Fresh Kills, Staten Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
where've you been piss-lovah?

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware and Ocean City, Maryland. My one buddy has a shore house outside of Rehoboth, so four of us went down there for the weekend.

Rehoboth has a huge gay population, I might add.

Nice timing for announcing that: just in time for Screwtape to kill you. :wink:

Screwy not a fan? Why not?

I think he's called it the worst song ever or something like that.

I don't see how. Certainly it's not your typical Pink Floyd song, but still, it's a great acoustic song. Very simple and straightforward. Really shows how good Gilmour's vocals can be.

So I know some of you were advising me get a new therapist and tell them what I told you. I was thinking about that all weekend. I'm not going to. My mom, dad and sister have enough to worry about for me to add anything. I have to make them believe I am better. I make this sacrifice for them. I will not see the people I care about in pain. That is all I would be giving them.

So I know some of you were advising me get a new therapist and tell them what I told you. I was thinking about that all weekend. I'm not going to. My mom, dad and sister have enough to worry about for me to add anything. I have to make them believe I am better. I make this sacrifice for them. I will not see the people I care about in pain. That is all I would be giving them.

That sucks that you're going to flat out lie to the people you love and care about. I think they'd be more worried to know that you're hiding stuff from them. They worry because they care for you and love you and want you to be well. Lying to them, and to yourself, is only sweeping it under the rug. One of these days, they will find out, and it will be messy. It's too bad you want to put them through that, since you do sincerely care about them. They'd be much more content knowing you were getting the assistance you needed and that you were being taken care of and were on your way to self improvement.

In case you haven't noticed, therapy isn't for them, it's for you.

Also:
1. They'll find out eventually how you actually feel. That'll make them feel even worse.
2. Come up with some bollocks that your therapist recommended a change or is moving or something.

That sucks that you're going to flat out lie to the people you love and care about. I think they'd be more worried to know that you're hiding stuff from them. They worry because they care for you and love you and want you to be well. Lying to them, and to yourself, is only sweeping it under the rug. One of these days, they will find out, and it will be messy. It's too bad you want to put them through that, since you do sincerely care about them. They'd be much more content knowing you were getting the assistance you needed and that you were being taken care of and were on your way to self improvement.

It doesn't good does it? It is just that my family has other things that are occupying them. I have to live with this. Now is not the time to become the concern of everyone. I just don't know if anyone can help me. I don't want to take them down another dark road.

I've been away: what's happened with your current therapist?

Now quick, while they aren't looking! OTH fans, fire up your alters.

Although i'm a bit over it now.

:lol: Shame neither I nor notAxver will be online when there's just a minute or two to go ... :wink:

In case you haven't noticed, therapy isn't for them, it's for you.

Also:
1. They'll find out eventually how you actually feel. That'll make them feel even worse.
2. Come up with some bollocks that your therapist recommended a change or is moving or something.

My mom in particular is stressed enough and honestly probably needs a therapist at times herself. They seem so happy that thinks look so better. I'm having a nephew in a few months. I don't want my sister thinking I'm not better. I don't want her to think I'm insane.

I've been away: what's happened with your current therapist?

I told the superthread some things I haven't told anyone. Some of the things you didn't understand about me. I don't think this therapist is the right one to handle the direction I might need to take. Everyone wants me to get a new therapist and tell these things to my family while for their sake I just don't want to hurt them.

Having a chemical imbalance does not make one insane. If so, half the population would be insane, myself included.

At the very least, you need to try and be more honest with your therapist. Especially about your medication. If the fluoxetine really isn't working for you, you need to tell the therapist that. Continuing to take it when it's not working can damage your mental health further.

I told the superthread some things I haven't told anyone. Some of the things you didn't understand about me. I don't think this therapist is the right one to handle the direction I might need to take. Everyone wants me to get a new therapist and tell these things to my family while for their sake I just don't want to hurt them.

Bugger what we think. If you (enough emphasis?) don't think this therapist is doing you any good then it's not helping you, nor anyone and is nothing but a big waste of money.

It doesn't good does it? It is just that my family has other things that are occupying them. I have to live with this. Now is not the time to become the concern of everyone. I just don't know if anyone can help me. I don't want to take them down another dark road.

You not being honest with yourself about the assistance you need is gonna lead you and your family down a darker road. If you were selfless, you'd be honest with yourself and with the people you love. If you aren't letting them help you, you are deceiving them.

My mom in particular is stressed enough and honestly probably needs a therapist at times herself. They seem so happy that thinks look so better. I'm having a nephew in a few months. I don't want my sister thinking I'm not better. I don't want her to think I'm insane.

I don't see the point in arguing with you about this, because it will just go around in circles. Instead, let me give you two visions of your life.

1. Keep doing what you're doing. Keep seeing a therapist who's no good for you. Keep failing to address the issue. Keep taking medication that isn't treating what's wrong with you. Who knows what that's doing to you? But whatever the case, keep going down this path. You see how you are now? Do you want to be like this when you're thirty, when you're fifty, when you're eighty? Do you want this to be your life? Do you want to sit there when you're fifty, still just as miserable, probably having achieved none of your potential and let your family down, and think "shit, I wish I'd done things differently"?

2. Make some changes now. Maybe there will be some short term problems, or maybe you can come up with convincing explanations that alleviate any tensions. Whatever the case, find someone who will actually help. Get the actual problem addressed. Get medication that actually treats what's wrong. Don't be like this when you're thirty, let alone fifty or eighty. Be well-adjusted and confident and going somewhere worthwhile with your life, rather than going around in the same bleak mental circles for the rest of your life. Your family will notice a positive change and it'll make them a hell of a lot happier.

Your choice.

You not being honest with yourself about the assistance you need is gonna lead you and your family down a darker road. If you were selfless, you'd be honest with yourself and with the people you love. If you aren't letting them help you, you are deceiving them.

I really don't know how to tell my mom that I'm not better. It would break her heart. She seems more worn down by this whole journey than me. I don't know how to tell her.

Well, now that I'm back from Memorial Day vacation, the next four weeks will be what my mother calls "virtual house arrest." I have work, and I have school, and that's it.

I really don't know how to tell my mom that I'm not better. It would break her heart. She seems more worn down by this whole journey than me. I don't know how to tell her.

"Having therapy makes me feel like I can get better now, but I think I might need a different person to do it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom