Franz Ferdinand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Indeed yertle, I like it but the new ones by the Beta Band, the Icarus Line and Patti Smith are getting more of a run in my player...right now I'm listening to Revolver though - reading a Beatles book you see.

:up::up::up::up:

I saw them last night in Minneapolis.

GREAT show. They were really tight and had a lot of fun with the crowd. Sons and Daughters opened up. They are from Scotland too and they were equally as good.

I know the Chicago show is sold out tonight, I would expect the same for Detroit on Sunday night. If I didn't have to train someone at work early monday - I would be flying up to Detroit for the show there.

:up: :up::up::up:

I think Franz Ferdinand are basically the second coming of rock, ready to destroy everything and anything in it's path, and ready to dance with everybody in the world called Michael.

Rock on.

They are the new Scottish gentry :up:

I'm shopping for blood

Last edited:
Franz Ferdinand's drum beat to Shopping for blood is a rip off of Gary Glitter's Rock and Roll Part 2

I like what they are trying to do but the album sounds all the same and get tediously boring - I can only take a song at a time.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I agree with DrMusk. I had to switch cds at midpoint and turn on Morrissey. :wink:

wowser I just downloaded their album - I'm really impressed after 2 songs!

See, I love the disco drum beat. I think it is pretty difficult to find an original drum beat these days(outside of maybe Radiohead, I can't think of anything I listened to recently that is truly unique when it comes to percussion).

People should check out the band that opened for them: Sons and Daughters - also from Scotland.

If you were to turn on Conan Obrien tonight, you would see a band called, "Franz Ferdinand", perform.

:up:

i know a lot of people really like them, but i think the hype outweighs the material. nothing really that impressive about them, but the same can be said for a lot of bands today. i much prefer the killers or radio 4, or ambulance ltd.

Crapola, I walked in to catch them going to commercial right after performing. I have the worst timing ever. :down:

Conan ended the show saying something like, "I REALLY liked that band!" :up: I agree.

yertle-the-turtle said:
I'm sure it will turn up online before the end of tomorrow.

That's where I'm getting my fix, anyway.

Let me know :up: I still havent watched all of Franz's music videos, I need to.

By the way, I'll be seeing The Rapture at The Cure's festival this summer.....:|

HeadsOnSticks said:
i much prefer the killers or radio 4, or ambulance ltd.

I know I've heard Ambulance Ltd. I think I liked them all right, but I can't really remember. :|

Anyway, I like Franz Ferdinand. The album is good fun, and sometimes that's all music needs to be about. I had my sister listen to Take Me Out--I've never seen her like a song so much on the very first listen. They're definitely catchy, which is a quality that turns some people off, but it doesn't bother me. So yeah, count me as a fan.

u2popmofo said:
Crapola, I walked in to catch them going to commercial right after performing. I have the worst timing ever. :down:

Conan ended the show saying something like, "I REALLY liked that band!" :up: I agree.

i saw. i couldn't tell if it was because my tv's sound was down so far (everyone was sleeping, i didn't want to wake them/die), but parts sounded extremly off. but then it sounded a hell of a lot better than some other bands that will remain nameless :wink:

their singer looks a LOT like this guy from a band that used to exist around here.

HeadsOnSticks said:
the killers

do you have the album (or have listened to it)?

The local, overly-commercial, college radio station in town plays the killers single over and over. It is quite catchy. They started playing it right before they started playing "Take Me Out" - and I would get the two confused.

i take back what i said above. saw re-run with volume on.

singer still looks like guy from defunct local band, though.

Back
Top Bottom