Frostproof, Florida Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a nice little biography on the chap:

Mitch Daniels - Biography:
Mitch Daniels: A biography of self-service and political gain

Governor Mitch Daniels earned his millions marketing Prozac and other pharmaceuticals as an executive for Eli Lilly. As a member of the board of directors, Daniels then helped transition Indiana Power & Light Company (IPALCO) to new ownership that cost employees and retirees millions of dollars as stock prices bottomed out -- just after he had sold his shares for a tidy profit.

As the head of the Bush Administration's Office of Management & Budget, Daniels also came under fire for his tendency to "sell" policies that served the administration, even if that meant making dishonest claims for political gain.

As a candidate for Governor, Daniels traveled the state and promised to take politics and power out of Indianapolis and be accessible to the other 91 counties. Since taking office Governor Daniels has systematically stripped state services from smaller counties, centralized services to Indianapolis and proposed more service and job cuts throughout the state.

He also told state employees "help was on the way" and promised them that privatization would not cost one of them their jobs. Daniels' has already cut 600 state jobs to date with plans to slice 5,000 more in the next year under privatization efforts.

Don't you just love him already? :happy:

... and people are still willing to vote for this guy?

People voted for Bush in 2004 didn't they?

People are just stupid.

I saw this post via iSpy, and had to drop this in

Idiot-George-Bush.jpg

:wave:

Let me explain something about Indiana

tell me if this pic shows up:

This is "The Region"
384px-US-IN-Northwest.PNG

This is where I live. Looks small and unimportant doesn't it? Notice how close in proximity it is to Chicago? Yeah that effects the population, Those five counties are HUGE. Also, they're far more industrial than agricultural. All of northern Indiana is.
Now, it's not labeled on that map, but where all the orange lines meet is Indianapolis, the capital. See how far away it is from the Region? That is a BIG deal because, guess what. All that area is agricultural. They're pretty much a completely different state, they just view things SO differently. Indiana is like a miniature version of the north and South of the US as a whole. Northern Indiana, like a lot of the north, is industrial. Southern Indiana like a lot of the south is agricultural. Also this means that they're Republicans. We're Democrats. But our population is a bit smaller than the rest of the state put together, so we NEVER get the representation we need.

Now the candidate running on the democrat ticket seems like the answer to all our problems. She's got Educational experience (something we direly need), she's HUGE on agriculture, but she's ALSO big on industry and has experience with it as well. She's the PERFECT answer, and she's not going to win

DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT.

Sorry that was REALLY long winded, but it's just going to drive me nuts for another four years, as I watch the state fall apart

Ashley, I propose that The Region secede from Indiana and join Illinois. Looks like it might as well be functioning as part of there ANYWAY, given the ties to Chicago.

Alka-Seltzer cold. Don't get any of the flavoured kinds, they don't do anything to mask the flavour, just make it more obvious

alright. Thanks. All my homeopathic crap to try to stave it off didn't work.

Ashley, I propose that The Region secede from Indiana and join Illinois. Looks like it might as well be functioning as part of there ANYWAY, given the ties to Chicago.

It's my dream. We have enough people to start our own state actually, but we'd never do it in this day and age obviously, but I think it would be a step in the right direction. What a disaster. We need to unite the state and all we're doing is driving another stake right through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom