Game of Thrones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It ain't obvs. This is a one season show at this point, with far more complex issues at play. So far S1 vs S1 is far & away in Game of Thrones favor in my opinion. Especially upon rewatch, my appreciation for what they've done just grows & grows.

Nothing I've seen in Game Of Thrones comes anywhere near the greatness that is "The Wheel".

Good luck on Season 2.

To each their own, second time around with Mad Men tends to try my patience, second time around with Game of Thrones was enriching & brought more of an understanding of just what they had accomplished. It doesn't hurt that there are at least a few characters you can actually like in Game of Thrones.

I'm kind of fickle in what impresses me more, in that I really appreciate small, authentic drama (which is why I love Friday Night Lights so much), but I'm also won over by sheer audacious ambition when it's brought to successful fruition. It's true this show is so big that it's characters do not get as much of a chance to develop as smaller shows, but that all the moving parts work & involve you into the conniving politics of a made up place so much, that's impressive. Though it helps in cases like LOTR & this that the fantasy is a hook to hang relatable struggles, emotion & allegory for me to care versus just straight up crazy fantasy that's completely removed from real life.

In terms of scale, from what we've seen, season 2 looks like it'll make Rome seem low-rent.

Just got this on blu-ray. Not only is the picture and sound incredible, but it's well worth it for the Guide to Westros feature alone. The animated history of the seven kingdoms was awesome.

Best Buy has it on sale for $50. Pick it up if you haven't.

7010419981_0582a1e7e3_z.jpg

link

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

Theon Greyjoy is Lily Allen's little brother!

Wow. Just when I thought it wasn't possible to like this show any more than I already do. One of the main characters on the show is fucking Alfie Allen. A legend. Immortalized in song on the final track of Alright, Still...one of the best debut pop albums of all-time. A legendary stoner.

Man. This is easily the best news I've heard all day. And my basketball team just hired an awesome head coach today so, yeah.

Theon Greyjoy might have just moved into fourth place on my favorite characters list behind Arya, Dany, and Tyrion.

Lily Allen - Alfie [HD stereo] - YouTube

Dammit, I was supposed to have my big fancy new TV before Sunday. :grumpy:

:hyper:

I'm so glad I waited to watch the first season, because now I hardly have to wait to see the second!

In the past few months I converted my best friend to being a fan (we can now share Community & this, if I had no other reasons to call him my best friend, it'd be enough :lol:) & tonight I convinced my mother to check out the first episode & now she's hooked.

Sunday is coming:

I'm going to miss Sunday's episode because of this stupid last minute business trip. I will likely cry through the entire 14 hr flight.

Luckily Delta's longhaul type international flights have what's essentially the same room as business class for domestic flights. At least that's the case with flights to Asia.

It's a 17 hr flight back. :huh:

Actually from behind the scenes interviews it seems a lot of the British actors on the show were toning down their accents, especially the guy that plays Robb. We just tend to think British accents = actorly gravitas / periodness.

To be fair with Lord of the Rings, Middle Earth's history was pretty much created to give Britain the mythology it didn't have like many other cultures in Europe did, so as a takeoff of the British isles the accents work fine. A Song of Ice & Fire seems very European/Mediterranean influenced as well.

What's the alternative? Speak with made-up accents, that'd be hard to create consistency/understanding with. Game of Thrones mixes all kinds of accents together, though the Northern's are obviously much more Northern UK sounding.

Probably not available in South Africa.

Solidarity, :hug:.

I wonder about that though, you don't have to be using your cable provider's internet to access it, you just have to prove you're a subscriber, so I wonder if it will work overseas.

I checked on their website, and it sounds like it's not really available outside of the US & select US territories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom