Game of Thrones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Really? Why would you be done with the show? You think this is maybe an immediate gut reaction that will settle soon and you'll want to keep watching?

I know they're following the books, but this was just idiotic to me. And while everyone loves Dinklage and Carcetti but I found Ned to be the most interesting character.

:shrug:

I was very surprised when I saw that the biggest name they had tied to the show was someone who was going to die in the first season. It had me a bit nervous for the future of the show before it'd ever got off the ground, but I think it was a necessity to have that name, and allow him to help the show grow into its own and then carry on after he's gone.

But...that's just my feeling from before the season started. I haven't been able to watch the show since episode two. Just waiting for the DVD at this point.

But as for Ned's character, I know when I read the book that I didn't think I was going to be able to ever enjoy the series again because he'd been by far and away my favorite character, but Martin was good at getting in some new POVs as well as shoring up some other characters stories as well to the point that I didn't miss Ned quite so much.

those are pretty much my thoughts, they have done so well with every thing.

I got to believe they can make other characters as compelling, and there is opportunity to introduce new characters a long the way. also, this pretty much cements the blood feud between the houses of Stark and Lannister

can't understand how one could quit this and stay with that weak ass Treme,

I know they're following the books, but this was just idiotic to me. And while everyone loves Dinklage and Carcetti but I found Ned to be the most interesting character.

:shrug:

I don't know, it just seems kind of silly to me. Were you enjoying the series so far? You say Ned was the most interesting character to you, but was he the only interesting character? Were you enjoying the show solely because of Ned's character and Bean's performance? I could see if that was the case then, yeah, stop watching. But I find it hard to believe that the only thing you liked about the show was Ned.

Plus, the death (at least I'm assuming) ignites a complete shitstorm of drama, revenge, and repercussions.

Just seems strange to me to quit a show that's so entertaining and well made, with a huge world and deep cast of characters, based on the death of one. Unless, like I said, you totally had a hard-on for Ned and only Ned.

At the very least you might as well watch the last episode of the season and wrap a tidy bow on it.

Ned was too honorable and way too niave for his own good. Nsw, did you find that whole execution scene not as "epic" as in the book? Thats the first scene in the series so far I found underwhelming... That and the lack of battle scenes which im sure they did due to the budget...

Oh, I've read a book, look at me, I'm from Toronto!

Toronto_Leafs-407x319.jpg

I laughed but I sort of was hoping for that reply. I hope you come to your senses, though, and at least watch this current season end.

Elfa, I think the scene was more epic in the book but I didn't find it to be inadequate or disappointing at all.

The lack of big battle scenes, yeah, doesn't even register with me cos I didn't expect to see them in the first place. Dem shits would just require too much scrilla.

His character is also kicked off the team like 20 minutes into Ronin. He can't ever seem to make it to the end.

Uh, this just in...ironically...the guy is always trying to make an early exit.

Game of Thrones Actor Stabbed While Defending Woman

Sean Bean gets into plenty of skirmishes on Game of Thrones, but the actor shed some real blood Sunday while defending a Playboy model in a bar against a stranger who reportedly made lewd comments toward her.

Bean, 52, was attacked outside a London bar with what appeared to be broken glass after objecting to comments about April Summers, the Telegraph reports.

The actor reportedly suffered a cut to his arm and bruising to his face.

Bean returned to the bar and was treated with first aid. He then ordered another drink, according to the report.

Police were called the scene, but no arrests were made. Bean's daughter Molly told the Telegraph this week, "He's doing fine. We don't know if there will be any lasting injury."

Inspired by this article How "Game of Thrones" slew all comers - Game of Thrones - Salon.com, I started re-watching the series. So many things are clicking during a third viewing (I already watched each episode twice each week), and I'm only on the third episode.

For example: Ned tells Jon Snow in episode two that he'll tell him all about his mother the next time he sees him, and now I know that there will never be a next time. :sad:

It's not that I have nothing better to do, but more that I am procrastinating about a great many things I have to do. :|

how stupid - they should cancel the whole damn series - Ned is still dead!

just kidding,
well Ned is still dead, but he did have a cameo in tionight's episode.

Tonight's finale was on par with the whole season, I am anxious for next season :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom