talesoftheabyss/news.html?sid=6148428

I loved Tales of Symphonia..i've clocked it twice so far:reject:

Twas just great fun and quite funny at times...even if that was just for daft dialogue:p

But Tales of the Abyss looks excellent!

LJT said:

I loved Tales of Symphonia..i've clocked it twice so far:reject:

Twas just great fun and quite funny at times...even if that was just for daft dialogue:p

But Tales of the Abyss looks excellent!

I want a new Skies of Arcadia game. Ever since I played that, I compare all other RPGs to it. I enjoyed Tales of Symphonia as well. Probabl best "Japanese style" RPG I've played since SoA.

Oh don't worry LJT, you are not alone. I must have beaten that game around 4 or 5 times already. It's addictive! :drool: :nerd: You're right though, the dialogue can get so cheesy. :lol: "You Desian bastards!"

News:

*Phoenix Wright has actually been put back in stores due to popular demand. You just have to know where to look, and get lucky enough to find a copy:
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/adventure/phoenixwright/news.html?sid=6145876&mode=recent

*Keeping with the sales, here are the top 10 for the UK this past week:

1: Tomb Raider Legends (Multi-Format).
2: Ice Age 2: The Meltdown (Multi-Format).
3: Animal Crossing: Wild World (DS).
4: FIFA Street 2 (Multi-Format).
5: The Godfather (Multi-Format).
6: The Sims 2: Family Fun Stuff (PC).
7: Worldwide Soccer Manager 2006 (PC).
8: Tom Clancy's G.R.A.W (Multi-Format).
9: Buzz: The BIG Quiz (PS2).
10: Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion (Multi-Format).

Ice Age in the #2 spot? I don't wanna call UK gamers casual but... :eyebrow:

*Sony releases worlwide PS2 & PSP shipment #'s for April 1st, 2005 - March 31st, 2006
http://www.gamefront.de

PS2 - 16.22 million
PSP - 14.06 million

Keep in mind that this is only SHIPPED units, they have not been sold yet. Sony seems to only think that stocking them on the shelves means they have been purchased, at least by retailers.

*Konami will be making a Revolution exclusive game titled "Elebits". Here is the first artwork released for the game. I have no idea, looking at this, what it's about:
http://sylphys.ddo.jp/upld2nd/game2/src/1146145894109.jpg

Looks interesting though:hmm:

Me and my wee sister ahh did our own dialogue for Tales of Symphonia...we eroticised all of it:p

I just don't get how absolutely stupid the characters were, Lloyd may have been normal thick but the girl Collete just made me mad:D Plus the whole Angelus Toxicosis thing is definitely up there with one of the silliest things ive ever heard!

G_nis_05.jpg

This one? HIS name is Genis Sage. And since I always have to provide a link to something... enjoy a video of the Gamecube versions Hi-Ougis! (basically their secret moves you can unlock) Genis' is my favorite!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=293igw0Rpw0&search=indignation judgement

Alright, I'm kinda not really sure what to make of this. I don't wanna cast judgement just yet, I'll let my fellow gaming pals make their own opinions on this developement...

*News:

Nintendo Revolution's true name finally revealed
http://revolution.nintendo.com/

Oh boy:|

What smart arse came up with that name:huh:

Why Wii?...I hope they realise how people could make a joke out of that name....

Revolution made Nintendo sound like they were going to do something amazing, where as Wii....well its just Wii:huh:

Well I dunno

Any publicity is good publicity. I think Nintendo is just doing what they're known for doing, sparking debate in gamers and non-gamers alike. Their whole direction for the upcoming generation seems to be taking shape. They are focusing a lot on actually getting people together to play games rather than just sitting in your room by yourself. And while neither of those are better than the other (playing alone or with friends are equally fun), I think it's good that Nintendo is trying to stick to their guns of family fun and togetherness. Nintendo has always gone down its own path so to speak, it's just what they do. They always find some way to make you go "wow" lol.

Yes, I agree the name is a little hard to get used to at first but in the end, for me at least, I've never bought a console simply because of it's name. I think it will obviously get lots of jokes thrown at it, but that's nothing new. Nintendo gets poked fun at in the gaming world in general. Still, it won't stop people that enjoy Nintendo from buying their products, and if it does, then I think they are really missing out on a console that has alot of potential. In addition, it could draw in a demographic that video games haven't touched on yet, who knows.

