Game of Thrones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frickin' Joffrey

the episode was sort of mellow, caught between setting up the stories I'm assuming will drive Season 2, and wrapping up the loose ends of Season 1. What was the deal with the Dothraki that were still sticking around Daenerys?

Man, the Night's Watch are really the League of Dorks. Yeah guys, you said an oath. Words!

tumblr_lmyj8iNh9z1qlxit6

Agreed about the final scene. Really great moment. We got the triumphant return of Dany's bare boobs AND baby dragons!

It was well done, I thought. The whole episode, really, considering they had a lot to wrap up and set-up.

I already miss Westeros. :(

Thank the 7 the next book comes out soon.

Link

The season finale of "Game of Thrones" drew record numbers for the series, with 3.9 million total viewers tuning in to the two broadcasts of the episode, HBO said.

The 9 p.m. airing drew 3 million viewers -- a high point for the series, and a 37 percent boost over the series premiere -- while the 11:15 showing grabbed an additional 876,000 viewers.

HBO said "Thrones" has averaged a gross audience of 8.3 million total viewers per week with DVR and HBO on Demand viewings included.

:up:

I have no idea what normal HBO series numbers are like to compare. I assume these were good?

I have no idea what normal HBO series numbers are like to compare. I assume these were good?

Yeah, me neither. They were good enough so that HBO didn't cancel it off the bat, though, and its ratings have grown over the course of the season so that sounds good to me.

It's definitely popular, and quickly became sort of the new "cool" show of the season. A few of the other message boards/pop culture-related sites that I visit (but don't post on) are very big on the show, as there are tons of discussions about it and Game of Thrones avatars, etc. Also note how the whole "THEY KILLED NED!" thing became a bit of a water cooler moment. It kind of reminds me of when True Blood first showed up and it was the hot, new thing. People like their fun, well-produced, sex and violence filled HBO dramas on a Sunday night in the summer.

I think Game of Thrones has a bunch of momentum right now and will likely be on air for at least four or five seasons, or probably for as long as the creators/producers want it to be on. That's my prediction. And I'm usually right. About everything.

Depends on how long the cast members have been signed for. If contract negotiations come up at some point, the show could become too expensive to produce.

I'm also guessing that things are going to get a lot more effects-heavy as the show progresses, so that ain't gonna help keep the budget small either.

Friends who I would never expect to like it are obsessed with it. While I'm looking forward to more vampire blood and sex this weekend, I think I already love GOT a lot more but maybe that's because I wasn't thrilled with the TB preview.
dragons >>>> faeries

I guess I'll put this in the spoiler

did Kalesi have the witch go in the fire because she had three eggs and needed 3 lives for the 3 dragons to be hatched?

did Kalesi have the witch go in the fire because she had three eggs and needed 3 lives for the 3 dragons to be hatched?

I don't know. But it sounds good to me.

I just thought the witch's life was the price for the dragons to come to life. Since Khal is technically not really *alive, she provided the blood magic. There was no third life on Drogo's pyre.

Did the last episode have any less viewers, with Sean Bean gone ? I hope they pick a good actor for Stannis...lest Peter Dinklage will have to carry the show on his own.

I just thought the witch's life was the price for the dragons to come to life. Since Khal is technically not really *alive, she provided the blood magic. There was no third life on Drogo's pyre.

Did the last episode have any less viewers, with Sean Bean gone ? I hope they pick a good actor for Stannis...lest Peter Dinklage will have to carry the show on his own.

there was the still born baby, I guess not on the fire, I watched again, there was one dragon that was really active, on her shoulder, perhaps that was khal or his spirit?

there was the still born baby, I guess not on the fire, I watched again, there was one dragon that was really active, on her shoulder, perhaps that was khal or his spirit?

The stillborn baby was, I suspect, the price she payed for Drogo's "life". So then the witch pays with her life for the new life, ie the dragons.

If you watch again you will see only one baby dragon is active and aggressive.

I don't know if that means anything, I was thinking maybe a Khal connection.
or maybe I am trying too hard to reunite them.

Speaking of which....almost done with The Prestige...wound up reading another book between starting The Prestige and now, which I never do, but the circumstances were unusual. Angier has just gotten back from Colorado Springs and inherited his family's estate......

Angier's a great magician, or so he will boast.

Alfred Borden is the bloke who hates him the most.

Tesla's got a machine that'll make you a ghost.

Which of these three in hell will roast?

....The Prestige!!!

I wish I had the balls to post some of the shit I wrote that I actually put care, thought or emotion into. Writing fake show jingles in 2 minutes doesn't count. :)

....The Killing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom