Fukuoka, Japan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like what feels like the rest of this entire bloody country, they produce shiraz. Though it's best known for its whites, specifically its semillon. I really should get some Hunter semillon to refresh my memory.

Part of the problem for me is that I don't get the opportunity to drive around vineyards and taste their wines. In New Zealand, Dad will take me around and it's always a good time. We'll often go back to places when they have a new vintage, etc., etc. Australia, it's just what I buy on a whim in the store, and I try not to spend much money, hence I don't end up drinking much wine.

I'm intimidated by the prospect of travel, for some reason. But I really should do a trip, I know ...

You're being too hard on us, we make other stuff too. :(

Yeah, well I can coincide those last two paragraphs here - if you come to Adelaide, we can go on a wine bash in Fleurieu. :) I get where you're coming from though, it can be difficult and you don't want to put too many ducats away there. And for the trip, I was pretty intimidated going to Melbourne, but it was worth it. Of course, it's your choice, but for me it would be great before Tafe starts, and before my brother comes back, and after I come back from Australia's Texas + beaches.

You're being too hard on us, we make other stuff too. :(

Yeah, well I can coincide those last two paragraphs here - if you come to Adelaide, we can go on a wine bash in Fleurieu. :) I get where you're coming from though, it can be difficult and you don't want to put too many ducats away there. And for the trip, I was pretty intimidated going to Melbourne, but it was worth it. Of course, it's your choice, but for me it would be great before Tafe starts, and before my brother comes back, and after I come back from Australia's Texas + beaches.

You wouldn't know it from some of the bottleshops here!

That would be awesome. I really want to do it. I'm just not sure after my last trip over Christmas. I wonder how seriously U-Wen would entertain coming along.

'Tis quiet tonight. I don't just mean here either.

I do hope that RAH gets no votes at all in Survivor and I can eliminate second place. And I hope multiple albums are tied for that. I don't want to pass judgement on the new voting method after less than a round, but I'm not feeling good about it - however, I'd like to see it through the tournament, so a multiple elimination would hurry that up. And get us to interesting parts quicker.

You wouldn't know it from some of the bottleshops here!

That would be awesome. I really want to do it. I'm just not sure after my last trip over Christmas. I wonder how seriously U-Wen would entertain coming along.

Hah, I have a far idea, even though I usually avoid the lion's share of wine sections at bottle-o's.

Yeah, I'm cool with that. Give me an update if you've got some major feelings about it, of course. :)

Honestly, unless there's a multiple elimination, the next round is going to be really boring.

So, upon looking at Joy Division guitar tabs, it seems their songs tend towards the easy end of the spectrum to play. I suspected this would be the case. Awesome.

well said. The rest (Bono and the rest) knew exactly what he, and Queen, had just done. They stole it and ego came into play. Shows how far charity for some people goes. Yes, yes, give to charity as long I dont get outperformed on stage... I mean no disease is as important as my singing career. Plus this Mercury guy is gay... his gayness might rub off on me... oh the horror, screw this benefit concert... im Bono damn it!!!!

Sometimes I love Youtube comments.

well said. The rest (Bono and the rest) knew exactly what he, and Queen, had just done. They stole it and ego came into play. Shows how far charity for some people goes. Yes, yes, give to charity as long I dont get outperformed on stage... I mean no disease is as important as my singing career. Plus this Mercury guy is gay... his gayness might rub off on me... oh the horror, screw this benefit concert... im Bono damn it!!!!

Sometimes I love Youtube comments.

Bono lives in fear of showGAYship.

The Twenty Four Hours bass rocks me so hard. The rest of the song does too (remember my tattoo suggestion last night and shit) but that bass is like NO WAY. It's pretty good.

*looks*

I dunno what tied notes are, but it looks doable, if I ignore all the bits of notation I don't understand :D

The real question is, can you learn the entire song? :wink:

The whole song should be easy.

I think I could do New Dawn Fades as well. The intro, my favourite part, is piss-easy.

How do you fancy writing your own bass part? I think I came up with a song last night. :laugh:

The whole song should be easy.

I think I could do New Dawn Fades as well. The intro, my favourite part, is piss-easy.

How do you fancy writing your own bass part? I think I came up with a song last night. :laugh:

I don't think I know that song...

I'm honestly not at all confident about coming up with a bass part that's not boring and Adam-esque (she says while listening to Please. Sorry Adam, I take some of that back). I don't know enough about music to know where to go aside from root notes. :reject:
(Yes, I suppose I could spend hours and hours mucking about until I stumbled across something...)

I said that "So this is permanence" would make a great tattoo, for at least two reasons.

Also, your avatar! :love: Ax also drew shoegazers and a Corinthian helmet in mine.

That is indeed an awesome tattoo idea.

Sweet! :up:
I daresay more thought went into these Worst Cards Evar than went into some presents received by people I know.

I don't think I know that song...

I'm honestly not at all confident about coming up with a bass part that's not boring and Adam-esque (she says while listening to Please. Sorry Adam, I take some of that back). I don't know enough about music to know where to go aside from root notes. :reject:
(Yes, I suppose I could spend hours and hours mucking about until I stumbled across something...)

It's only the best song on Unknown Pleasures. :tsk:

Psh! You know more about music than I do. I just fool around creating crap. I came up with this stuff at about 5am in the morning. I enjoy playing it, but I bet anybody who knows anything would say it's dreadful.

Ouch, my fingers are starting to hurt. Seems the time in Queensland allowed my fingers to soften. Doesn't help that part of what I came up with features this repeatedly:

B -0h1p0h1/3-0h1p0h1/3-

I swear it sounds like something I've heard before, actually, but I just can't place it.

And now I'm going to eat cereal at midnight. WHAT A LIFE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom