Funny, interesting, unusual things that have happened to you thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
omg:lmao:

the wal-greens story LOL!!! but ewww gross!

Oh that reminds me...

I was 6 months pregnant when we went to Hawaii...well during pregnancy I'd get car sick...After drinking a HUGE fruit smoothie we were riding around Honolulu...I puked right in the middle of the busiest street in the city:crazy: juice everywhere!! I even puked in a walmart bag and filled it almost completely..and NO ONE NOTICED ME:lmao: thank god..I'm a very discreet vomiter.

my poor mom on the other hand got car sick on this dirt road with NO houses on it in the middle of no where new hampshire...anyway as she is throwing up in the woods there is this old man standing there watching her:lmao: where he came from I have NO idea.

* A professional baseball player once told me that I would get fat if I kept eating pizza. His name was Cecil Fielder.

* I once had a 5 minute conversation with Chet Lemon and I thought he was a bat boy the entire time.

* I have been to Kirk Gibson's house, but I was so nervous I barely talked the entire time.

* I was once punched in the face by a girl with downs syndrome as we fought over a batting practice homerun ball.

* I have been naked in front of a crowd of 83 people.

* I once fell out of a tree from around 35 ft , landed on a dog house, and didn't break a thing.

* I was once hit by a car so hard that it ripped on leg of my jeans completely off. My boxers were hanging by the last piece of elastic.

* I was almost arrested for smuggling as I entered South Africa because custom agents found my (future) wife's engagement ring in a hidden pocket I had around my waist.

i once set the el monte airport on fire with illegal fireworks.

i once lived in a house that was used for smuggling illegal aliens for slavery. i had always wondered why there were extra locks on every door. the ex never mentioned this to me until after the fact. freakin a-hole...

police found bricks of weed under the same house. twice in the same year.

im so glad i moved.

Last edited:
Carek1230 said:

*My sister & I helped our cat deliver kittens on the 4th of July when we were 12 & 10 & we named them Yankee, Doodle, Dandy & Uncle Sam

That reminds me...I had a cat that got preggy when i was about 10. I didn't know when the conception took place (or who the father was), but I predicted she would have kittens on July 3rd.

And she did. She went into labor on July 2nd; 24 hours later she still was in labor. (I know it's common for human women to be in labor even longer than that, but i don't know what's typical for cats.) This was when my family lived in a fairly rural area in central Africa. The closest veteranarian was in another town. We radioed him and he said to do a C-section. Fortunately, my dad was an OB/GYN (for humans) and also had some experience fixing cats, including females. So he did a C-section AND a hysterectomy on that cat on July 3rd (I think it was 1994).

Fortunately, our cat survived. Unfortunately, the kittens didn't.

I murdered Julius Caesar. Wait, did you mean in <i>this</i> life?

Seriously now:

I watched while a 600 pound guy was being cremated.

I once was repeatedly attacked by a bird at the university. I ran and ran, trying to get away, but it kept chasing me. It's eyes were eeeevil. :eek:

I was a haircut model for those pictures you see hanging in salons when i was 14.

I haven't eaten any pork products in 17 years.

At 17, I had my daughter at home on my bed with NO drugs or anesthesia, and was in hard labor for 1 1/2 days.

My dad was a musician and when i was little we (my sisters and I) got to hang with Lou Rawls, Peter Tork (from the Monkees),
Jan & Dean, Peter Lawford, and Sonny Bono.
My father was friends with Frank Sinatra.

Bono tried to 'steal' my sharpie when i met him after a concert.
We talked for about 2-3 minutes and my ex-husband and I had to actually suggest he move on to the other waiting fans.

I beat the school bully up.

I took care of one of the heiresses to the Holsum Bread Bakery,
and her husband, he was one of the very few people to put stock in Boeing.
They were extremely wealthy.

Adam and I had our faces 3 inches from one another for almost 1 minute.
I should have kissed him.

I had the tip of my ring finger severed off when i was 14.

I was almost murdered by a home intruder when i was 15.

I was constantly mistaken for Valerie Bertinelli when i was younger.
People even insisted i was lying.

Bono told me a secret, and made me promise not to tell until he was sure it was going to happen...
that secret was that they were going to play Slane Castle.

I am friends with a famous San Diego DJ.

My parents both died on the same day, but 28 years apart.

I know and worked for the man who helped capture Che Gevara (ms?).

I was a Jehovah Witness for 17 years.
Yea, i know, what happened to me.

annie_vox said:
A few weeks ago, a guy that was walking by in the midle of the afternoon just vomited on the street, got a tissue to clean his mouth and then contued his walk like nothing had happened... And yes, he was by my side...

Another random vomit story :wink:

I went to an all day outdoor music festival on Saturday and while I was being squashed to death by the crowd and trying to avoid being shoved into a violent mosh pit, I looked at the guy in front of me and realized he was vomiting INTO A WATER BOTTLE! :ohmy: :yuck:

It was probably the most disgusting thing I've seen in my entire life because he filled up the bottle but also missed it a lot and ended up covered in vomit. He was wiping it on his clothes and then he just tossed the bottle down where it immediately got stepped on by everyone around him.

The stench was so bad, we had to give up our spot and watch the rest of the show from the edge of the crowd. :madwife:

night_and_day66 said:

At 17, I had my daughter at home on my bed with NO drugs or anesthesia, and was in hard labor for 1 1/2 days.

:crazy: :bow:

I won't ever complain about my 17 hours without drugs during labor delivering my first kid. Mine was a cake walk compared to you.

night_and_day66 said:
Bono tried to 'steal' my sharpie when i met him after a concert.
We talked for about 2-3 minutes and my ex-husband and I had to actually suggest he move on to the other waiting fans.

Adam and I had our faces 3 inches from one another for almost 1 minute.
I should have kissed him.

Bono told me a secret, and made me promise not to tell until he was sure it was going to happen...
that secret was that they were going to play Slane Castle.

not that this are the most interesting but you should brag about this at PLEBA you'll be worshipped or lynched

could you elaborate on the one about Che Guevara please...

My story is equal parts sad & funny. While walking downtown with my dog today, I noticed a guy sitting in the doorway of a store with a homemade sign. He was asking for money. That's the sad part. The sign read: "Family Killed by Ninjas Overseas...Need Money for Karate Lessons." I guess he's worried he could be next :wink:

Mofo said:

not that this are the most interesting but you should brag about this at PLEBA you'll be worshipped or lynched

I drool in my own way..i think I've been to pleba 5 times since I've been a member, i really don't feel the need to start now.

could you elaborate on the one about Che Guevara please...

Sure, i worked for Mr. B. for 2 + years in his Tropical Palms business.
In his office, he has several photos of a man in handcuffs with a bunch of military men surrounding him.
I saw that photo for 2 years, not knowing who or what was happening, (i never wanted to ask).
One day in the office, his daughter, (whom i nannied for) asked me if i knew who Che Guevara was, i replied yes,
and she then pointed out her father in 2 of the photos as one of the men holding a gun to Che's stomach.

I knew that this family has 'mob' connections, and that they deal in more than just plants...
so even though it made me sick, it wasn't a complete surprise.

BTW if anyone is ever looking to buy any palm trees from Lowes or Home Depot...
don't buy the brand that starts with a 'B'.
And if i end up missing, look for my body in the wood chip section of either store.

mdw3935 said:

:crazy: :bow:

I won't ever complain about my 17 hours without drugs during labor delivering my first kid. Mine was a cake walk compared to you.

Any birth is painful. I still sympathize.
I was so out of it.
I did leave out though that i was in 'soft' labor for a day and a half prior to the 'hard' labor.
Come to find out why was that her elbow was stuck in my pelvic bone.

ouch.

I haven't vomited in over eight years, and now I have developed a phobia of it

I had a tooth growing about half a centimetre above my two front teeth for sixteen years that I never knew about

So many crazy stories here :lol:

Once, after mixing up a red velvet cake, the mixer slipped out of my hand and landed on my big toe, breaking it.
My sister has had equally bad luck with domestic chores. Her vacuum cleaner fell over on her big toe and broke it.

When I was 13, my friends and I broke into the National Guard armory near my house. We got past two different barbed wire fences, and were in the area where they keep the tanks and other military vehicles. So much for national security.

hmm not unusual but I have a lot of stories, yet im drawing a blank:hmm:

Once I caught my younger brothers smoking, they were about 7-8 years old, so I blackmailed them, and had personal slaves for a few weeks.

there was one time I was ditching school (one of MANY) and when the school narks saw me and myu friend they litterally chased us through the near by neighborhoods, we jumped fences and walls and I hid a a parked car ect..WHAT A GREAT RUSH that was :)

angelordevil said:
"Family Killed by Ninjas Overseas...Need Money for Karate Lessons." I guess he's worried he could be next :wink:

haha, that's cute

I have climbed a volcano

I once ran around a foreign city catching baby puffins, and then I threw them in the ocean the next day

I hung out backstage at an Alien Ant Farm concert and played Joe Hill's guitar

My mom once went crazy and thought God was talking to her and that these chosen people, the Seven, were going to prepare for Jesus or something...one of these Seven was Bono :huh:

My dad was friends with Conan O'Brien in college. Also, my dad looks like Kevin Bacon.

that's really all i can think of at the moment, i guess my life isn't that exciting

When I was 11 or 12 I saw a dead body lying beside the road in Boston.

I once saved my dogs life by reaching down his throat and pulling out the bone he was choking on.

I cannot think...

I'll go again:

I can bend my thumbs backward 90 degrees without pushing on them.

My cat has Hemmingway thumbs. He is a major clutz and rarely jumps up. He uses his "hands" and pulls himself up. I should have named him Toonces.

One time i was palying rough with a different cat and he was on his back. I rubbed his belly and he spray-farted onto my face.

Tim

I've fainted at work a couple of times. According to onlookers one time I fell forward and clunked my head on the computer, bounced back and donged myself on the wall, then crumpled. All I remember is the all too familiar feeling of "uh oh, fainted again" and customers gathered around me. It happened 7 years ago and one lady still comes and asks me if I'm OK:ohmy:

I have had a broken finger for eight years, and have never had it healed. I don't know why. I don't know if it's still broken. But it's crooked.

Ok I lived thru a gnarly car accident. I was riding a bike and a car going 55+ hit me from the side, my body smashed in the windsheild of the car and was then thrown over the top of the car where I landed in the street behind the car. All the witnesses said there was no way I should have survived what they saw. The bike was found far away in a ditch and was just a crumpled ball of metal. :ohmy:

* I ate a caterpillar when I was 2 :yuck:

* I actually suffer from a horrible case of Vertigo :(

* I met Eddie Vedder and he held my hand as we talked and he gave me a flower in Hawaii! :cute: I love that man!

*I used to abuse Nyquil when I was a teen to help me sleep.

*I was diagnose as having insomnia when I was a teen and no longer needed Nyquil!!

*I'm pretty sure I saw a UFO when I was 12 but nobody believes me. I saw it on the corn fields from my house. :scratch:

*My friend and I forgot to pay for the bill today at an Apple Bee's. We just walked out not thinking until we got home! Ooops!:shame:

* I'm addicted to traveling.

* I saw Pearl Jam 26 times last year alone. :reject:

Last edited:
When I was a senior in HS

I was on my way to my 5th period class and my all time crush would always walk in the same direction, so as I turned around there she was with her friend laughing behind me, because my genius friend put on this sticker behind my back that said "madly in love with(my crushes name)". Then once I looked at her she gave me this weird disgusted look and I think she tried to avoid me ever since.

she was really HOT. That's why I feel like I should just kept that thought in my head instead:( I never had toe guts to talk to her either..........

Last edited:
hmm...I should have some things to add to this..

* I ate my brothers collection of 4 leaf clovers in revenge because he forced me to eat grass.. I should have the best luck..i dont...

* I own a pet skunk

* I wrecked a utility 4 wheeler and came out unhurt despite being thrown over the front and having it land on my back..not 2 months after having surgery on my knee..I had to roll it off of me to get out from being trapped under it..it didnt shut off like the safety is supposed to..the docs were astonished I survived and wasnt burnt..and unharmed

*2 weeks later I wrecked the same 4wheeler again trying to get it out of a sand pit my nephew backed it into..I ended up backing it into a 6foot whole that a silo used to be in..i rode it out as they pulled it out with a pickup

* ive witnessed many accidents and have a strange coincidence that when ever me and my mum go to a festival, fair, or concert someone passes out or has a heart attack and we always have to help them..hopefully this wont be the case at the Modest Mouse concert in August

* in september it is likely I will be the youngest student to attend the Cincinnati college of mortuary college

* ive bottle fed a baby black bear, black panther, liger, tiger, lion, chimp, kangaroo and other monkeys and animals

* i put dead fish in the heaters of my high school for revenge

* my family and friends broke into kings island because they rejected our tickets because it was a special entry day..they chased us..we hid in the trees and changed or looks around..then had a fab day

* im always being mistaken as a guy..grr

i have more interesting things but i cant think :wink:

A bird flew into the windsheild of my car once, and when I told my mom about it that night on the phone, the exact same thing had happened to her that day, it's the only time that has happened to either of us. It freaked us out.

Back
Top Bottom