Weird and original ads and promotions usually spark consumer interest in a product. I think Nintendo is trying to make something that everyone will look at want to try out first-hand or at least want to know a little more about, whether they have played games before or not. I find that commendable. I can see though how some people would be turned off by the name. Wii really should see how the games play though before Wii just cast something aside because it doesn't fit an image. All IMO of course.

It's growing on me, I'm sure Wii will all get used to it.

I thought Revolution was a hit as well. Apparently Nintendo felt that the word revolution was too similar to 360 seeing as both mean relatively the same thing. I can understand why they would choose a short, simple name like Wii, and I have faith that once gamers get past the news, the proof will be in the pudding. E32006 is almost here and we will finally see if Nintendo has what it takes to stay afloat or even better, push up to 2nd or 1st place.

News:

*Famitsu provides a look foward to this years E3, including a poll taken of Japanese developers.
http://revolution.ign.com/articles/703/703515p1.html

Some things to note in the article:
-Famitsu polled gamers and software makers about their interest at E3. Both parties were most interested in Nintendo's new hardware. 47.4% of software makers and 45.3% of gamers expressed interest in Revolution. This topped PlayStation 3, which got 36.8% of the developer vote and 44.8% of the gamer vote. The remaining 15.8% of developers didn't respond to the question. For users, 4.4% selected Xbox 360 with 5.5% selecting "other hardware." The magazine did not reveal the number of participants in the survey.
-Developers were also asked to reveal how many secret titles they have planned to unveil at the show. Of the 19 companies polled, 12 revealed that they have undisclosed titles to show, with two listing no secrets for the show and 5 giving no response. Of those with secret titles to show, 5 companies stated that at least one of the secret titles is for Revolution. PS3 and PSP were each listed by 2 companies, with GameCube, PS2 and DS getting one company each. Five companies had secret titles whose hardware they would not confirm with the magazine.

Ooh let your imagination run wild as to what secret games will be released for Wii. Here is the current list of what is rumored at the moment:

Elebits (screenshot of concept art in an earlier post of mine, scroll up)
NiGHTS
Pikmin 3
Red Steel
Mario 128
Kid Icarus
Super Smash Bros.
Hideo Kojima Game (the man who created the MGS series)
Madden 2007
Suda 51 Game (the people who brought you Killer 7)
Metroid Prime 3
New Miyamoto IP (as in Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of Donkey Kong, Mario, and Zelda. My personal God)
Super Monkey Ball
Bob Ross: The Joy Of Painting (oh I'm dead serious, and find this awesome)
Hudson Flight Game
Square-Enix MMORPG
Zelda: Twilight Princess (while not a Wii game, it will be released in conjunction I believe)
Sega Shooting/FPS game
Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Budokai 2
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicals
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (pwn'd)

News:

*Latest numbers from Media Create, this time it's hardware:
http://www.m-create.com/jpn/s_ranking.html

1. Nintendo DS Lite - 168,809
2. PSP - 32,323
3. PS2 - 25,763
4. Gameboy Micro - 18,390
5. GBA SP - 11,044
6. Nintendo DS - 8,051
7. Xbox 360 - 3,990
8. Gamecube - 1,106
9. GBA - 58
10. Xbox - 16

DS killing once again. The PSP with a strong showing, pushing pst is bigger brother the PS2.

The gamelist for Wii looks good...if even half of those games are released at laucnh it will probably blow the xbox away.

I wonder what Mr Kojima is up to:hmm:

I hope to God there will be another Zone of Enders..i love them too much...coolest games ever, though the 2nd Runner was an obvious improvement over the first...the tie-in anime was pretty great as well.

catlhere said:
The first DS Zelda game has finally been annonced. Phantom Hourglass brings the WinkWaker's cel-shaded look back, this time on a handheld. Here is the trailer. Check out the cool new way to control Link's Boomerang.

Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass Trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dzbr-8xtYo

Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess Gameplay-
Part 1(Tauro Village)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RteZSP96jms
Part 2 (Horseback Riding/Bridge Battle)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBr4C2FE7QA
Part 3 (Forest Temple)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE5MLCx0xAY

Enjoy!
Yes a Zelda is coming to DS, here are the links i provided earlier so you don't have to look back at the posts! I also kept the TP link in the quote in case anyone missed some of the gameplay. Enjoy! Can't wait for both titles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom