GAME DAY!!!!!!!!!!! My long awaited trip to see...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
THE VANCOUVER CANUCKS PLAY HERE IN MY NEW HOME CITY!!!!!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Go Canucks!!

*My apologies to the mods if this isn't deserving of its own thread, but to me it is :sexywink:

:laugh:

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Holy crap that was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: It was sooo strange being the minority at a game! I have never seen the Canucks play anywhere other than Vancouver but there were a ton of fans there tonight thank god. It was crazy. When we scored you almost had to second guess yourself because the cheers were so mute, lol. Damn! I had soooo much fun!!!!!!!!!!
Bertuzzi scored and got an assist. Naslund got two goals and an assist and what about King? Holy crap that kid is on fire!!!!

I don't want to go to bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I :heart: my Canucks

Glad you had a fun time! :hyper: I love going to hockey games. I once saw my favorite team, the Red Wings, play in Dallas. It's a hostile environment to go see your team in another city, but it's worth it!

Angel!! I hadn't seen this thread - sorry! I would have posted much sooner if I had. But, anyway, regarding the game...I was there with you in spirit. I watched it on Sportsnet Pacific. I wish I'd known you'd be at the game - I would have looked out for you!

The Canadiens looked tired and flatfooted, but the Canucks sure looked good. The 2nd goal by Naslund...are you kidding me???!! He always scores spectacular goals against the Canadiens, more specifically, Theodore. That guy can sure d-aaa-ngle. What a great diving pass by Morrison to get him the puck, too. That line is amazing.

I've seen the Canadiens in Montreal, too. Seeing a hockey game there is quite the experience, isn't it? It's almost a french carnival atmosphere. People playing violins, the crowd always involved. What a great hockey city...maybe the best.

Glad you had fun! :)

Oh, forgot to ask: What did you think of the Canucks' vintage uniforms? I think I like those ones better than the vintage home whites they used last week. The colours are very West Coast. :cool:

:wave: YAY!! You posted! First re. the uniforms I totally agree. The blue was beautiful and I have to say that Montreal's vintage uniforms were awesome too, way better than their present day ones.

The game was awesome. The first two periods were pretty intense but the Canucks were definately the dominating team. It was still nerve racking though. I couldn't believe that line, they were on fire! I wish I had tomorrow's game televised here. I am a junky and never get my fix! :scream: I should have pictures to post soon!!! :happy:

LOVE my Canucks!!

Last edited:
Oh I also agree about Montreal being a super hockey town. It is very much a carnaval atmosphere at the Bell Centre. There is so much going on all the time I think people go just for the fun of the experience sometimes rather than to watch hockey! lol
It was all about the game for me last night... and may I add, LOVE how much they play U2 at hockey games. :sexywink: Goodtimes.

Yeah, I see the Canadiens ripped off the Canucks by playing 'Streets' during he warm up. The Canucks use a looped mix of the original with no vocal, however. The Canadiens use a live mix, I think. Maybe the superbowl half time show? Do you know? If the Canadiens start using 'The National Anthem' by Radiohead during their pre-game light show, then I will start to wonder if they truly are ripping off the Canucks.

I also heard a lot of U2 songs during the game, which is always cool. 'Desire' and 'Elevation' come to mind.

haha! the was the first thing I said to my friend when "Streets" came on, I was like 'hey!! they are ripping off the Canucks!!' :laugh: Oh well. It wasn't a live version and it wasn't the looped one the Canucks use during playoffs it was just plain old "Streets". Before that though they played a remix of "Beautiful Day" :D ... and yeah they played "Desire" and "Elevation". Four songs at one game. Good job. :up:

I didn't take this picture obviously, *care of the Canucks.com* but it's an awesome picture. I'll have mine to share tomorrow. :wink:

goal_b.jpg

[enter girlie moment here] :drool: Bertuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzi [/end of girlie moment]

Man, those unies are sharp. Gotta' love them! The look of dismay on the faces in the crowd... that one woman looks like she's a very proud Habs fan. She's like, "Look away, look away, 'tis just another goal, nothing to fret over, we're the habs, we're the best, look away, look away..." Too much!

PS. Did you know the stick inside the rink of the vintage jersey is actually supposed to also look like a "C"? To me, if you're going to look at it that way, it looks more like the mouth and frontal body of a whale! Which actually is highly appropriate, haha.

