Fucking, Austria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Looked at a painting of a cow relieving itself.

Uhm, awesome?

Y'know the funny thing is, Melbourne's full of weird arty stuff like that... sculptures everywhere. It feels like the Docklands were set out by a Mr. Sculptureville Abstract McCrazy.

Axver said:

It's the next step after Kyoto. Get rid of 6am-10am. There goes the morning peak hour, and with it, shitloads of pollution!

Who's with me on this?

"What do we want?!"
"NO MORNINGS!"
"When do we want them?!"
"NEVER!"

Has a certain ring to it... :hmm:

major_panic said:

Uhm, awesome?

Y'know the funny thing is, Melbourne's full of weird arty stuff like that... sculptures everywhere. It feels like the Docklands were set out by a Mr. Sculptureville Abstract McCrazy.

:lol:

We figured out Ali's weird sculpture doohickey near Crown is most likely a flower.

We looked around some of the art gallery before they shooed us out. There was some cool stuff there, including various ancient Egyptian and Roman items. When they shooed us out, we were looking through the 17th-18th century European paintings, including the painting I just mentioned - in one corner, you can see a cow relieving itself. It's ... so random.

I also got spectacularly ripped off for water at the art gallery. $3 for a 250mL bottle! COME ON. But I needed something to keep me alive ...

major_panic said:

"What do we want?!"
"NO MORNINGS!"
"When do we want them?!"
"NEVER!"

Has a certain ring to it... :hmm:

You bring the loudspeaker; I'll start on the banners now. This will be the most memorable protest since ... the Eureka stockade? Except without the whole rebellion component. Unless they try to lengthen mornings. In which case, they die.

Axver said:

:lol:

We figured out Ali's weird sculpture doohickey near Crown is most likely a flower.

We looked around some of the art gallery before they shooed us out. There was some cool stuff there, including various ancient Egyptian and Roman items. When they shooed us out, we were looking through the 17th-18th century European paintings, including the painting I just mentioned - in one corner, you can see a cow relieving itself. It's ... so random.

I also got spectacularly ripped off for water at the art gallery. $3 for a 250mL bottle! COME ON. But I needed something to keep me alive ...

Did you see the flame towers at Crown? Those things are amazingly cool. I've seen them emit balls of flame.

$3 for a 250ml water bottle? Damn. That... sucks. And I can't think of anything witty to say about that.

Axver or Maj. Panic: Do either of you have a good version of Please live (preferably Popmart 4th leg)?

phillyfan26 said:
Axver or Maj. Panic: Do either of you have a good version of Please live (preferably Popmart 4th leg)?

The Sarajevo performance from 23 September 1997 really does own all.

Axver said:

You bring the loudspeaker; I'll start on the banners now. This will be the most memorable protest since ... the Eureka stockade? Except without the whole rebellion component. Unless they try to lengthen mornings. In which case, they die.

Stuff the Eureka Stockade, we'll go for bigger than the French Revolution. We'll blockade Swanston Street or something, wave a huge red flag just cause it looks cool, and doze on the barricade.

major_panic said:

Did you see the flame towers at Crown? Those things are amazingly cool. I've seen them emit balls of flame.

$3 for a 250ml water bottle? Damn. That... sucks. And I can't think of anything witty to say about that.

Yeah, I've seen them before. When I first visited Melbourne in 2003, I had a great time watching them. They seem considerably less active these days. No flames while we were there, but we left before it got dark.

Yeah, way to gouge a captive market. Pricks. Lesson learnt: bring your own bottle of water.

major_panic said:
Stuff the Eureka Stockade, we'll go for bigger than the French Revolution. We'll blockade Swanston Street or something, wave a huge red flag just cause it looks cool, and doze on the barricade.

Let's just move our rooms to the middle of Swanston Street and stage a sleep-until-11am-a-thon.

phillyfan26 said:

The Sarajevo performance is great. The Israel one, from memory, is also pretty good. And that's all I've listened to in terms of Popmart boots.

phillyfan26 said:
Wouldn't Bono's vocals be shit on that, though?

It's easily the most intense, emotional performance of the song ever. No competition.

Axver said:

Yeah, I've seen them before. When I first visited Melbourne in 2003, I had a great time watching them. They seem considerably less active these days. No flames while we were there, but we left before it got dark.

Yeah, way to gouge a captive market. Pricks. Lesson learnt: bring your own bottle of water.

I always carry a bottle of water around when travelling. I simply refuse to pay for something that is, and should always be, relatively free (relatively cause we do pay utility bills).

Axver said:

It's easily the most intense, emotional performance of the song ever. No competition.

Do you think you can send that one my way? It's been my favorite live U2 song for a while thanks to the Sao Paulo and Santiago versions.

Axver said:

Let's just move our rooms to the middle of Swanston Street and stage a sleep-until-11am-a-thon.

Sounds good to me. We should start a group at uni, I'm sure we'd get ridiculous amounts of support.

major_panic said:

I always carry a bottle of water around when travelling. I simply refuse to pay for something that is, and should always be, relatively free (relatively cause we do pay utility bills).

I forgot to fill my bottle of water before I left. :mad:

I thought it still had a decent amount of water in it from Saturday, but no, only a few drops. And warm, of course. I like my water cold. By which I mean, any colder and it would be ice.

phillyfan26 said:

Do you think you can send that one my way? It's been my favorite live U2 song for a while thanks to the Sao Paulo and Santiago versions.

I can, no worries, unless Ax has done it already. Did you get the 18min Bad?

phillyfan26 said:

It's on its way. :)

major_panic said:

Sounds good to me. We should start a group at uni, I'm sure we'd get ridiculous amounts of support.

:lol: I don't doubt it. It would quickly become one of the most popular clubs on campus. We'd be heroes.

Axver said:

I forgot to fill my bottle of water before I left. :mad:

I thought it still had a decent amount of water in it from Saturday, but no, only a few drops. And warm, of course. I like my water cold. By which I mean, any colder and it would be ice.

Ahh ok. The thing about really cold water for me is that I have fairly sensitive teeth, or gums.

And I'll try sending Bad again, PFan. Seeing as how Ax has sent Please.

Axver: what is Bono singing over the end of One Tree Hill that you sent me? It sounds like he's making that all up.

major_panic said:

I can, no worries, unless Ax has done it already. Did you get the 18min Bad?

I suspect you mean 16:16 Bad. That's the longest performance of the song; the longest performance of any U2 song ever is the 16:45 version of 40 on 31 January 1985 in Cologne.

major_panic said:
And I'll try sending Bad again, PFan. Seeing as how Ax has sent Please.

It won't work. I'm pretty sure his e-mail rejects anything over 10MB.

Axver said:

:lol: I don't doubt it. It would quickly become one of the most popular clubs on campus. We'd be heroes.

All we need is some free beer and a sausage sizzle, and we've automatically become one of the best groups in the uni.

Man I love sausage sizzles, and their Australianness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom