Free and Legal mp3 Links Compiled Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well...that's not a good attitude

I said I'm not good at descriptions...

okay...I will describe them thusly

a cross between u2 and radiohead!

everywhere i go someone seems to have somethig to say about them...that's all

and it's always 'oooohhh i loooooove them!!", coming from the same kids who only like yo la tengo and postal service cos it's cool to like them. they liked whatever was popular last year. i don't know, the white stripes.

August 14, 2003: New SLF studio album out now! The new album, Guitar and Drum, was released in the UK on EMI on August 11, '03. They're still working on securing a US label. Several new songs have been previewed at SLF live shows this year, including "Strummerville," (a tribute to Joe Strummer,) "Still Burning", "High & Low," and "Guitar & Drum". Said Jake Burns, "Well, we've spent five years talking about it , deliberating over it and writing for it. I was beginning to think it would never happen, but it has. After three very productive weeks in Cornwall, SW England we've finally made the 9th SLF Studio album. No-one can ever accuse us of rushing things ! We tried to make this one a bit of a return to our roots but with the odd surprise. Hope you like it and we'll see you all out on the road later in the year."

the fact that they've been searching for that u.s. label since august doesn't give me much hope...

i listened to deat cab for cutie at the radio station last night.

Anyone know where I can get R.E.M. stuff? Particularly Pop Song 89 and Bad Day.

yeah, i'll be around.

i just realised i can send you 'bad day' too.

Last edited:
:up:

it's the least i can do. i benefitted greatly from your FTP last spring.

i know some people are anxious to hear duran duran's new stuff (including me), so here's some bootleg/demos. you can download them here.

there's a lot of mp3s there, so i'll tell you the ones that are the current demos. beautiful colours, reach up for the sunrise, tv versus radio, taste the summer, pretty ones (which is awesome, imo), salt in the rainbow, and virus. also, there's a remix of sunrise on there, which will be on the queer eye for the straight guy soundtrack.

the rest of the demos are from their ill-fated liberty album, so they're from 1990, save a couple which are from the mid-90s.

Back
Top Bottom