:laugh: Of course I knew it was a C! What do you take me for? lol Hard core Canucks fan only here. LMAO at the whale! And yeah, that woman looks unbeaten. What about the dude beside her? He looks like he's booing and hexing the Canucks. They are loyal those Habs people.

Haha, well, of course I knew you knew... I was just, uhm, kind of...using you as a vehicle to get my point across to those who don't know! :shifty:

Back to the picture... yeah, that guy kind of looks like he's casting some ancient Montreal spells on the Canucks... those Habs fans, what a scary lot! See the hands coming down from above holding the bag of Doritos? Well, those aren't Doritos. There's actually a Markus Naslund voodoo doll in there, I'm sure. You can just tell by the way he's holding them...full of rapture. The girl below him is in some sort of a trance. Habs fans... You can never be too safe.

Last edited:

I was sitting by this kid last night who was there with his mom and brothers who were all Habs fans... a few minutes into the game I said to my friend 'I think this little guy is a Canucks fan.' She's like no way, you think? A few minutes later we scored :D The little dude jumped to his feet alongside me sure enough cheering for our boys. :applaud: Way to go against the majority! That was awesome!

Angel said:

I was sitting by this kid last night who was there with his mom and brothers who were all Habs fans... a few minutes into the game I said to my friend 'I think this little guy is a Canucks fan.' She's like no way, you think? A few minutes later we scored :D The little dude jumped to his feet alongside me sure enough cheering for our boys. :applaud: Way to go against the majority! That was awesome!
Really? That *is* awesome! Must be the unies! (They really are fab. :wink: )

i was at the nucks-sens game last nite.

they looked good until ottawa turned it on late in the second, which has become habit of late for them.

ill also be at tommorow nites leafs-sens game. one of the best regional rivalries going over the last 3 or 4 years.

Yeah, the Canucks looked flat footed last night. They were playing their 4th game in 6 nights, on the tail end of a long East Coast swing. They didn't play their usual game. They were playing more of a patient game, not as heavy on the forecheck and weren't hitting as much as usual. They were lucky Cloutier bailed them out, because it was an ugly effort. Bertuzzi played his worst game of the year, not only giving the puck away which led to the 2nd Ottawa goal, but also being quite invisible for the most part. Good thing Vancouver's not a "one line team," or we would have been in trouble :wink:. I was hoping for both teams to come out flying throughout the entire game. It could have been the best game of the year. Do they play again this year? I don't think so.

Michael Griffiths said:
Do they play again this year? I don't think so.

No, not until March 13th if you can believe. :huh:

So........ who wants to see pictures? :wink: Even though they all pretty much suck :| Too dark... blurry meh. I also have Halloween pics of me as a Canuck, lol Oh dear god.....

:sexywink: My World Cup Hockey tickets just came in the mail today. Canada vs. USA Aug31. and Canada vs. Slovakia Sept.01 2004. :hyper:

I am sure I will regret this... especially once Chizip sees them

Halloween excitement for the upcoming game:
33938%3B5523232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2327%3D494%3D8%3A6%3DXROQDF%3E232347656%3C369ot1lsi

Pre game warm up:
33938%3B5523232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2327%3D494%3D8%3A6%3DXROQDF%3E2323476573633ot1lsi

Game on!
33938%3B5523232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2327%3D494%3D8%3A6%3DXROQDF%3E2323476573649ot1lsi

Nice seats eh? :sexywink:
33938%3B5523232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2327%3D494%3D8%3A6%3DXROQDF%3E2323476573466ot1lsi

Face off!
33938%3B5523232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2327%3D494%3D8%3A6%3DXROQDF%3E232347657346%3Bot1lsi

Haha! Bruit! Bruit! Bruit!
33938%3B5523232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2327%3D494%3D8%3A6%3DXROQDF%3E2323476573487ot1lsi

We win!!
33938%3B5523232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2327%3D494%3D8%3A6%3DXROQDF%3E23234765734%3B2ot1lsi

As it should be... 5 - 2
33938%3B5523232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2327%3D494%3D8%3A6%3DXROQDF%3E232347657476%3Aot1lsi

*notice all the Stanely Cup pennants? :shocked: Montreal used to be quite a team.......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom