Free Bon Jovi Concert in NY!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you don't think that is being insulting to the fans and not the band, I don't know what to say to you.

If you don't think that is being insulting to the fans and not the band, I don't know what to say to you.

I said it's open-ended, and could be read either way. It's obviously an insult to the band, as any insult there towards the fans is dependent upon the assumption that the band is not worth being a fan of. That's how I read it anyway.

Bon Jovi's a popular band, and if people like them, it's no big deal. I don't think less of anybody for being a Bon Jovi fan, but I'd like to think it's okay to joke around about it, you know? It's hard to take them seriously, again, it's not a big deal.

That Triumph video is one of my favorites.

Where is Lila?? Free show + airfare = no excuses :hyper:

Free airfare too? :hmm: :wink:

I saw the band earlier this year as well. Good show - lots of audience participation too. I guess they are a guilty pleasure :shrug:

Oh, and that Triumph skit - I used to have the complete skit bookmarked on my computer. That is frickin' HILARIOUS and one of the funniest EVAH! :lmao:

Bon Jovi's a popular band, and if people like them, it's no big deal. I don't think less of anybody for being a Bon Jovi fan, but I'd like to think it's okay to joke around about it, you know? It's hard to take them seriously, again, it's not a big deal.

That Triumph video is one of my favorites.

Yeah but some posts in here really didn't look like joking around. Looked more like stating opinion as fact.

Anyway, the triumph video was indeed funny! I love how he bashes Sugar Ray in the same video. :laugh: Both bands were good sports about it!

Yeah but some posts in here really didn't look like joking around. Looked more like stating opinion as fact.

Anyway, the triumph video was indeed funny! I love how he bashes Sugar Ray in the same video. :laugh: Both bands were good sports about it!

Yeah, you know how I feel about that.

Oh well, I just wanted to drop off my lighthearted Bon Jovi (calling them BJ is too funny to say) joke and leave.

Bon Jovi is a great band..........

FOR ME TO POOP ON!

YouTube - Triumph the Insult Dog - Bon Jovi

triumphjovi.jpg

This was easily your proudest moment Triumph :up: Maybe the dog show bit was close, but this one is my favorite.

But................................. it requires the participation of your subject to truly make a skit like this work. And Bon Jovi clearly understood that they were being used and insulted for the benefit of the bit and Conan. They went along with every dumb joke thrown their way, much of it personal, with humor and good will, allowed them on to the bus, exposing drug paraphernalia and opening themselves up to a significant risk. And allowed it to be used on air. To laugh at the band as if they weren't getting the joke played on them, is only fooling yourself. I'm not a Bon Jovi fan in the least, but I gave them a huge props for making this Triumph's greatest moment. One he most likely will never top.

And like Coldplay, anyone playing a free concert that allow's thousands of fans to see is at least trying to do something for their fans who may not be able to see them otherwise.

:p

That video is still a hell of a lot better than the cringeworthy Elevation or Vertigo videos! And I'm not even a big Bon Jovi fan. I like a few songs from their 90s albums. Maybe it's just nostalgia or whatever. But the point is, if I knew there were excited fans posting here, I wouldn't piss on their opinions and make them feel like shit for having subjective taste. Maybe it's just me.

:love::love:

Back
Top Bottom