Friends Fans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought it was pretty good, better than most of the episodes this season! It was very emotional when Rachel finally delivered, it was very sweet. I loved when Ross went to kiss her forehead and she lifted her face to him, I was all teary at that moment.

The ending, though, left me in a quandry. I was frustrated with it. I'm pretty sure that in the opener next season it will be clarified.

Watching Ross walk down the hall with the flowers reminded me of when, many seasons ago, Rachel went to meet Ross at the airport with flowers and he walked out with Julie. Deja vu????

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

Originally posted by u2loopy:

Watching Ross walk down the hall with the flowers reminded me of when, many seasons ago, Rachel went to meet Ross at the airport with flowers and he walked out with Julie. Deja vu????

exactly!

I thought the episode was pretty raunchy in some parts - especially talking about cervixis, Ross putting his legs into straps, etc..

The writers don't seem to know what to do with Phoebe anymore. I don't either.

I read in Entertainment Weekly that next season will not show the baby too much - because evidently, viewers watch Friends to see life for 6 young adults in NYC, and not 6 adults raising children - which I guess is true in shallow way at first, but I really think loyal viewers have come to love the characters and will think it's pretty tacky to not show a newborn with her own mother.

At any rate, I thought the season was fairly tired writing-wise, and very advanced plot-wise. Hopefully the last season will be equal to the love fans have for the show.

------------------
chuck me in the shallow water before I get too deep.
carrie@interference.com

I have to admit I'm still a FRIENDS junkie after all these years.
biggrin.gif
Anyway, it wasn't THE best eppy, but one of parts I loved was Ross getting emotional about wanting to get back together with Rachel, but afraid of what's gonna happen to their baby if things don't work out between him and Rach again.

Also, I noticed that FRIENDS writers always give us clues in the cliffhangers as to what's gonna happen in the next season. For some weird reason, Rach was wearing this red/orange "lobster-y" coloured dress after giving birth. Remember Phoebe's lobster theory? Then in the end, Ross was carrying lilies, which are Rach's fave flowers. They are so getting back together. Last year, when Rach hesitated about telling Monica and Phoebe who the dad was, the camera then went to Ross who was with some kids and danced with little girls.
wink.gif

Anyway, just a thought. Am analyzing again. One of the things U2 songs have taught me to do!
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by dizzy (edited 05-17-2002).]

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I was out watching Star Wars, so I missed it! Fill me in on the details, pleeeese!

Well.. in a nutshell.. the cliffhanger at the end is that Ross's mom had given him an engagement ring to give to Rachel, and all through the episode they both get talked to by different people about how they should not lose each other, and they also shared a sweet kiss after the baby was born... so you know they are thinking of marriage, etc.. and Rachel at the end is crying and talking to Joey because she is afraid that she will have to raise the baby by herself since Ross will eventually get his own family. So he's comforting her or whatever, and then she asks him to get the box of tissues under Ross's jacket, and he does and the ring box falls out of his pocket. So Joey kneels down to pick it up and gasps, and turns around, and Rachel sort of gasps, and then she says "Yes!" (sort of like, okay, why not, yes) and then you see Ross walking down the hallway with flowers for her. ! Pretty cool! I can usually guess what will happen on tv shows but i didn't see that coming.

And dizzy- that was very interesting! thanks!

------------------
To drink it slow I can't let you go

*U2 Take Me Higher*

wa-wa-waiit. So you mean, she said yes to Joey? Joey who is carrying a torch for her? *really doesn't care much for Ross and would rather see Rachel with Joey anyways*
tongue.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
wa-wa-waiit. So you mean, she said yes to Joey? Joey who is carrying a torch for her? *really doesn't care much for Ross and would rather see Rachel with Joey anyways*
tongue.gif

No, actually she said, "Okay..." not "Yes.". It was pretty tricky. A somewhat resigned 'okay, if you can offer me the one thing Ross can't.' But who knows?

Originally posted by dizzy:

No, actually she said, "Okay..." not "Yes.". It was pretty tricky. A somewhat resigned 'okay, if you can offer me the one thing Ross can't.' But who knows?

yeah, that was it. i definitely picked up the resignation in her voice, too.. poor joey. it'll be ross and rachel tho b/c that's how it Should be! lol

Yes, I am a cheeeeeezeball. I cried my eyes out when Emma was born.

As for the ending- Joey's too sweet, and loves Rach too much. He'll tell the truth.

Ross and Rachel belong together. He's her Lobster.

*contemplates* I need a lobster.

With next season being the last season, I bet they'll get Ross and Rachel together and have their wedding be the series finale. At least, that's what I'm hoping for!

Originally posted by Peaseblossom:
Yes, I am a cheeeeeezeball. I cried my eyes out when Emma was born.

As for the ending- Joey's too sweet, and loves Rach too much. He'll tell the truth.

Ross and Rachel belong together. He's her Lobster.

*contemplates* I need a lobster.

I'm gonna agree with this. They were so cool together, then that stupid job and co-worker had to happen, then the break...gah!

That thing about the lobster always gets me, too. *gets all misty

I wanna lobster!!!
frown.gif

PS-Yes, Noodle, they so need to do something with Phoebe. All you ever see her do anymore is pick up loser guys.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
Let's pray for something
To feel good in the morning

gah! they named the baby emma?? that's one of my favorite names!!! but now that's it's been on friends, everyone will probably start naming their kid emma... grrrrr. guess i'll just have to name my unborn child isabelle.
wink.gif

thanks for the updates everyone!
smile.gif

I got to go to the live taping of the Friends season finale. The funny thing is , they taped that final scene in private , because the last scene I saw was the one of Ross and Phoebe talking.

Total Surprise!!

I love Friends, I'm so excited for the last season !!!

Originally posted by *Ally*:
gah! they named the baby emma?? that's one of my favorite names!!! but now that's it's been on friends, everyone will probably start naming their kid emma... grrrrr. guess i'll just have to name my unborn child isabelle.
wink.gif

thanks for the updates everyone!
smile.gif

haha, well Ally, Isabella was actually the original name for the baby! There you go - it's all yours!!
smile.gif

My problem with the "Friends" ending is that Joey is going to get hurt again. Rachel's going to wind up with Ross, and Joey is going to have to step aside.

I would much rather see Rachel with Joey than Ross. Ross' character has gotten somewhat goofy the past couple of seasons, whereas Joey is very sweet and far more likeable. And I don't like the idea of Joey winding up with Phoebe...Phoebe is just too self-centered and silly for him.

Oh well...!

I haven't watched that show regularly in the last couple years.

There was a TV critic talking with somebody on the radio recently, and they were talking about how bad the characters have gotten. He said that he thought that Joey and Phoebe were the best because they have maintained a certain consistency, whereas the others, especially Rachel and Monica, have become very shrill. (Not exactly sure what he meant by that).

The radio host agreed, saying that when he went back to some of the first couple seasons' episodes, he noticed how much nicer, more likeable people they were (Rachel and Monica).

just curious what others think of these comments.

Back
Top Bottom